October 2, 2014 | 1561 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by mellimello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I saw these I thought they would just be a prettier version of the TLCs and wow was I wrong. These are 10x better in about every way. I'm very picky about how lip things smell and this has to be one of the best scents I've ever smelled for a gloss. It's fruity but not overpowering and there's absolutely no nasty sunscreen taste like in the TLCs. The colors are sheer with just a touch of color so they're perfect for everyday wear, especially in the summer. My only complaint is that they're LE! :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by neekolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i saw this online and had to check it out myself in the stores! i was looking at tender baby and take a hint and bought tender baby. i'm a lip gloss junkie...i really am...and the last thing i needed was something for my lips but i ssooo needed this!!! and yet, it had to be something pink because everything i have is a shade of pink! anyway, i dont regret buying this because it is adorable! it's a little heavy and expensive but hey, it is mac! i recently purchased cargo lip gloss in san fran and i love that too, but i never carry it in my ourse because im scared it might fall open and get everywhere! it looks like i'll be carrying this in my purse! i will look into investing another color. perhaps take a hint. i did try it out on my hand but it looked too sheer and glittery and the girl at mac reccomended tender baby for me. i regret not trying take a hint on me though because it has such good reviews here!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by LiL_KaY

I love this product! I went to Macys early morning to exchange something and to pick up a lipgelee and ended up buying a tendertone in take a hint which is a sheer glittery pink. I wore it to work and I absolutely loved the texture and smell. I knew it was a limited edition so I wanted to get another one. I went back to the store that same day and picked it up in Pucker which is a sheer raspberry shade that is very flattering. Good thing I went because there were only 2 left! Pucker is a bit more pigmented than Take a Hint. Both are awesome! I'm so tempted to go back and pick up more...

I use Take a Hint over my Real Doll l/s and it creates a pretty shimmer and dimension on my lips. I cant stop staring at myself in the mirror~

I use Pucker over lipliner in a neutral pinkish beige color and is absolutely beautiful. It is the perfect summer lipcolor and has spf which is a plus.

I use them with a lipbrush because that way I can pick up more. Plus you avoid germs and all the icky stuff. The packaging is a small glass jar which can get annoying since I prefer tubes. But I'm getting used to it! I really hope they make them permanent!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by DarthMO

I have been using MAC's lip conditioner. I bought Hush Hush and it leaves my lips with a nice nude glossy look plus keeps them moisturised. Although the packaging is good and sturdy, I find the glass container a wee bit heavy in my cosmetic pouch.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 2:28:00 AM More reviews by mezzamy

First Slimshines, now Tendertones - yes MAC has come out with another winning lip product

Packaging: MAC Tendertones comes in a heavy glass jar, same style as the Fluidline jars but much bigger and flatter. For those of you who do not know the jar - it is heavy clear glass with MAC printed in black on the outside and a matte black plastic screw top lid. Whilst the package is made of glass, it is very sturdy and i imagine it would require a very forceful drop in order to be broken. The jar is packaged in a white MAC box with 'MAC' embossed all over the surface. The white box has a surprising but beautiful pink/red iridescence, which i believe is similar/the same as the current Moonthbathe packaging

The Product: The shade I have is 'Pucker' and it, along with 'Deep Sigh' is regarded as one of the most pigmented in the Tendertone line.

MAC describes 'Pucker' as a 'sheer raspberry pink' and i would certainly agree with this. In the jar, 'Pucker' is a gorgeous raspberry pink with tiny, hardly noticeable blue and red pearl which is not noticeable on the lips.

Upon opening the Tendertone, you get a gorgeous sweet whiff of raspberry lollies and no detectable hint of kiwi. Upon application, you can kind of smell the kiwi. These dont really have a taste and unlike the Tinted Lip Conditioners, these fortunately have no SPF taste/scent at all.

The product is like a firm, solid gel in the jar. When i swiped my finger across its surface, it did not create a dint in the product, but just left a light coating of gloss and colour on my fingertip. On the lips, the Tendertone is slick like the Lipgelees, but thicker and balmier. These are not creamy like the TLCs.

'Pucker' tints my lips a soft raspberry pink shade, with a light gloss finish. These arent as shiny as the Lipglasses, probably more along the lines of Lipgelees, but they definitely give a gorgeous sheen. The intensity of 'Pucker' can easily be built up to a more intense raspberry shade.

Whilst I dont find the Tendertones to be particularly hydrating, they certainly arent drying like I found the TLCs to be. Due to their slick gel texture, these are fabulous for 'locking in' the moisture from a lip balm applied before the Tendertone.

The staying power of these is pretty damn good - far superior to Lipgelees and TLCs, but perhaps not as long as Lipglasses, but that is understandable as these are not a sticky gloss. Fortunately, the product does not leave any white gunk around the lip line like some products do.

Recommendation: I highly recommend these Tendertones to everybody. They are a fabulous gel lip gloss which is different a number of other glosses on the market due to its wonderful texture. I have heard that the lighter shades in the Tendertones are not as pigmented and thus look very similar on the lips, so I would recommend a shade such as 'Pucker' to everyone as it is a very flattering shade on all skin types and its colour intensity can be built up. Yes it's $14.50 USD for a pot but the pot is surprisingly big, sturdy, and should last you quite a long time.

19 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have these in Pucker and Warm Smile and while I looooooooved them for the first week of use, after a while I began to get cyst like pimples at the corners and around my mouth! Something in this is giving me icky lip line breakouts. Wouldn't be the first time though, Lipglass does the same thing, as well as Stila Lipsticks and Laura Mercier Lip Balm! Yuck!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by demoninthedark

LOVE the new MAC Tendertone lip treatments!! Delicious lightweight glossy lipbalm with just enough tint. I find myself using this everyday- I want ALL the colors!! Beautiful pigment- definitely a favorite of mine..dare I say HG liptint?? Highly highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by phospholipid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love 3x these Tendertones!! I got one so far but have been applying it constantly. It's really non-sticky, glossy, adds hint of color, tastes good, and it has SPF as well. Moreover, it feels so good on my lips unlike some glosses out there. I'm definitely buying more, hope MAC will keep these as part of permanent line. My only gripe is the packaging: I wish it's not so heavy and in tubes instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by nicole88s

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These Tendertones are amazing! A super smooth, super moisturizing balm with a slight tint. This stuff smells fantastic. It has a creamy, sweet watermelon scent that is not overpowering at all. It feels so good on the lips-not sticky at all, yet lasts a long time and leaves lips super soft. It is packaged in a glass jar with a black lid very similar to the fluidlines, except bigger. Retails for $14.50. It includes SPF 12.

I got Warm Smile, which is a pinky brown nude. I have very pigmented red lips and this makes them slightly darker (like one shade) and very shiny. I had high hopes that Warm Smile would lighten my lips a shade or 2. If that had happened I would have bought 20!! I am still please with the product. It is a great, almost clear, balm with SPF.

Fantastic product! I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by miss_bayje

No complaints at all about this product.. it's the best lip conditioner that mac has to offer.. it's slick, moisturizing to your lips and it smells oh so yummy .. now who can beat that! I first purchased warm smile which looks exactly like my lips with a slight tint to it.. then i ordered pucker and both are awesome. I really hope they don't actually discontinue this product b/c i would be :-( I love it