April 18, 2014 | 917 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by tiinnhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was the biggest waste of my money ever. With a hefty price tag of $40 dollars for 1oz, you'd expect some pretty high quality stuff. Boy, was I disappointed.

Pros:
Good packaging.

Cons:
LIMITED COLOR OPTIONS.
Very yellow/orange undertones! I had shade Medium 3 and I still somehow managed to look YELLOW.
Causes breakouts, despite being oil-free.
Very heavy makeup making you appear "cakey."
Doesn't last all day. (for us oily gals at least.)
This makeup will slide off your face within a matter of 2 hours.
Expensive at $40 an oz.

So with all that said, I will not be buying this product again nor will i ever recommend this to a friend.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Dollface303

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really unimpressed by this product it seemed really heavy on my face and I noticed that after a few days of wearing it I strated breaking out. I'm a makeup artist so I tried applying it numerous different ways and nothing changed. I usaully wear Lancome Tient Idole Ultra and am going to go back to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by sxchannel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

made my skin dry and got blemishes and broke put over it in little spots i wudnt buy this shit over priced foundation again !!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by jess213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use F0 (around NC 10-15ish), and it is a good match. I love the pump dispenser as it makes less mess. I like the sheer-medium coverage that evens out my red cheeks (I still have to use concealer on acne scars, but I don't mind) and this lasts all day for me, even without a primer. I wish that it didn't have chemical sunscreen in it. The finish is a bit dewy, so I use a powder to set it and matte it out a bit. Overall, a good foundation for my dry-normal, slightly acne prone/sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by soenchanting3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I should note that all of the smashbox products agree with my skin. I have extremely oily and acne prone skin and this stuff keeps my skin looking glowy but not oily. Im a cocktail waitress so between the heat of the kitchen, running around, and being stressed, I need a good foundation. After an 8 hour shift my skin looks like I just put my makeup on and I only blotted once. I highly recommend this product. Use it with the primer, and be sure to use a good cleanser and you're set.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Camila2bits

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing amazing or special. I wouldnt recomment this for somebody with oily or acne prone skin because of it light coverage and it moisturizing feeling. it caused me to get oily and i tend to have dry skin. This is something that is perfect for someone who wants a nice glow in their skin but isnt trying to hide anything major, it helps to even skin tone and give skin a dewy look. Its pump was an added pleasure to the expirience. Something nice to wear everyday for some sheer coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by jenifa305

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because i wanted to try something new .I dont really have alot to say about this product i dont really see it as a foundation as i do an illumanizer ,the product itself i good but i think it is good for people with dull skin and that want a bit of a small tan it is very light coverage .And, i must say that this has never cause me to breakout ever ,sometimes im to lazy coming home from work or college and sleep with it on and never have i broken out.But when i do remove it i find my face looks healthier .Also , this product is very hygenice because of the pump.Overall this product is okay as a foundation but it does give your face a gorgeous glow even my boyfriend knows when im wearing it he says my face looks dewy and just sexy lol ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by FishHousePunch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation looking for medium to full coverage. As my ULTA was missing half of the testers for the product, I thought my safest bet was going for the lightest shade. When I got home, I tried it on. Not only was the formula thin and watery, the color was ORANGE. It looked terrible on me, and, even using a foundation brush, and blending sponge, would not go on smoothly. Even with the very orange color, the foundation did nothing to cover my redness. I expected a lot more for the price. While I love smashbox primer, I'm going to stay away from their foundations from now on. They do not have a good color range for pale girls, and they are not even medium coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by MichelleMcC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a good foundation in some respects, but it isn't for me. It really is more of a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. The coverage just isn't there. On the positive side, it was easy to find a color match for my pale, pink-toned skin, and it went on smoothly without looking chalky or otherwise odd. When I saw myself in the mirror a while after applying it, I looked as if I were without makeup -- and not in a good way. I have good skin, clear with no wrinkling, but I need some brightening and smoothing, and this didn't do either. Which leads me to believe this is something a younger woman with really good skin would like...but in this price range, you can do better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was a disappointment. The shades are very orange and oxidize horribly after wearing it for a few hours. This gives a very dewy finish and feels like it's sliding off my face. I took this back and got Make Up For Ever's HD foundation which I absolutely LOVE! The MUFE and Smashbox HD foundations are nothing alike, so if you don't like this, get the MUFE HD. I don't recommend this one to anyone.