October 31, 2014 | 1445 users online

Crème - Graftobian - HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by lazeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Yes I will definitely buy this again. In fact I just ordered a whole slew of palettes from our local Graftobian distributor and planning on using this extensively on my clients.

The range of shades is wide and varied. Anybody can find a foundation match w/ the shades available. They have it in Cool, Neutral and Warm, and from the lightest to darkest skin tones. So I mean anybody, literally, can find a shade that can match w/ their skin color and undertone.

The product is heavy and thick, and has a matte finish, so it's important to use a little amount & apply w/ a light hand. I find that this is best applied w/ a damp sponge, I use a foundation brush to apply the product in sections across my face then I use a damp sponge to work the foundation on my face - a tapping motion if I want more coverage and swiping motion to thin it out. I find that this work best if set w/ Graftobian HD Dual Finish powder foundation and it looks absolutely beautiful in photographs. In every day use, it's best to apply this lightly and thinly for a beautiful finish. Since you only need a little amount, it takes a while to finish the whole pot.

The price is more than half cheaper than leading HD foundations and performs much better in my opinion. But of course Graftobian just used a cheap plastic pot as packaging that opens up when you twist it. No bells and whistles w/ the packaging of this product - so I understand the lower price range. The good thing about this is you can scoop the product out and place it in an empty palette. Very handy for makeup artists.

This doesn't have an SPF too, that's the reason why it's cheaper. And that's why it's also one of the best foundations to use in photographs because this doesn't give that white cast on faces that foundations w/ SPF gives. Graftobian is geared toward professional MUA's, for TV, theater and movies, and it's only recently that they have made a presence w/ the regular consumers.

I cannot stress enough how I love Graftobian foundations, they're even better than Shu Uemura's Nobara and that has been my staple cream foundation for the longest time. Less expensive too!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by mileanxhela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cream foundation has high coverage and covers very well, although if I apply too much it could cake and escentuate dryness. I do not use it as an all over face foundation because it looks heavy..I only use it as a concealer and as a concealer I love it! Plus it is cheap.I am a NW20 in MAC and I use Neutral prema donna. It is a tad bit light for an all over the face but as a concealer under my eyes it is perfect.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kp07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the Graftobian concealer pallets in all the colors! application is easy, the formula is great and the colors re amazing. The corrector color pallet is my fav!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by oriorp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought the neutral foundation palette in 1. Can use it all year round. Literally imperceptible on my skin, with full coverage and no corpse like quality. Love it. Cheap too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by unlitbutonfire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVING THIS FOUNDATION.....SO FAR.
PREVIOUSLY I TRIED MANY DIFFERENT FOUNDATIONS SUCH AS MARY KAY, MAC, MERLE NORMAN, LAURA MERCIER, ZHEN, BOBBI BROWN TO NAME A FEW. LAURA MERCIER AND BOBBI BROWN WAS THE TWO THAT CAME CLOSEST TO A PERFECT COLOR MATCH. HOWEVER, THESE FOUNDATIONS ARE PRICEY! I WAS LOOKING TO FIND A CREAM FOUNDATION THAT WAS NOT TOO EXPENSIVE, YET HAD A GREAT NATURAL LOOKING COVERAGE.AS I WAS ON MY MISSION, I READ ALOT OF REVIEWS ON MUA AND RESEARCHED ON THE INTERNET. GRAFTOBIAN WAS NAMED ONE OF THE BEST FOUNDATIONS BY "WAYNE GOSS" THE GOSSMAKEUPARTIST AND OTHER MAKE UP ARTISTS AS WELL.
I DECIDED TO TAKE A CHANCE AS THE PRODUCT WAS LESS EXPENSIVE THAN BB. I PURCHASED THIS FROM A COSTUME STORE IN HONOLULU FOR $21.99. I ALSO BOUGHT THE BEN NYE BANANA LOOSE POWDER ($8.99) TO SET THE FOUNDATION.

I WILL COMPARE THE GRAFTOBIAN HD CREAM FOUNDATION TO BOBBI BROWN CREAM AND STICK FOUNDATION AS THOSE WERE THE MOST RECENT FOUNDATIONS I USED. PLEASE NOTE I AM AN NC42 IN MAC FOUNDATIONS, HOWEVER, IN BB THE EQUIVALENT WOULD BE HONEY, BUT I FOUND THE HONEY TO LEAN TOWARD PEACH. THEREFORE I HAD TO MIX BB WARM NATURAL (NC 40ISH) WITH BB WARM HONEY (WHICH IS A LITTLE MORE GOLDEN AND A TAD TOO DARK FOR ME) TO GET A GOOD COLOR MATCH. I HAVE COMBO SKIN; A LITTLE OILY AT THE NOSE AREA AS THE DAY PROGESSES. I HAVE SMALL PORES AND A SOMEWHAT CLEAR COMPLEXION AND VERY SENSITIVE SKIN.

I PURCHASED THE GRAFTOBIAN WARM PALETTE #2 WITHOUT TRYING IT ON AS THE FIRST THREE COLORS (BUTTERMILK, DESERT SAND, AND GOLDEN SUNSET) LOOKED LIKE IT WAS THE SAME AS BOBBI BROWN'S FOUNDATION STICK COLORS IN WARM NATURAL AND WARM HONEY.

I USED FOUR OF THE FIVE SHADES IN THE PALETTE; BUTTERMILK, DESERT SAND, GOLDEN SUNSET, AND DEEP XANTHE. I USED BUTTERMILK AND DESERT SAND TO HIGHTLIGHT AND AS CONCEALER, DEEP XANTHE TO CONTOUR, AND GOLDEN SUNSET ALL OVER FOUNDATION AND TO BLEND ALL THE COLORS. THE GOLDEN SUNSET SEEMS TO DISAPEAR IN MY SKIN; GREAT ALL OVER COLOR MATCH!

FIRST I MOISTURIZED MY SKIN WITH CERAVE LOTION AND LET THAT SOAK IN A FEW MINUTES. I DOTTED THE FOUNDATION ON MY FACE; UNDER EYE CONCEALER, HIGHLIGHT, CONTOUR. THEN I SPRAYED SOME MAC FIX + ON A SONIA KASHUK FLAT TOP BRUSH AND BLEND. THEN I SET THE FOUNDATION WITH BEN NYE LOOSE BANANA POWDER. THE RESULT? FLAWLESS NATURAL LOOKING SKIN! I APPLIED THE GRAFTOBIAN THIS MORNING AT ABOUT 6:00 AND IT IS ABOUT 10:00 AM NOW AND IT LOOKS LIKE WHEN I JUST APPLIED IT!

I HAVE FOUND MY HG FOUNDATION! AND AT A GREAT PRICE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by missani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product. Best foundation ever IMHO.
It goes on smoothly and isn't too oily or flaky and dry.

It really covers so well but doesn't feel heavy on. When you get your photo taken you can see why its called HD. It seems to erase all your flaws.
Photoshop in a jar.
Its really cheap too!

There are so many colors to choose from so you can get something that will match your skin perfectly.
You can get a 5 color palette to try out what color is best for your or decent sized containers that last for ages. A little goes a long long way.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by terrenity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wore this foundation for my wedding last week, and could not have been more pleased with it. It covered my acne and acne scars beautifully, erased my pores, and left my skin looking naturally perfect, despite my low-tech application (fingers). The coverage stayed all day, even through pictures in 95 degree weather and dancing. I have been using it since then as my general foundation, and am still loving it. It isn't even breaking me out, and I have very finicky skin. I will absolutely repurchase!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by riamaynes

I took make up classes recently and this is the product we use at our school. This is good for dry/combination skin.
I got warm 1 and warm 2. That entire set is enough for base, contour and highlight for different shades of warm skin tones.
It's very pigmented and it's a real steal! Use a mixing palette to spread a small amount of this foundation then use a wet beauty blender to apply it. As a result, it gives a flawless finish. Top it off with a 2 way powder and volah! full coverage, light and flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by nokomic

I have tried a lot of expensive foundations and this is by far the best. It looks like real skin. It lasts. It covers, but can be worn sheer. It also doesn't break me out. My color is Primma Donna and I'm a NC20.

It does take a little bit to find the right color (I would order one of those 5 pan palletes, I think they are only twenty dollars at camera ready cosmetics.com) and it does take a few tries to learn how you prefer to use it but in the end it's so worth it. I have two toddlers and I'm usually exhausted and look pretty bad in the morning. I'm also pressed for time, to say the least, and this is the perfect thing for me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't quite like it as a foundation.. (would give a rating of 2) but i love it as a concealer. This is NOT a foundation for humid climates. It will sink into the pores and slide off quickly even with primer and loose powder. If you have large pores/small dry flakes of skin on your face please skip this as it will just highlight them in an unflattering manner.

It is quite greasy going on too so I don't really like the feeling of it on my whole face. Coverage is pretty good but I did not like the way the foundation looked on my face. I'm usually the lightest/2nd lightest colour in foundation (NC15-20) and I found Ingenue an okay match. I am not going to use this as foundation because of the AWFUL smell. I can tolerate scent in my products but this reeks of petroleum and makes me feel as if I'm slathering Vaseline on my face. The smell lingers for a long time and I just can't stand it.

However, it's amazing as a concealer. A small amount can cover up most of my dark circles. I've not found any concealer that covers better than this foundation :-) I usually use a brush to apply it then I smooth it out a little with my finger.

I got my foundation from MakeUpMania. It was really cheap, even with international shipping thrown in so no harm trying :P

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No