Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray

4.2

INCI Name WATER SD ALCOHOL 39-C POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID ISONONYL ISONONANOATE ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE SODIUM COCAMIDOPROPYL PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP PHENOXYETHANOL CAPRYLYL GLYCOL Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide DIMETHICONE PEG-7 PHOSPHATE GLYCERETH-5 LACTATE GLUCONOLACTONE SODIUM BENZOATE PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSS POLYMER ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE FRAGRANCE

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

WOW!

I love this product. It really does "finish" my makeup and makes it stay on alll day. I actually noticed that I didn't even touch up during the day when usually I touch up about 2-3 times a day. The real test is using this with liquid foundation and believe me, this stayed on all day! I work really hard at my job so makeup doesn't last very long. But with this stuff it does! I'm happy to say that the end of the day, I don't look oily and my makeup is still fresh from when I started.

Awesome product.

on 3/6/2010 7:49:00 PM

I have tried 3 versions of Skindinavia - MU Finishing Spray, 10 Years Younger and Dance. Of the 3, I prefer Dance 1st, MU Finishing Spray 2nd and 10 Years Younger. I have done reviews of all 3.

MU Finishing Spray = 4 lippies = keeps my MMU locked in place all day w/out feeling like I've shellacked my skin - in fact, once its dry, I can't tell I'm wearing it. It's expensive, tho. My skin has had no problems w/ this (no breakouts, no sensitivity, doesn't aggravate my rosecea). I do have a bit of breakthru shine on my nose about 6 hours into this = a quick powder and its fine again. My t-zone is not very oily, so not sure why this is happening = 1 lippie off. Other than that - a great product IMO.

UPDATE 03/24/10 - I checked the listing of ingredients between some of these products. According to Dermstore's website, the ingredients for this one and the MMU Finish are identical (and in the same order).

on 12/11/2009 3:28:00 AM

This stuff is expensive, way too expensive but only because its so good, I couldn't imagine not using it! It works, is all that can be said.

on 10/29/2009 5:12:00 PM

Not a perfect product by any means, but the best I've found to this point. Like kayelle said, the Ben Nye one can give a shellacked effect. MAC's is great for setting with a softer, dewy look, but it doesn't hold up in the kind of heat I live in. This one does to an extent, keeping my makeup clean and flawless for at least half a day longer than it would otherwise. I'm still waiting for the spray that can overcome my oily skin and the Arizona heat, but until then, this is what I'm using.

on 9/12/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG! I've been using Skindinavia for quite a while, ever since they only had the original spray. I use it mostly to prevent fading and color loss when its cool and dry out. I'm not sure how, but it does. I started to take it for granted until I ran out because I had forgotten to order and noticed my makeup fading! I've got the 10 Years Younger and it works like a charm! My girlfriend's daughter swears by the Dance product when she goes out.

on 9/2/2009 10:21:00 PM

Really works!! Oily/combination skin makes makeup slide off of my face in a couple of hours. I used it the first few times and got zero results. Then I read the instructions and found that you had to mix the bottle. I did this and WOW, what a difference. I actually had to wash off my makeup at the end of the day. And it still looked good and you can't feel it on the skin. Love it. Lesson: follow the instructions......definitely an HG product for me!!!!

on 9/1/2009 11:13:00 PM

I bought this last summer before a beach trip. As humid as it is in the south, I'd planned to use this every day, beach or not. I used it daily and didn't notice much of a difference. (My Teint Idole has a pretty good staying power.) After I came back, my face broke out in horrible, deep cystic pimples on my nose and chin. At one time I had 5 on my nose! I've never had those on my nose. I might get one once or twice a year on my chin at the most, so this was a HUGE change. The only change to my routine was the Skindinavia Finishing Spray. I stopped using it, but it took months for my skin go back to normal.

on 8/26/2009 2:56:00 PM

Love it! I read about it in some fashion magazine and decided I needed to try it out. I work long hours - up at 5:30 and home around 6:30 - so I need a make up that will last. Having oily skin makes this difficult and blotting papers don't always work for me - they seem to remove my makeup along with the oil. I keep cleansing cloths in my desk drawer and when I can I clean my face in the afternoon and reappy my foundation and blush. So, I was intrigued by the science behind this product - it lowers the temperature of your makeup to essentially freeze it in place. Well, it really works. The first time I used it I was so surprised when I looked at my face around 3:00 and it looked almost as fresh as it did at 6:00 when I put on my makeup. I'm confident, too, that the finishing spray is responsible since I can always tell when I've forgotten to spray - by 2:00, my face starts feeling oily and dirty. In addition, the spray has virtually no scent and hasn't caused any problems with my sensitive skin. Will definitely repurchase.

on 8/24/2009 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this, and bought it while they had their BOGO offer, along with a few of the other mists they have in their product line.

This is the original one - I find this to be a lot better than MACs Fix+, and this is what I wanted Fix+ to be! It sets the makeup and makes it dewy, gets rid of any powdery look there might be on the skin. I find that my foundation lasts a few more hours than when I don't use this, so I think it's worth it :)

Feels very fresh when you spray it on your face after applying foundation too :D

on 7/28/2009 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

WOW. This stuff really works, and it's hard to explain how. It just does! It's in a plain spray bottle that makes it look like a cheap drugstore brand hair spray. But don't let its mediocre packaging fool you. You spray it on your face 1-4 times, and your makeup is set until you wash it off. I sprayed Skindinavia Makup Finishing spray 3 times all over my face in the day time (it was a hot day, in the 90's), went clubbing that night and fell asleep with my makeup on-I know it gross, but I was too exhausted and drunk=X. Anyway my main point is that the next morning, I woke up looking like I had just done my makeup. HG product for sure. Need I say more?