Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 4/15/2013 10:12:00 PM

I love the pump and the color selection. Im nc20-25 and shade 20 was a pretty good match. This foundation is very watery and light weight. I enjoyed being able to feel my skin breathe with this on and it creates a nice cooling sensation upon application that I enjoyed. Unfortunately this product literally wouldn't set on me, even with powder on top. Literally, I had to blot 30 minutes minutes after application and my paper was full of the pigment =( I have acne prone skin with a lot of marks and I wanted something I could wear on my days off, but it just didnt hold up well on my skin, plus I broke out immediately from it.

on 4/14/2013 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Broke me out.. Feel light weight but contains a lot of unnatural ingredients, if you have sensitive skin pass on it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Super cool. Not for everyday . I think of it as a nice tool in my kit. I love to cocktail this . It's a WATERPROOF water based gel emulsion that does not rub off and needs no powder to set. It can be used on face and body hence the name.. It used alot in movies and circus ole . Very little coverage . I bought a super dark shade and applied it as a fake tan to avoid the rancid smell of a self tanner developing.. Loved it . Washed right off with a lil scrubbing. It does have a weird smell but I'm telling u if ur in a rush n want a quick deep tan without the mess wait n smell give this a shot

on 4/3/2013 9:29:00 AM

Nice color, looks great at first. But very sheer, and doesn't last all day. When I remove it at night, there's very little color on my cotton pad. Note to everyone who marvels at what a "big" bottle you get: this is because it's so diluted.

I got Dior Forever instead. Amazing stuff.

on 3/19/2013 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have this foundation in color number 34.

The packaging is a black pump, but I transferred it into an empty Bobbi Brown moisturizer jar that I had. Silly? Perhaps. The reason I did this is so when I shake it up, I can use the amount that gets on the lid, tap my brush into it, and scrape the brush off on the side of the lid. This gives me the perfect amount for my entire face. It just makes me feel like I'm not being wasteful.

It gives me good coverage, but I don't have a lot that needs to be covered. I have redness on my chin and around my nose and my jawline breaks out when I sleep under my husbands arm (I think from his deadorant getting on my face). This covers these issues well.

It stays on for me all day with no problems. My skin is dry, so I can't speak on how it would perform on oily skin. For us dry folks, this is great, as it's water based.

Now...on to the fragrance. It does have a fragrance and it is rather strong, but I really realllly like it. I don't know what it is, but I just love smelling it.

I definitely recommend it and will buy it again when I run out.

on 3/18/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

This has coverage, people! I, in general, love MUFE. And this foundation is pure love to me. I have medium dark skin with really strong yellow undertone, I am also quite acne-prone, clog-prone and I have combination-oily skin but my skin can also get really, really dry (I know, it's weird). In MAC, I would be along the line of NC35-37, but even NC35 is not yellow enough for me and MAC is known to put strong yellow undertones in their NC bases. I wear the shade #34 and it's a spot-on match! Now, on to the coverage and performance. This has coverage and I wasn't expecting that much coverage when I bought it, my skin at the moment is not at its best since I have some hyperpigmentation and uneven skin. I use a really, really small amount and I buff it in using a kabuki brush, and voila! Perfect-looking skin! I use the tiniest bit of concealer over darker marks and an extra layer of foundation on my dark circles, set it with a powder and this lasts me 9 hours! I didn't even look all that shiny and I live in sunny Indonesia, not to mention I'm a very active college student who often has to run around the campus and this stays put on me. I tend to get oily by mid-day but I didn't when I had it on, and my skin just looks beautiful with it on. This also doesn't further clog my pores or break me out, it's just pure love. I don't like foundation with SPF and this is perfect for daytime wear worn over a layer of sunscreen or for night time because it doesn't have SPF. I highly recommend this to everyone with combination skin, it has a dewy finish but when set with a light loose powder, you can get a satin finish and a real looking skin.

PS: this is a great undereye concealer for me for it doesn't crease AT ALL.

on 3/16/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really wish sephora would get the lightest shades in stock again but until then shade 20 works okay for me as long as I blend well down my neck and chest (NW15/20 in the winter). When first pumped from the bottle (make sure to shake it well first) the texture is somewhat lackluster but after I stipple it on and buff with my sigma f80 brush I could care less what it looks like straight out of the bottle. It is not tacky feeling like MAC F&B and it doesn't oxidize on my skin either. I personally don't mind the smell at all but as it is rather strong I can see how it would bother others. This foundation feels really light and after it dries I forget I even have anything on. In my experience it has been very transfer resistant which is a great feature. Really love this foundation (besides the price of course) I just wish I was able to get my hands on the lightest shades (36/38 I believe) to mix to make a better color match for the winter.

on 3/9/2013 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I purchased this liquid foundation hoping that it would work well with my skin type (large pores,oily skin) after reading other reviews. I also really liked that this foundation was mainly water based. Unfortunately this foundation didn't work with my skin type, my pores still seemed huge even with pore minimizer underneath, and despite using primer this foundation wasn't long wearing at all. I did use this on my mum for her bridal makeup however and on her it worked extremely well, it didn't emphasize any wrinkles and instead gave her a dewy youthful glow and evened out her skin tone nicely as well, and photographs nicely as you don't get the dreaded white face in it.

on 2/26/2013 11:49:00 PM

Great foundation! Light coverage that's perfect for daily use, comfortable to wear, long lasting. Only complaint is the shade range (but this extend to all mufe foundations): they are all either too yellow or too beige or too pink! Still works fine with a little blending though.

on 2/2/2013 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I really don't like this foundation. This is expensive stuff for water and pigment! I got it because I have a weird reaction to MAC Face and Body. I know people say that the MUFE version offers more coverage but I beg to differ. This offers significantly less coverage than the MAC foundation.
The MUFE version also has terrible staying power. I wore this to work one day 8-3pm and by lunch time, I checked my face and was horrified to see all of my make up literally coming off in patches. I sit in an air conditioned room all day so I'm not really sure what caused this. I use a primer, setting spray, setting powder..everything.
Determined to make this work I tried this again the next day when I was just at home. Same thing. Gross. I returned this.