Clinique Different Lipstick - Angel Red

4.2

castor seed oil - candelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /-mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 2/26/2004 10:18:00 PM

Had no idea this was so popular. Now I know why! Was stuck last summer choosing a lipstick for my wedding day. I tried on so many. Angel Red was it, a classic soft red with pink tones. A clear lippencil works great to define this unique red. Dab/stain/layering lasted beyond expectations; I only touched up 2x in 8 hours.

on 2/25/2004 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is great, but the shade is too bright for me. On me, it was a muted true red. I have fair asian skin with pale lips, so this was too garish on me. I gave it to my mother, who was an olive complexion and can carry off dark, heavy colors.

on 1/6/2004 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a soft, sheer red that can be built up in intensity. A good choice if you have fair skin and you're scared of red l/s. This used to be my HG until I branched out into deeper reds - this has started to look too light and ever-slightly-so-pink to my eye. I now prefer reds where I don't have to build up to a true red intensity.

on 12/21/2003 10:25:00 AM

This is my HG red lipstick. I have yet to find a red as flattering. Almost a little sheer but great blue-red color. I love it!

on 12/20/2003 2:21:00 PM

The absolutely most perfect shade of red that I've ever had. I'm a very fair complected blonde, so finding a good red is really hard. This, for me, is my Holy Grail of red lipsticks. Clinique, don't EVER stop making this shade!

on 12/20/2003 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this on my quest for the perfect lipstick for my PPP skin tone...and I've found it! This lipstick doesn't cake up on me, wears for at least a few hours, and best of all - the color doesn't have any blue or orange tones to it. Yet, it's not as harsh as other true red lipsticks. I'd highly recommend this to anyone searching for a good wear-anytime red.

on 11/22/2003 5:29:00 PM

I got this as part of a GWP (I would never actually pay for red lipstick, I am too fair and it always looks garish on me), but surprisingly, this shade is not too dramatic or harsh. It is not too orange or too purple, like alot of reds. I think it would work well on skin with pink undertones. It is a great shade for night or special occassions.

on 11/9/2003 1:01:00 AM

The best shade of red ever. I even wear it during the day. It is a soft, neutral red that would flatter just about anyone. Angel Red has become a staple in my makeup box. I absolutely love it!

on 11/5/2003 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For me this lipstick color is red lipstick perfection. The color is perfect - no obvious undertones - just a gorgeous clear red that I adore. I have no problems with this lipstick whatsoever.

on 10/30/2003 11:17:00 AM

i love this color, which makes the disappointment all the worse. the formula is flaky and dry. it even flakes when i apply a primer like perfect illusion. bummer!

Popular Lipsticks