July 29, 2014 | 1564 users online

Powder - Milani - Minerals Compact Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 12:02:00 PM More reviews by lisacd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i lucked out - the shade was a match - and the price is great. for a drugstore brand it is terrific. i even liked the compact packaging itself - with compartments for the buffer and mirror - although the tradeoff is that the compact is a little bit thicker than the really chic brands.

one of the things i dont like about some mineral foundations (not the milani) is that the coverage can be too light. the milani gave me heavier coverage which i unfortunately need.

anyway, i will add my 2 cents again about how my skin reacts to it after ive used it a while.

lisa

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 9:09:00 AM More reviews by met451

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, mainly because it was so cheap and is supposedly 'mineral' makeup. However, as is always the case with me, I couldn't find a color match (I am very pale without much of a yellow or pink tone to my skin, I have red blotches which means if I'm not careful I look like an oompa loompa or like I have a sun burn), despite the fact I grabbed the lightest shade. Aside from that, this is a respectable powder, but nothing special. It didn't do great on my oily skin (but then again nothing does), was decent at covering up my redness and had decent staying powder. Really, for me, the biggest pro to this is the price, so if it works for you that's great, just not a good match for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the two darkest of the five colors available at my CVS... One was too light and the other too dark and orange. I can't believe they would only release five colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I bought this based from the reviews on MUA; I am a sucker for powder foundation. I paid $4 on e-bay, I am NC30-40, I ordered the true beige. It works on my oily t-zone as well as my dry cheeks, no glittery/luminous particles, which I truly despise.
It just evens my skin tone which is my biggest issue. I used a brush instead of the pad included. The powder is not as tightly packed as some compact foundation, so use a light hand while swirling the powder. I assumed that it will not last as long, hey but for that price, this is not an issue. I planned to try their other foundations. BTW this does not have any pink/peachy tone, just true true beige. Definitly re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2007 5:52:00 PM More reviews by flossome

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was a pretty nice powder foundation. The coverage was okay, and it got rid of any shine I had on my face. It applies very thickly if you're not careful. Use a good brush to blend this in, not the little cotton pad they include in the package. I got this one shade too dark for my skin, but I will try this again in a better shade and see how I feel.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2007 9:36:00 AM More reviews by seagirlrun

This did not work well for my oily skin. I have been wanting to try minerals makeup and this was on sale and seemed easy being in a pressed compact. I know minerals are supposed to give a sheen, but my face just looked greasy after 30 minutes of applying! I tried it several different times just to be sure, and tossed it out yesterday. Definitely not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 6:25:00 AM More reviews by chanelxoxo123

I adore this powder foundation! I am almost done with my 2nd compact! I think the packaging is hideous and I depot and put it into another fancier compact. The other downside is that it seems to run out very fast and once you start to see a lot of the pan it's slows down your morning routine trying to scrape up the product from the sides. What I love about this is that there is no scent, it's completely light and airy with a smooth natural looking matte finish, and it provides the most incredible HEAVY coverage that once again, looks very natural! It is incredibly long lasting, doesn't transfer, easy to touchup up with because it doesn't cake up either, and very cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by lisalisa007

I apply this with a makeup brush over Revlon's light coverage foundation. Coverage is nice and color blends right into my own skin. I use Creamy Natural. I always stock up on when CVS runs their b/o get one. Only downside is when this starts to get to the end around the outside, it breaks up really easily. I usually crush it up and put it in my loose powder brush. In comparision, I've used Neutrogena's Mineral makeup and I like this better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Color selection: Decent. Milani is aimed towards "women of color" but aren't we all women of some color? lol Despite this they do make pale shades of this powder, pale enough for my pale ass. Also plenty of deeper shades as well.

Price: Expect to pay around $7-8.

Packaging: Pretty sturdy... comes in a compact with clear flip top lid. The mirror is in a compartment underneith and it also contains a rather crappy sponge which is not suitable for applying this foundation with.

Texture: A wee bit powdery but finely milled and applies very evenly.

RAves:

Didn't expect to ♥ this, but I do.

I had given up on minerals. Mainly b/c I couldn't find a brand that provides the type of coverage and finish that I wanted. I tried to go back to liquid foundation but ended up with gross looking skin...clogged pores, bumps everywhere. Where my skin could once tolerate almost all foundations, as I got older it simply refused too. I don't know what changed, but I don't think I'll ever be able to find a liquid or cream foundation that works on me.

Anyways... I remembered Milani made a mineral makeup now and decided to give it a try. I bought the lightest shade that I could find for my pale skin which ended up being the shade Creamy Natural. However after investigating Milani's website, there is apparently one shade lighter than that called Nude Buff. I haven't seen this shade in person, but I'm willing to guess it is probably not as yellow in undertones as Creamy Natural is.

Creamy Natural matches my skin very well. The coverage and finish of this makeup is very pleasing to me. I've been applying it with a kabuki brush (the thing they provide you with in the compact is crap) and I really get a smooth matte finish that still looks natural. This makeup is also longer lasting on my skin than a lot of minerals I have tried. I also have skin that tends to get dry and irritated. No problems with this!

Best of all, my skin has once again cleared up and is looking pretty damn good these days. I took some pictures yesterday of myself to use for a project and I usually run them through Photoshop just to clean up any blemishes or ruddiness that might be peeking out. I sat there staring at them and it was like...NOTHING to photoshop off! *LOL* My skin already looked naturally smooth and pretty flawless. So far this has been my FAVORITE mineral foundation that I have tried.

Rants: I have yet to discover any. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by mary_b

I LOVE this makeup. I have oily wrinkly skin with lots of red. It covers well, but doesn't sink into the wrinkles. I have 105-Honey Beige. It's a nice yellowish tan - great in the summer. But what do I do for the winter! The medium color is WAY too pink. They need more shades.