August 1, 2014 | 1690 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Different Lipstick - Angel Red

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2003 2:21:00 PM More reviews by mmlaser

The absolutely most perfect shade of red that I've ever had. I'm a very fair complected blonde, so finding a good red is really hard. This, for me, is my Holy Grail of red lipsticks. Clinique, don't EVER stop making this shade!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2003 1:26:00 PM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on my quest for the perfect lipstick for my PPP skin tone...and I've found it! This lipstick doesn't cake up on me, wears for at least a few hours, and best of all - the color doesn't have any blue or orange tones to it. Yet, it's not as harsh as other true red lipsticks. I'd highly recommend this to anyone searching for a good wear-anytime red.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2003 5:29:00 PM More reviews by theporpoise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as part of a GWP (I would never actually pay for red lipstick, I am too fair and it always looks garish on me), but surprisingly, this shade is not too dramatic or harsh. It is not too orange or too purple, like alot of reds. I think it would work well on skin with pink undertones. It is a great shade for night or special occassions.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2003 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Laru79

The best shade of red ever. I even wear it during the day. It is a soft, neutral red that would flatter just about anyone. Angel Red has become a staple in my makeup box. I absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2003 9:17:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

For me this lipstick color is red lipstick perfection. The color is perfect - no obvious undertones - just a gorgeous clear red that I adore. I have no problems with this lipstick whatsoever.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2003 11:17:00 AM More reviews by karlaznyc

i love this color, which makes the disappointment all the worse. the formula is flaky and dry. it even flakes when i apply a primer like perfect illusion. bummer!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2003 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jujub

I'm disappointed by this...was expecting far more of a true red color...this is a sheer, slightly warm burgundy tomato mix on me . Pretty color that looks odd on my ultra pale complexion. The formula is light and comfortable which is nice, but also gives this lipstick slip, which means that while this color is sheer, it is still dark enough to look sloppy. I love the heavy silver tube, but it's going back.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2003 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's all been said but here I go. Bought this based on these raves and it's true--this is a perfect red. I echo the "sophisticated...classy...subtle" comments and I also think this is more on the cool side, especially with only 1 layer--but not fuschia, hooray! I am not crazy about the Different l/s formula though, so minus 1. Over balm it feels much better, but on bare lips it's oddly waxy and dry, doesn't cling too well like a cream formula would. Staying power not the best, but I think with some clear l/l, blotting, layering etc, this will be perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2003 2:08:00 PM More reviews by orodwen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, I'll bite. I've been recommending this colour for months now and I should say that it's probably one of the most universal reds I've seen. It's sheer & with 1 coat it won't last long but w/ a liner or layered & dabbed it's great. if you're wanting a stain it'll do that too. The colour is fairly neutral, some think it's more at the blue end but it has both brown and blue in it. Except for the rare instances (sorry Mudskipper!) of it turning fuchsia this is a wonderful, every day colour that won't scream at people but yet can be worked with, intensified & worn for evening outings. Stop by a Clinique counter & see how it works for you or get it in a swap. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2003 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Mudskipper

My quest for the perfect red continues. Based on the raves here, I tried this at the counter and it _immediately_ went fuscia on me. If you have trouble with reds turning berry pink, you should save your money and keep looking.