September 30, 2014 | 1625 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Skindinavia - Makeup Finishing Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Bunnybear9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the Oil Control version of the makeup finishing spray and got an original makeup finishing spray along with it. I prefer the original version, though neither did much to control oil or keep my makeup in place longer. IMO a good primer works much better. This stuff also did nothing to 'weather-proof' my makeup-- when it's raining outside I still end up with splotchy makeup (and I live in Seattle--so it's a big deal!). I'm still searching for an HG mattifier and makeup 'sealer'. I may try Ben Nye next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! This stuff is amazing! I stumbled onto it when signing on to MUA, and it was one of the reviews they were featuring at the time. I didn't even know I wanted or needed something like this, but after the reviews I HAD to try it. THIS IS WHAT HG IS LADIES! I am seriously considering going back through my product reviews and getting rid of anything that I said was HG, because now that I've really found one, I know they don't compare! The product couldn't be easier to use. You just spritz it on to your face (I use 3 and do it in sections so I don't miss anything!) after your makeup application and you're set. I use mineral makeup and it gets rid of the powdery finish. For the record, I have really oily skin and am prone to breakouts, and this has helped dramatically with oil production and has not caused a single breakout after a month of use. Since I started using this, I literally have had a compliment twice a week on my makeup or my complexion. A woman the other day asked me if I used airbrush makeup because it was so flawless. And belive me, it is NOT because I'm good a application or use expensive products. The only thing I've changed is this product. I was outside in the rain all day the other day, and my makeup didn't smudge or fade. I was at another outdoor event that was horribly overcast and just yuck, and every picture of me that day looked airbrushed and perfect. I am just still in awe of the product and what it can do. It just sets your makeup perfectly and makes it last all day, yet it's weightless and you can't even feel it. I think it's taken me from having to blot 3-4 times a day to 1, and that in itself is a miracle. I think everyone should own this product!! HG!!

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by kittykat18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First of all I have the oilyest skin ever! I thought this product would be a saviour when I found it on the internet and read the reviews. It's not bad, I still do get oil breakthrough and need to touch up my make up or pat down the oil. It has helped keep my make-up on longer just not what I expected. But I would buy it again, as it does give me a longer time without any shine. I do NOT like the bottle it comes in, it only gives me one spray and then cloggs up so I had to pour the solution in another spray bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by xjslx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

of course this isn't a miracle spray, for those that have pretty oily skin, u will still not be able to live without the oil blotting papers in your purse. however, this product does help minimize or slow the surfacing of oil on ur face pretty well, so that u have bigger gaps of time b/w when u need to blot. it's a great product in that sense. as for the price, i think they could do better... i actually got lucky and got mine for $8 at an ulta clearance sale for this brand, which is the only reason i got it. for awhile i've been wanting this (due to the reviews on mua), but held back b/c of the full price $39 for the full size 8 oz. bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by mujigae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG i love this product.. i have the oiliest skin you will ever see.. usually i use 3 shiseido blotting papers throughout the day. but with this, 1 does the job!!!... it also makes my complexion so smooth and soft and takes away the cakeyness of my foundation!! it just makes me look like i have dewy skin!! not oily but dewy!!!

Its soooo good for oily skin... it keeps the oil from coming... and keeps makeup ON for hours and hours till the end of the day..

it doesnt cause breakouts on my skin too!! (my biggest fear)

amazing.... truly amazing... get it now!!

since i discovered it, I cant live without it now...

Update: Okay... i still like this alot... but I sometimes wish it comes in an aerosol bottle... cuz the mist is not fine enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like Makeup Finishing Spray. I'm suprised. I tried the Model in a Bottle before and I wasnt super impressed....so I was kind of biased about finishing sprays in general. I bought this based on the reviews here. It does work. I love it when a product performs like it advertises.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The reviews on this are glowing for a reason. I have Ben Nye's Final Seal finishing spray and really like it for long days/nights out, but it can be pretty drying and shellac-like. This is like a more gentle, everyday-wear version that keeps makeup in place without feeling tacky or stiff on skin. I recommend buying it in one of Skindinavia's kits, as the other products in the line are true gems as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I decided to use this product for a month before reviewing it, just to be fair. It has truly earned 5 stars in my book- thank you to MUA for another wonderful discovery! This is simple to use, you simply mist it over your makeup to set it. This truly does help to slow down, or even stop the makeup sliding off the face problem. I have an issue of makeup slide off around my nose and this has made a big difference. It also keeps blush in place, even if you have a bad habit of resting your face on your hands like me. It is somewhat expensive, but I was able to grab two of the small bottles on clearance for $5 each at Ulta which is a deal. I would say definitely give this product a try if you want your makeup to be long lastling and beautiful all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by mink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I read the description of the product and the reviews, I thought it was too good to be true but I'm happy to say this ACTUALLY WORKS!!! In my experience, primers usually only help a little in prolonging the wear of makeup (I use Smashbox) but this definitely keeps your makeup looking fresh throughout the day and noticeably keeps my skin from getting oily. I have tried this with 3 different foundations (TM, medium, and full coverage) and it works equally well with the different formulas. I was especially impressed that it kept my TM looking so fresh as otherwise it usually looks like I'm wearing no makeup by the end of the day.

I recently did my friend's makeup for her wedding and her makeup stayed fresh through the end of the night! I only had to touch up her lips from time to time. I was in a rush to do my own though so I forgot to apply it myself and am so regretting it because it shows in the pictures, especially b/c I was running around a lot. But at least she looked great! This is a must-have for daily use and for special occasions! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by pinkpaige

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This spray is a must-have for my super oily skin. I love love love it! When I 1st purchased I thought it worked pretty well, but wasn't convinced because I bought several new products at the same time. I stopped using it for awhile & it was back to saturating 3 blot sheets 3 times a day. When I remembered to use this again, I was thrilled to realize what I'd been missing. I use 1 blot sheet twice a day & that's it. This stuff is amazing, worth the price. I actually repurchased today & will continue to do so.