November 22, 2014 | 1687 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is my favorite exfoliater. I was so happy with it I bought another 16 oz bottle. I love that its all exfoliater and that the particles are fine so you can use everyday. I love Philosophy products and this is my favorite. I use this and their Vitamin C powder everyday and my skin has improved. I don't get break outs at all anymore (even when I pms). The only things I dislike are the expensive pricing and that I wished it came in a pump bottle instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by raindropsnsnowflakes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love it! It feels absolutely wonderful. My skin feels soft, smooth, and clean. I have seen a few reviews complaining about the lid clogging and the tiny exfoliating beads settling, so I will just remember to shake well before using, and run the lid under hot water now and then. It is worth this extra little effort. It did not dry my skin, and after one use...I actually think my pores appear smaller. I am really happy with this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Lynsi01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as part of a QVC deal of 32oz sizes of both Purity and Microdelivery. I've been a Purity + Clarisonic user for 2 years. Lately though, my skin's been a little dull and rough, and I've had more breakouts.

I've used this cleanser now several times, and I'm pretty impressed. While I won't liken its use to an actual peel, I am very pleased! It's very gentle on the skin, and I've even used it with my clarisonic for a deeper treatment without irritation. It leaves my skin very smooth, and it's whisked away all my dry patches. It doesn't make my skin feel tight afterwards, either.

After about a week and a half, my skin is radiantly clear and smooth to the point where I'm actually ok leaving the house without makeup! That's something I've never done before.

I'm excited I got this. I'm looking forward to continued results by using it every morning!

**UPDATE: So after each time I used this I began to get little irritation bumps/zits. Stopped using.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by classicfilmbroad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this. Really, I did. I purchased it after reading on these boards that my beloved St. Ives Scrub was too abrasive for facial skin. (I'm about to go back to it, though, after this travesty. If you have some other ideas of less abrasive exfoliating scrubs, feel free to let me know!) It has great reviews, the exfoliation seemed relatively gentle. With that said, apparently something in the ingredients hates my face because I broke out with terrible acne all over my cheeks -- and I never break out on my cheeks. I'm going to try using it on my KP, elbows, behind, legs, etc. because for $25, I just can't force myself to throw it away. This product may work for some, but it just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I am reviewing a sample of this. It did remove all my makeup but the little beads get in my eyes and irritates them. I like my cleanser to remove face and eye makeup. I may buy it but to use it in the morning only and avoid eye area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've tried several Philosophy products and have been disappointed by almost every one of them. I was very hesitant to try this cleanser because of my past negative experiences (including the cult favorite Purity cleanser). Words cannot describe how happy I am that I gave this a shot. I use it mostly in the morning, and I have noticed a big difference in my skin after using it for about a week and a half. My skin is extremely oily yet dehydrated. It has also developed some sun spots over the past year or so. My skin has become so much clearer, more radiant, the texture has changed and the spots have become lighter and lighter. This is the "oomph" I've been looking for in my skincare. I wouldn't be without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyes01

Currently, this is my favorite exfoliating product. The grains are small enough to not scratch but still be effective. And it is gentle enough to use every day. I guess it would be better if it were in a tube because my bottle does get clogged. Oh well, the product inside is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Merlinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Use this as my morning face wash. LOVE it! The first day I used it I felt kind of bummed about it. I didn't think it was anything spectacular while actually using the product. I was in a rush to get to work so I threw myself together. The next time I looked at myself was mid-morning ... WOW! I noticed such a nice glow to my face, it looked like I had nice, soft skin. I've used it for about a month now and love it. Will continue to use.

I also use this in conjunction with my DDF revolving polisher with the brush head.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to preface this review by saying that Philosophy items are really hit or miss for me. But this one is a real WIN in my opinion! This cleanser includes diatomaceous earth which is what is providing the grainy scrubbing texture. Its very fine and not at all too overly abrasive so you could feasibly use it every day. If your skin can handle it, try this with the Clarisonic--amazing! I would say the price is pretty fair considering this is more of a higher end line and the size of the bottle is generous. Would buy this again and recommend to others!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I keep buying this because it gets my face cleaner than any other cleanser I have tried but my issue with this stuff is that the granules disappear in the bottle after a few uses. I don't know if this is just with the giant deluxe bottle or what, but the last 2 bottles I bought, the sandy bits seemed to dissolve or something...I just use this with my clarisonic now.