July 31, 2014 | 2120 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Fresh Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by WoodlandDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this (for the second time) from Target because I couldn't remember why I discontinued using it in the past and I am a sucker for anything that claims to make you feel "fresh". I returned it because it left my skin feeling very stripped. I woke up after using this with skin that was too dry to apply foundation, along with irritation around my eyes. This did not cause any breakouts, but the dryness was a deal-breaker.

Ingredients: Water, glycerin, lauryl glucoside, decyl glucoside, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycereth-7, ammonium laureth sulfate, sodium cocoyl sarcosinate, glycol stearate, cocamide mea, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, tetrasodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by bitaboop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly I don't understand why people are saying it broke out their skin. I stopped using it for a while to switch up an when I went back to it my skin is flawless again. All my friends only use this as well!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ItsMeElen

This stuff is horrible! First of all, it smells like something you would clean your sink with! Should have been my first clue that it was no good. It broke my skin out terribly! I had welts on my face that hurt and itched. It took forever to go away. Awful product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by CandyCrystals

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to take off my make up at the end of the day & it does a great job for everything except my waterproof eyeliners & mascara. For those, I use my Pond's Classic Cold Cream to gently wipe it off before I proceed to using this face wash. (I don't mind doing a 2-step cleaning because this cleanser is gentle enough to use.)

I started using this cleanser last summer & loved it because my face felt totally clean. But as the weather got colder & drier, my skin started feeling dry & tight after using this cleanser so I recommend using this cleanser if you have combo oily skin.

This cleanser has never broken me out, but it has helped with blemishes. I have already repurchased this and am on my second bottle. I switched from Cetaphil.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible cleanser! Broke me out terribly, with large welts all over my face- they took forever to heal! It is also very drying to the skin, since it contains many sulfates.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Maccazan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fairly good everyday cleanser. I prefer creamier brands, though. Before trying this one, I was using a Garnier eye-and-face cleanser/makeup remover... with a much better scent. Since I couldn't find it in the drugstore anymore, I switched to Neutrogena.

Talking strictly about cleansing, Neutrogena's does an excellent job. My skin is normal, with occasional pimples on my T-zone. To avoid the dryness problem, I apply a very small amount (first foaming it with my hands; then I massage it on my face), and my skin feels extremely clean.

Just make sure that you use a very good moisturizer afterwards, and that you don't rub it too much on your skin. I like it very much, but it would be perfect if it had a nice scent (sometimes I feel like I used dish soap)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ncarro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I started using this in college when I wanted to start a more consistent skin care regimen, and I keep coming back to this product after trying more expensive department store skin care lines. I use Fresh Foaming Cleanser in the shower after exfoliating with Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream and love how my skin looks and feels afterward. I love everything about this product -- the packaging, how well it foams in the shower, how clean and refreshed it leaves my skin. I have noticed that it doesn't foam as well when I wash my face over the sink, and I wouldn't rely on this to remove eye makeup, but this is a facial cleanser I will buy again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by MissAwesome

Like other reviewers have said, this product was very gentle and removed dirt and oil from their face; my face felt clean afterwards. But for me, it didn't remove makeup very well. It took me a lot time to get all my eye makeup off and when I did, some lashes fell out! Also it was kind of stinging my eye since I kept trying to get the makeup off.
This cleanser is alright, nothing special and does the same things as other face washes. Other face washes I have now, does the same thing (remove dirt, oil, makeup), and it also exfoliates, prevents blackheads, acne. And those washes makes my face really clean and smooth. You're better off getting something else.
Plus the package is really poor too. The bottle was away from the shower head, but water still got in from the pump.
Eh, I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good, gentle cleanser and very effective at removing all traces of make-up. Convenient pump, which I like to use in the shower.
My skin feels clean and pores diminished after use.
No drying, no film, no breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by drivesl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have carefully introduced this cleanser in my regimen. It does clean makeup off and not aggravate the acne, even possibly dull it but not remove the red marks. It leaves my skin a little tight, but not as much as Dessert Essence. I'm afraid to use it on a constant basis because it has a lot of artificial ingredients. It is definitely my favorite cleanser in the Neutrogena line, surprisingly good for them.