E.L.F. Eyeliner Brush

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/18/2009 3:28:00 PM

The price was a steal and I thought it'd be a cheap alternative to the MAC 212 brush so I could learn how to use a flat brush to line my eyes which might be faster than my current choice.

Totally didn't work for me!! Not sure if it's because I'm too accustomed to my sable/pointed-tipped eyeliner brush, but this did not deliver the results I desired at all. Maybe it might suit those who prefer a thicker line or if they have a more skilled hand.

The bristles were too stiff for my liking and the width didn't allow me to create the nice, even, and thin line that I like. I also noticed that it didn't seem to pick up my gel liner very evenly, which made things extra messy trying to distribute the product better and eventually trying to get it on my eyes properly. I also tried to shape the tip so it'd become flatter and thinner, but the hard bristles just didn't cooperate.

Ughh! Totally frustrating. I even tried to use it as a flat eyeshadow brush, but I trashed that idea very quickly because it couldn't pink up eyeshadow very well either.

Ended up tossing the brush away... Eventhough it was cheap, it's still a shame I couldn't find a use for it!

on 12/8/2008 7:31:00 PM

blahh, super stiff, can't even draw a proper line

I don't think this an effective eyeliner brush at all. It's too thick and I wish it had an angle.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a nice soft brush, the only thing that could be improved is how thick it is. I would like it a bit thinner.

on 6/2/2008 9:14:00 PM

This is an okay brush. It's a bit on the thick side for me. I like my eyeliner brushes to be thin. Overall this brush is pretty good though. I use it to line under my bttom lashes with an eyeshadow and it works pretty well. I will probably not be repurchasing this eyeliner though because I like thinner brushes..

on 5/27/2008 5:34:00 PM

works well for tight lining. but most of the time i prefer an angled brush for lining.

on 4/25/2008 12:06:00 PM

Its stiff but can get the job done. I would have liked it if they made it more narrow for more precision and control. I use it only to tight line my eyes. Buy it if you're desperate, but there are much better brushes out there for only a dollar or two more.

on 4/5/2008 2:40:00 PM

This brush is great for applying eyeliner. I mainly use it for applying eye liner using eye shadow, or using liquid liner on the upper lid.
It's sturdy yet soft, and makes a perfectly buildable thin line.
I would definitely reccomend it...ecspecially for the price!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought 5 of these brushes because I was trying to reach a free ship price limit also I had heard nice things about it and thought, "why not?"

It's a little meh. The bristles are a bit more fanned out then I would like, they're not as straight as the picture implies. Also it's a bit thicker then I thought. I used it with a cream liner and I think it works alright, but I prefer my NYX lipliner as I like a thinner line and as I said this one is a bit thick.

SO overall I give it a neutral rating, not the worse brush for my purposes but I will keep looking for something else.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like this brush. I use it to tightline my eyeliner. Goes a great job and sooooo cheap too. Buy again? Yes!