August 22, 2014 | 1811 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2007 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ILoveStila80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I also have the same comments about this product as some of the other reviewers. While the product is very gentle and doesn't irritate my eyes that might be the only positive thing I have to say about it. The pads are pretty dry so I need to use two of them to remove my shadow, mascara and liner, and since there are only 30 pads in a jar that means I run out of the product pretty fast and in some stores the jar is $6 or $7 dollars. I also experience raccoon eyes and I feel like my mascara and liner are all over the place and I need to wash my face afterwards, which I don't always have to do with other makeup removers. I think I need to go back to a liquid remover that I use with a cotton square.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I had the same experience as Holly13...while these wipes didn't irritate my sensitive eyes, they did not remove my eye makeup very well. One should not have to use elbow grease to remove their eyeliner and non water proof mascara! Another product in the trash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like the extra gentle formula, the pads are nice and large, and the package is sturdy. I agree that the pads are a little too dry. I thought I got an old batch or something, but that's how they come. It IS very gentle, which I love, but the trade off for that is that it doesn't work 100% on waterproof, dark eyeliners and mascaras. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked that the pad were big and plush. It seemed a little dry but it worked well to remove my eye make up without irritating and leaving any residue. I use to use Almay's Eye Make Up remover pads but these are much better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 2:26:00 AM More reviews by drmngangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Theres the good and the bad to this product, but overall its bad for its intended use. It removes eye shadow well but does nil to remove eyeliner and mascara. I'm always left with raccoon eyes when it should be wiped clean off. The packaging does is worth mentioning because it keeps the pads very moist for a very long period of time; longer than most other remover pads. The pads themselves aren't as gentle as I wish; because of its low remover strength you tend to need to do a little rubbing (bad bad bad for gentle eye area). I wouldn't repurchase, its just a waste because it doesn't do the best clean up job. I prefer to use the Neutrogena oil-free makeup remover (bottled remover); its the best drugstore brand out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2007 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Holly13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Disappointed in this - the pads were very dry and I had to really rub to get eye makeup off. Just too dry to remove anything - true, you don't want pads to be drowning in remover, but this was ridiculous. I tried using them with additional makeup remover just to use them up, that didn't really work either. I actually wound up throwing them away and I rarely just throw things out...waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by ShoppingMommy

I am so excited that Neutrogena came out with these. I have been trying to find something to replace my Pond's Bare & Repair that was discontinued and in my search tried several high and low end brands. Nothing worked as well as Pond's without burning the area around my eyes. Until I found these. They are not soaked, so they do not irritate my eyes. The smell is refreshing and they get all of my makeup off. Will continue buying and using these as long as they make them.

I also love the convenience of not having to put it on the little cotton pad myself. Saves time and money. WTG Neutrogena! continued >>