July 30, 2014 | 1855 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Minerals

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by geegee87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oooh,I really hoped that this is the perfect thing for me,in it's price range...It gives a beautiful finish,skin looks flawless,like a satin... keeped me matte for about 4 hours in this hot days... and I just loved it... UNTIL it made me break out like mad...on places where I never had any pimples!! and it won't stop... when I stop using it-everything goes away.And so on..I just don't know how can a mineral powder do such a thing,when it's known for it's positive aspects when it comes to acne prone skin... STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE ACNE PRONE, it will make a mess on your face, most probably.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Not really buying this product again. It didn't give me enough coverage and it didn't last as long as I hoped so I had to bring the product along with me to retouch--problem is, it was so difficult to use the built it brush (that was so coarse and really scratched my skin) with the product because you had to take the cap off, sift the powder, take the attached brush, and apply your makeup juggling the bulky cap and container in one hand. The product isn't as good either for a mineral foundation. Regular foundations actually work way better, so wouldn't really be repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Tsmith88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for a long time now, and I've only started to wonder now if it's contributing to my adult acne problem and irritating flakiness. I have no other foundation at the moment, and just ordered some from Faerie Organic. Can't wait to throw this stuff in the trash. It has some seriously skin-irritating, pore-clogging ingredients in it which I've only RECENTLY realized. I'm confident my acne is hormonal, but this stuff can't be helping. Plus, like others have said.. THE ITCHING. Ugh. It's the Bismuth in it. Try to find Bismuth free makeup, I can't wait until I get mine! I know I should stop using it immediately, but my skin has just gotten terrible and it's hard to leave the house with nothing on! STAY WAY IF YOU ARE ACNE PRONE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

This is my 2nd favourite from minerals.The ones I have tried inc.the best:Loreal bare,BM(worst),EDM all formulas,Essentia Naturale,Revlon colourstay,Maybelline.Lily Lolo,MSCHIC baked mineral,Lumene mineral powder f.,J.Iredale pure pressed base,Diorskin loose,Mac mineralize skinfinish,dont know does Clinique almost powder f.counts).
W=warm undertones,C=cool,N=neutral.
The inc.brush I only use to my nose;cause its good size for that.You can easily put too much&get a mask.It covers well enough for me;some redness,uneven skintone.When applied probely,I got flawless skin compliments.And it lasts pretty much all day,which is important to me.I have N3,a shade too dark,put I use it in summer,so..The shades are always sold out here,except W,might try that.And its quite expensive here,about 20euros.I have bought second allready.And my favourite is Not Loreal bare,they are in random order.Update.used after a while and my face started itching:(.
Strange..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by markysa

Maybe I haven't tried that many mineral foundations to declare this as superb but this gives me great coverage, as I have PLENTY of acne marks all over my cheeks and I don't need to sweep it onto my skin multiple times. I'm quite surprised this got somewhat bad reviews. My face is very acne-prone, and this doesn't break me out. I switched to Everyday Minerals for a while (I got a sample) and that one was a major no-no. Awful coverage, needed millions of applications, and my face began to purge with small nasty bumps. But I think L'Oreal has replaced this with the Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Powder though, which doesn't contain talc, has higher SPF so I'm thinking of trying that one as soon as I run out of my True Match powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by lisafaustina

Below are the reasons why I would not buy this product again:
1. It makes my face look flaky. I have combination skin, and this makes even my T-zone flaky.
2. It kind of accentuates my acne. When I use my Clinique liquid foundation it does a nice job of covering it and making my face look even. However this foundation kinda made it look more visible somehow like a lot of powder foundation does to my skin..
3. The brush - it's horrible and irritates my skin. The bristles are too coarse. It doesn't allow the powder to be evenly applied onto the skin.
4. The limited shades - I have pale skin with pink undertones and there is not a single shade that is suitable for my skintone. Also the shades are all too dark and orange, and I'm not even that pale...
5. The price - it's too expensive
6. It says it's a mineral foundation, but we all know that it doesn't mean there isn't a single harmful chemical...

I think this foundation would be great for people who do not have acne-prone or sensitive skin, and generally more for people who have dark skin. On the brightside it does have a very creamy texture for a powder foundation and gives pretty good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mineral powder. The coverage is very natural - it let's my freckles show through while evening out my skin tone really well.

Application is a bit difficult when the product's new as it's quite hard to stop the brush picking up too much product. As you use more, the less that is a problem. I generally apply it with a Body Shop circular foundation brush instead and it goes on like a dream. You need to work it in circular motions and I find it really stays on well.

I have skin that can breakout from using liquid foundations so this really works well for me when I need to give my skin a couple of days rest from liquid foundation in the winter. Perfect for weekends when I don't need full makeup for work. In the summer, I use it everyday. It does a pretty good job of keeping my oily T-zone in check. Using a primer can help with and areas where it might sink into fine lines. I tend to use a primer just under the eyes and on any dry patches on my cheeks.

The colour choice is great for my yellow toned skin.

Overall, it's a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by KaziaV

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although not all the ingredients are natural, this gives the best coverage and loveliest healthy looking finish of all the mineral make ups I’ve tried (including Inika, The Body Shop, Lily Lolo, Revlon).
It must be applied correctly though, otherwise it will cake. I find it best to let my moisturiser soak in well first. Then I apply a very light dusting of L’oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder as a base before applying the Mineral Foundation. I find that this prevents any caking. Then I use a good quality Kabuki to apply the mineral foundation all over my face. I then go over any problem areas/blemishes with a smaller kabuki or the one provided with the product.
This stays in place all day without touch ups and it never oxidizes. I don't usually need concealer with this either.
Good range of shades. I use C2.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by susy1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

best mineral makeup i have tried so far. light to medium coverage. doesnt look like your wearing any makeup but evens out skin tone. brush isnt horrible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I would have never purchased this myself, but it was included in a $10 deal our local Walgreens had going on and was purchased for me by my sweet mother. I pretty well knew that all of the products included in the bundle would be fails, but mother was so convinced of the deal, I went along.
First off: the whole True Match "technology" pitch is a crock. Even if it were possible (which it isn't), the point of foundation/concealer/powder is to even out (cover) imperfections-if this pseudo "technology" were able to match itself to your skintone, wouldn't it mimic those dark spots (and rough spots too, as it claims to precisely match texture)? Aside from that, my face is on the drier side (especially around the nose and cheeks). I *knew* this would be dry and cakey city-and it was. I typically apply little powder under my eyes to set my concealer and this looked horrible there, too. So bad in fact, that when I looked up in the rearview mirror at my complexion in broad daylight, I backed right up my driveway, went in, washed my face and started completely over. Big. Huge. Fail.