November 28, 2014 | 1802 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Phenomenal makeup. Applied with a kabuki brush, it looks great over my regular moisturizer, oil, or LM Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer. Texture is excellent, packaging is perfect, it's not shimmery (doesn't look shimmery, but does give an illuminated, light diffused look and a flawless finish), and unlike other mineral makeup brands, this doesn't dry out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm already on my second container of this foundation and I absolutely love it. I usually apply a small amount of this over my liquid foundation (thin layer), or over BB creams. I love that it adds extra coverage (I have major acne scarring), without being cakey. It does not accentuate or settle into the lines on my face and it lasts all day. I use the color "real sand" and it's not too yellow or pink based. It does have a small amount of shimmer in it-which turned me off to it at first since I have very oily skin- but it isn't noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by moee323

This has been my HG foundation for years, in Real Sand. Better than anything, so natural looking and very comfortable on my skin. Best stuff ever. If this is ever discontinued I feel like my life will end. Laura makes the best foundation and this is no exception. This is seriously a gift sent by god, most amazing perfect foundation ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by fernyfern

I've found this goes on super well, very light and not cakey at all! The color blends well on me and lasts fairly well through the day. I don't like the container, it's messy to get powder out of but the revolving sifter does make sense for traveling.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I went through one of these trying to convince myself every time I put it on that it looked good. So I bought my second, and I just couldn't finish it. I have to agree with a recent reviewer "honestly, I don't know what all the fuss is about" For the price of this stuff, and from what some people have said I thought it was going to be a miracle powder for me, unfortunately not the case. There is too much glitter in it, the coverage wasn't that great, and the lasting power was terrible. I will say though, that my skin is super oily, so not many foundations tend to last on me. I found that I would apply it on to a blemish, and within minutes it wasn't covered anymore? Weird I know. It's a hit or miss with this product. I would say get a sample before committing to the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mineral foundation. I have tried many. (Bare Minerals, Jane Iredale, Everyday Minerals and other big names as well as smaller etsy type sellers). This is nicely milled and leaves a beautiful finish. I especially love to use this over my BB creams or TMs for a flawless finish. The price per unit is higher than Bare Minerals, but if you do the math ounce for ounce this is actually CHEAPER than BM and it does not break me out or cause itching like BM would for me. This is a staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by JINXUK

This is totally wonderful. It covers every blemish yet looks natural. And i have lots of dark pigmentation scaring from acne.
Please don't take notice of reviews saying it's shimmery, because it isn't. It blends to look like your skin, and if you choose the correct shade you will not look chalky or clown like.
So easy to apply, the more you buff into your skin the better the result.

I've tried Chanel, Ysl, Estee Lauder and Bare Minerals as well as numerous other brands and none compare.

It is a bit pricey but it's well worth spending more as it makes your skin look beautiful. Not mask like or painted on at all.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Leshly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, what is the fuss with this powder? For something that was also $40 I should like this product but I HATE it. I personally don't wear foundation because it makes the face look more cakey, so I just dap some concealer on my acne scars and dark circles and then use powder to blend the color of my face all together. After applying this over my Cover FX Concealer those areas looked grey! Why would it make these area grey? Does it have illumating powers or something? I was so frustrated and sad and I can't even return it because I lost the receipt. Guess this will be laying in the back of the closet and I will just stick with the Mac Studio Fix Plus Powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by showSTOPPER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm disappointed with this product, been using it for around 2 months now. I'm acne-prone, around NC15, dry cheeks, sometimes oily t-zone. This has a kind of shimmer to it which I was warned about with reviews on here, but unfortunately I went ahead and purchased this and although it is okay, it highlights every bad bit about my skin - if you have indented scars of any kind beware! I have a small area on my left cheek that has slight indenting from a horrible period of acne I went through around 4 years ago and this without fail highlights those particularly with indoor lighting. Colour I purchased is real sand - note this is much darker than my skintone but I usually go darker because of the rest of my body. Much preferred MAC MSF natural and bare minerals original. If you have good skin with little to no imperfections this would probably work for you and thats only when I would recommend it. I use it with ELF's powder brush from the studio line.