December 20, 2014 | 1815 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i took this mineral foundation in n4 and w4 to go with my neutral/olive skintone.i wanted a light mineral foundation that brings a nice finish and a nice glow. Well, that's what i get with this product!it covers without looking cakey,it shines a little,it brings a nice velvety finish! Verry dewy!last long,soft on the application.love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i recently ran out of my bareminerals foundation and didnt have anytime to drive
to sephora or ulta to buy another so i quickly stopped by cvs to grab loreals mineral foundation in buff beige. ive used this about 2 years ago n didnt really see a prob with it. i have oily sensitive acneprone skin and when i used it 2 years ago my acne was only moderate but never did it actually clear up. i switched to BE becuz i felt it was better quality and it never broke me out but had to switch back to loreal last month due to running out. im not sure what happened maybr because i was starting a new job n the stress plus hormonal changes due to being 3 months preggos but i startee breaking out reallllly badly within the last 3 weeks same time i was using the loreal mineral foundation. i didnt. prior to using loreal my skin had actually clearee up really nicely due to proactiv. ive since quit my pore clogging job (bather/groomer at petsmart) and has been using my proactiv religiously all the while still covering up my recent acne flare up with the loreal foundation but i saw my acne was still flaring if not getting worse!!! i didnt know what the reason was behind this but i figured it may be because of the loreal foundation because i hvnt had cystic acne in years ever since i started using proactiv and my BE foundation together. its been a few days since ive used da loreal foundation and i can safetly say my skin has started to recover frm the recent crazy breakout. im now quite decided maybe im now allergic to some ingredient in da loreal foundation causing dat crazy flare up. ive alrdy thrown it out cant return it because i cant find the receipt and as soon as my face smoothens out more im gonna head to my nearest sephora to buy the BE foundation again its my HG mineral foundation i shud never stray from it again i learned my lesson.

***update*** i'm now updating my review on this product. i really believe the crazy cystic acne flare up i had while using this product was a reaction to my hormonal changes i was experiencing due to my pregnancy. i read online that pregnancy flare ups are common especially with first time pregnancies. it just so happen to occur during the same time i was using this product again. my skin has recovered completely now. probably due to now being in my last month of pregnancy and my hormonal level has stabilized. *finally* but i'm still not sure about this product i dont want to risk it and have it do anything to my skin. im now actually mixing my stila tinted moisturizer with a little of neutragena's skin clearing oil free liquid foundation to even out my skin tone and that is working out fine for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by rtauschke2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Firstly I will say you need to be very patient with the application of this and work to blend it in consistently across all areas of your face. So you need lots of TIME to get a good result. My initial impression once on was that I actually really liked it. It gave good buildable coverage, my skin looked good - creamy with a nice glow. It feels light and breathable on the skin. However, I was slightly concerned that I looked a little "orange" and felt paranoid about the "oompaloompa factor" all day. My next gripe was that after a few hours it settled into my fine lines and made me look like an old crone by the end of the day. To be fair, I didn't apply primer nor use concealer. So I will experiment a few more times. But at the moment, I'm not liking it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ROFLsmacker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this foundation. It's pretty lightweight and looks very natural on me, despite the fact that it has a very good coverage. It hides my spots and small imperfections, but I do need to use concealer on my undereye circles and around the nose and mouth. It doesn't really have a smell. The packaging is very inconvenient, yes, but it could have looked a lot worse. Packaging wise, I think it looks very feminine. The color range in DK is very bad, there is only 6 shades or so to choose from. But I would buy again if I felt the need/want.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by agirlwithcakedupmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

L'Oreal face products continue to surprise me. Normally drugstore foundation isn't the best but this one is very nice! You can control the amount of coverage you want so if you want to have a natural daytime look just to go run errands this is great, if you want more coverage, just keep applying more! I also like this on top of my liquid foundation to set it and give me a stay-put nighttime look. This has not caused any breakouts and the color selection is pretty good! Only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because my oily skin does tend to go right through the powder after a few hours and the packaging is not travel-friendly. But all in all it's a great product and I highly recommend it.
**UPDATE**: After using this for a while my skin started to breakout. I think it's because the brush is attached and I can't really wash it. I attempted to clean it but the brush got mis-shapened and I kind of don't get the same results as before. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by melaaniepayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like it. it's nice. it lasts. don't really know what else to say. good drugstore mineral makeup. maybe i will buy again, maybe try something else. overall if your considering buying it, get it. it shouldn't disappoint :)
UPDATE: yeah..i don't like this doesnt do much for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by elleglam

I've been reading a lot of make up reviews especially for liquid foundations because im still on the search for a liquid foundation that would suit my acne prone and oily skin and would lasts even on a hot and humid weather. But when it comes to mineral powder i recommend this for girls with oily skin like me because its long lasting and does its job for control. Im still on the search for a concealer or liquid foundation to hide my acne scarrs and blemishes because this mineral powder alone doesn't fully cover my imperfections. Any suggestions will be much appreciated :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Catalyzt2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation!!! Liquid foundations have been making me break out a lot recently, so I thought I'd try this super- fine, mineral foundation instead. I was looking for buildable coverage and boy, I have found it! It's effortlessly natural as long as you get the right shade with the right undertones. I got mine in 464 natural beige and it's perfect! It's only a little bit chalky on my forehead but that's because I have bangs so I'm super pale up there. No one sees my forehead anyway so it doesn't matter. On the rest of my face where it matches, the finish is nice, very natural. My skin still shows through but the foundation is heavy enough to cover acne scarring and dark undereye circles on its own and large blemishes when used with a concealer brush. If you need really good coverage but don't want to use a concealer, try wetting a brush and putting a tiny bit of the powder on the area you need to cover. Works like a charm. Of course, this isn't going to work for all skin types or all levels of needed coverage. If you absolutely need full coverage, I'd suggest a liquid or cream because a powder, just by its nature, is just not cut out for full coverage. If you have very dry skin, I'd also suggest a cream, but you could also moisturize a little more before using this type of product. Anyway, sorry this was kind of long; I just need to get out there that this is an absolutely great foundation. I'd recommend to anybody, especially those with oily skin. This helps me avoid crazy breakouts which is an ultimate plus for me! Definite repurchase =]

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by geegee87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oooh,I really hoped that this is the perfect thing for me,in it's price range...It gives a beautiful finish,skin looks flawless,like a satin... keeped me matte for about 4 hours in this hot days... and I just loved it... UNTIL it made me break out like mad...on places where I never had any pimples!! and it won't stop... when I stop using it-everything goes away.And so on..I just don't know how can a mineral powder do such a thing,when it's known for it's positive aspects when it comes to acne prone skin... STAY AWAY IF YOU ARE ACNE PRONE, it will make a mess on your face, most probably.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Not really buying this product again. It didn't give me enough coverage and it didn't last as long as I hoped so I had to bring the product along with me to retouch--problem is, it was so difficult to use the built it brush (that was so coarse and really scratched my skin) with the product because you had to take the cap off, sift the powder, take the attached brush, and apply your makeup juggling the bulky cap and container in one hand. The product isn't as good either for a mineral foundation. Regular foundations actually work way better, so wouldn't really be repurchasing this.