August 22, 2014 | 1930 users online

Loose Powders - Kryolan - Anti Shine Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by yasmineswe

This powder is amazing. I have combination skin with oily t-zones and this powder does an excellent job controlling excess oil. It is a white, chalky powder and comes in a jar with a pretty useless white puff - the amount of powder is quite generous considering the price ($10-20, depending on where it is bought). Some people use this powder both before applying make up (as a base) and after (kind of like a setting powder). I use it both before applying concealer, bronzer and blush (I do not use foundation) and then apply a thin layer on top of that - and this powder works wonders. I get an even and smooth base to work with (who needs primer?!) and my make up applies lika a dream - and then a translucent, shine-free finish that seems to last forever!

The key is to apply carefully and blend well to get rid of the white cast/any excess powder...Make sure to moisturize and exfoliate skin well before applying this powder for the best possible result, because it does have a dry and chalky consistency that can be quite difficult to work with!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by pearlofthesea1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome. I just got it today. I dusted it lightly after my makeup has been on for 6 hours. I cooked dinner and cleaned the house. My makeup usually sweats off when I do the bathroom due to all the moisture. This stuff kept me nice and matte. I had no dry patches like some others have noted.

I hope this continues to keep me dazzled. If any changes I will update.
$15 on ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by carlingus

this genuinely DOES freaking work....makes me wonder why the hell all 'oil control' powders don't simply control oil like this does....doesn't seem atrociously heavy either and i can get away with it being used all over including dryer cheek areas/corners of the mouth as a final tough finishing powder so long as I use my moisturizer... so I'm left waiting for the pitfalls to show up -hopefully no breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by babygirl3171980

I love, Love, Love this stuff! my T-Zone is so oily, nothing, I mean Nothing worked for my face. Until I came upon this! I can be used as a primer for your foundation, which I did, and it is amazing. My face stay oil free, all day long. I paid twenty dollars for a huge 30 gram jar, and it is going to last me, just short of forever. Seriously, you don't need a lot of this product on application. With this stuff a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by xenon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW! This stuff is truly awesome. I have a very oily t-zone and my face gets very shiny throughout the day. Before using the anti-shine powder, I would have to blot my face several times a day but this product leaves my skin looking shine-free all day long!

The packaging is pretty messy but there is a whole ton of product and you only need very little of it so I'm happy that it looks as though it's going to last me a very long time.

awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by pizdamomma

I've tried tons and tons of oil controlling powders, gels, primers, you name it. My entire face would get oily (not only in the t-zone) within an hour of applying my makeup. This stuff can keep my face matte for over 12 hours! It doesn't dry out my skin either or make it flaky. This is HG for me cause before using this, I had given up on foundation or any other face makeup. Everything would just slide off my face no matter what products I use. I seriously think I'm one of the worst cases of oily skin.
I'll admit, the first couple of times I used it, it wasn't working for me. I'd put some on my brush, and lightly buff it in after my foundation. BUT what I do now is... I spray some fix+ on a stippling brush or a flat-top mineral brush, then I lightly stipple/dab/press it into my skin and buff it very lightly.
If you are like me, with super oily skin and this product hasn't worked for you, try it with the fix+

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 More reviews by PaperAlias

I have oily/acne-prone skin. I've been using N.Y.C. translucent pressed powder to keep oil slicks under control, but lately I've been trying to find something that will last longer. I read some promising reviews about Kryolan's anti-shine loose powder, so I bought a tub on eBay for around $8.00. Not bad for a powder that usually sells for $15-$20! Anyway, I received it in the mail yesterday and decided to give it a test run this morning before work. First off, it's a pretty big jar. You get 30g of product, and it is A LOT. I imagine this jar would be enough for me for at least several months, if not at least a year. It comes with a powder puff that sits on top of a sifter. Personally, I don't like the puff. The powder is very white, and if you use the puff, it tends to get cakey -- go with a nice big brush instead to keep things even. I applied my concealer and blush first (I don't wear foundation), and then applied the Kryolan powder. I wouldn't recommend this powder to people with particularly dry skin, because it makes flakiness much more obvious. But if you're a greaseball like me, this is perfect. It goes on smooth with a brush, and it left my face matte all day! I didn't have to retouch or blot at work at all. But I must say, this is my first day using this powder, so I will post some updates in days to come. But right now, things are looking good. I'm in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by estx1987

OMG!!!!!! So I have FINALLY found a conquerer for greasy/oily skin!!! I use this EVERYDAY and I simply don't know how I went on being such a shine-ball without it!! I might not use it how you guys would use it but this is what I do each morning:

1) Rinse face with warm water
2) Phisoderm Clarifying Gel Moisturizer
3) Enchanted Eye Cream

Then I wait for this to sink in- I do not use a primer on a regular basis cause I feel like my makeup actually looks terrible when I use a primer (is that even possible?! Lol :D).

After it sinks in I take a large Kabuki and dip it into a mound of this powder and dust it all over my face. Then I use my foundation/blush/etc. Then I put a bit of it on the tips of my fingers and smooth it all over. I stay shine free for EVER!! It's truly an amazing problem.. and I'd seriously invest in it if you have greasy/oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is simply the best oil control powder I've ever come to.. I tried several foundations, primers and powders, and none have ever worked as well as this does! I have tried almost all my foundations under this powder, and they all stayed put throughout the whole day - amazing! :D

But - and there's always a but - it is really powdery looking, and like other reviewers mentioned, it clings to the dry spots on your face.. My trick is to use a few sprays of Fix+ on top of it, and it really helps moistening the dry spots and giving your face an extra glow :D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by TwoPointers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am one greasy grease spot, especially in summer. I have been jonesing to try this powder for awhile and finally purchased some off of Ebay. Tried it today for the first time. (85 degrees with about 65% humidity - so not a terribly hot day but definitely summer time!)

I came into my gainful employment from my non-gainful employment (working with horses) and so had to put a quick "business" face on. I did a quick wash of my face in the restroom before applying any of my makeup, but not a true "deep clean." I applied the Kryolan powder first to hopefully take off that shiny shine before applying the rest of my face. I am happy to say that the Kryolan powder worked great. NO oil breakthrough at all even 8 hours later, and again, this was on a face that had been outside working for several hours before application.

I will agree with the other reviewers though, that if you have ANY dry or flaky spots, it's going to bring those out. However, if you are really oily all over, this stuff is going to matte you out just fine.

I only uncovered the "sifter" inside the container by 1/2 to prevent the big POOF of powder that usually comes with these types of containers and used a big kabuki brush and not the included puff. I don't feel the very light color of the powder made any impact and felt it blended in well.

But again, I will stress, I really think this powder is going to work best if you are super oily as a rule, not if you just sometimes have to touch up your T-zone.