L'Oreal Telescopic Clean Definition [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 5/28/2010 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this mascara. I have had it for a month now, and mine is in the blackest black shade. The mascara sticks to its name--clean definition. It lengthens my lashes very well, and they are already long. So when they are curled, it just looks so natural and pretty. However, the only downside for me is that it does not add the volume I crave in mascaras. I will keep using it though, especially on those days where I want a laid-back natural look.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

i really like this mascara. it gives excellent length, definition and enough volume.
good drugstore product :)

Great mascara so far-sticks to its claims in that it is long wearing, nonclumpy, etc., however, as af few other MUA reviewers mentioned, the application is quite finicky- I had this same problem with the lashes clumping togther. I used an eyelash comb on my lashes before applying and that made the application easier; I just wish the brush more sturdy though;otherwise, great d/s mascara... Will probably repurchase.

on 5/15/2010 5:28:00 AM

Works very well for me, I have it in "black". No clumping and no smudging. And easy to remove. Have to use some time when applying it to get the best results.

on 4/29/2010 1:50:00 PM

truly clean finish. it adds length to my lashes, not curl. my eyelashes are naturally curled and medium length. it's perfect for work days when i used to be a medical student at a hospital. it helped my weary eyes look brighter but not too much. i liked it because it's safe choice for me remembering that the other employees envy ANY girl using make-up. dunno why. LOL! but when u want anything extreme (thick or curled lashes) i don't think it's the right product. won't repurchase because i'm a volume and curly lashes lover (especially since i've already graduated,yayy!!)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This mascara noticeably lengthens my eyelashes (both top and bottom lashes). It works very well when I first use an eyelash curler. However, I do not get very much volume from this mascara. It does not make my lashes look thicker; it only makes them look longer!!

Here is a technique I tried: I first used a volumizing mascara (a Clinique one-- can't remember which one exactly), and then I applied L'oreal Telescopic over that. I find that this technique gave me VERY dramatic eyelashes!! I use this technique when I go out for a special occasion or to a party.

I would not repurchase this mascara because I always like to try new mascaras until I find the perfect one! However, if you are searching for a mascara that just adds length, this is a good mascara & you should try it out!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm actually impressed with this one! I've used the original Telescopic, and had issues with it due to the brush. This brush is MUCH better than the original, and the formula is great too! Defines well, adds some volume, and no flakes or smudges. A nice addition to my makeup bag and will repurchase! You can swipe once and look natural or build it up with multiple coats for separated volume. No irritation with this either, this is a keeper!

on 4/27/2010 6:59:00 PM

I loved the look of the packaging of this product, the simple, clean silver tube is great very attractive.
The formula wears well throughout the day. It does not smudge at the end of the day. Also, it cleans off very well with mild detergent without having to tug at the eyelashes.
The formula is a bit clumpy with the brush. With one swipe through it leaves a little bit of clumps and lashes stuck together. A few more swipes of the lashes and there lashes are more defined. It is not heavy on the lashes and provides great length for them.
Maybe it is the brush, but the application is not fantastic. There is a little too much clumping and sticking together of the lashes. I might buy it again because it was great for length, but it is a sticks the lashes together a bit too much for me.

on 4/24/2010 6:13:00 PM

At first, I hated this mascara. It made my lashes stick together into triangles and it shedded little bits of dried mascara everywhere. But then I tried it with a different brush - CoverGirl LashExact - and it was absolutely perfect.

I like long, separated, clump-free lashes, and LashExact was good on the last two but not on the first. Telescopic Clean Definition was good on the first but not on the last two. So I tried the LashExact brush in the tube of Telescopic, and it was fantastic. Incredibly long and curly, perfectly clean and defined, separated and clump-free, no shedding any more. Buy this one just for the formula, and LashExact just for the brush!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been blessed with a lot of lashes, which is normally great...but since there are so many, they tend to clump up! And although they are plentiful, they are rather short.

This mascara seems to EITHER lengthen my lashes, OR separate them. I can't seem to be able to do both well. If I put too many coats on, I get lots of length, but they all stick together. If I put it on more thinly, they're beautifully defined, but they're not much longer than they started. Hmmm...

Also, doesn't hold a curl well and smudges under my eyes.

Popular Mascaras