September 23, 2014 | 1083 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by moee323

This has been my HG foundation for years, in Real Sand. Better than anything, so natural looking and very comfortable on my skin. Best stuff ever. If this is ever discontinued I feel like my life will end. Laura makes the best foundation and this is no exception. This is seriously a gift sent by god, most amazing perfect foundation ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by fernyfern

I've found this goes on super well, very light and not cakey at all! The color blends well on me and lasts fairly well through the day. I don't like the container, it's messy to get powder out of but the revolving sifter does make sense for traveling.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I went through one of these trying to convince myself every time I put it on that it looked good. So I bought my second, and I just couldn't finish it. I have to agree with a recent reviewer "honestly, I don't know what all the fuss is about" For the price of this stuff, and from what some people have said I thought it was going to be a miracle powder for me, unfortunately not the case. There is too much glitter in it, the coverage wasn't that great, and the lasting power was terrible. I will say though, that my skin is super oily, so not many foundations tend to last on me. I found that I would apply it on to a blemish, and within minutes it wasn't covered anymore? Weird I know. It's a hit or miss with this product. I would say get a sample before committing to the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mineral foundation. I have tried many. (Bare Minerals, Jane Iredale, Everyday Minerals and other big names as well as smaller etsy type sellers). This is nicely milled and leaves a beautiful finish. I especially love to use this over my BB creams or TMs for a flawless finish. The price per unit is higher than Bare Minerals, but if you do the math ounce for ounce this is actually CHEAPER than BM and it does not break me out or cause itching like BM would for me. This is a staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by JINXUK

This is totally wonderful. It covers every blemish yet looks natural. And i have lots of dark pigmentation scaring from acne.
Please don't take notice of reviews saying it's shimmery, because it isn't. It blends to look like your skin, and if you choose the correct shade you will not look chalky or clown like.
So easy to apply, the more you buff into your skin the better the result.

I've tried Chanel, Ysl, Estee Lauder and Bare Minerals as well as numerous other brands and none compare.

It is a bit pricey but it's well worth spending more as it makes your skin look beautiful. Not mask like or painted on at all.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Leshly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, what is the fuss with this powder? For something that was also $40 I should like this product but I HATE it. I personally don't wear foundation because it makes the face look more cakey, so I just dap some concealer on my acne scars and dark circles and then use powder to blend the color of my face all together. After applying this over my Cover FX Concealer those areas looked grey! Why would it make these area grey? Does it have illumating powers or something? I was so frustrated and sad and I can't even return it because I lost the receipt. Guess this will be laying in the back of the closet and I will just stick with the Mac Studio Fix Plus Powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by showSTOPPER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm disappointed with this product, been using it for around 2 months now. I'm acne-prone, around NC15, dry cheeks, sometimes oily t-zone. This has a kind of shimmer to it which I was warned about with reviews on here, but unfortunately I went ahead and purchased this and although it is okay, it highlights every bad bit about my skin - if you have indented scars of any kind beware! I have a small area on my left cheek that has slight indenting from a horrible period of acne I went through around 4 years ago and this without fail highlights those particularly with indoor lighting. Colour I purchased is real sand - note this is much darker than my skintone but I usually go darker because of the rest of my body. Much preferred MAC MSF natural and bare minerals original. If you have good skin with little to no imperfections this would probably work for you and thats only when I would recommend it. I use it with ELF's powder brush from the studio line.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by chokey17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start off saying that I have really oily skin and huge pores on my inner cheek area just around my nose. I'm also acne prone, by no means red cysts or really nasty zits, but just some under-the-skin bumps and blackheads that seem to never disappear. I've been using Milk of Magnesia as a primer along with Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation which has been an amazing combination to get rid of oil, but I really wanted to try something that was a little lighter.

The packaging is lovely. It's simple, and oh so convenient with the little twister that allows you to cover the holes the mineral powder comes out of when you're not using it and it also allows you to control how much comes out. The packaging is light and quite compact as a mineral powder. So in that regard, it's great.

It's quite pricey, and was around $45 CAD at Holt Renfrew. I've never liked 'cheaping' out when it comes to foundation so I guess it'll have to do.

In terms of coverage, I'd say it can be light, medium or full depending on how much you build up. I don't have particularly dry skin so buildability was not an issue for me at all. No flaking or cake-ing whatsoever. (My Sephora Mineral Powder brush in number #45 is a DREAM at applying this!) I'm shade Rich Vanilla and am around NC37-40 and it suits me quite well (especially as I'm a little tan in the summer).

The foundation blends like a dream and really diffuses your face somehow so that it looks very soft and airbrushed. I absolutely love the effect this foundation has. Now the major con for me that has made me give this product only 3 stars is the darn pearl powder! As I said, I have huge pores around my nose and the pearl powder makes the entire area so shiny and highlighted. Not only do my pores look ten times bigger, my pimples are emphasized and I look shiny. It also looks a little odd, as if that area is lighter than the rest of my face because of the shine. I was extremely disappointed, and no amount of finishing powder (I desperately tried various mattifying powders to get rid of the shine to no avail) would get rid of the darn shine. This is the first CON of this product.

Lastly, oil control wasn't that great. I have really oily skin and even with my Milk of Magnesia as primer, oil breaks through after an hour on my nose. Especially now that it's the summer and weather in Toronto will average 30 degrees Celsius, I don't want to be wearing a foundation that is shiny and has no oil control whatsoever.

I can see this foundation being an absolute dream for girls who don't have issues with oil or huge pores that can be emphasized with pearl powder. Unfortunately, Holt Renfrew has the dreaded 'no return/exchange' policy on makeup. I think I'll stick with my Estee Lauder foundation for now!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by MareeT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product after reading the reviews on here but i am disappointed :( For ref I have NW20-25 skin with blonde hair and I bought Real Sand but this is way too light but also looks muddy?? Only way I can think to describe it.. before I put it on my skin looks nicely tanned and healthy but this makes me look sick so have to wear bronzer too. I am on the fence whether to buy Natural Beige which I tried in the store and that matched my skin really well but I thought with winter coming up I should go a tad lighter and everyone seems to love Real Sand, I don't know how tanned skin girls can wear this colour?? I use a kabuki brush but it seems to apply to thickly and my skin feels dry after applying. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong maybe I need a different brush?
Also my skin has started to get irritated and I think it could be this powder, I've stopped one of my night time moisturisers so need to wait and see which product is bothering me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by SunBearPikey

I love this product. I use it over Clinique Superbalanced foundation in number 04. From the product reviews here i purchased a color that was too light form. Next time will get a darker one but for now I am mixing it with bronzer. That's how much I like it. Over the last couple of days i tried it alone and was extremely impressed! I just swiped some on with a stippling brush over moisturizer and rose hip & avocado oil. I used a little bit of concealer on red marks and under the eyes. It made my skin look totally flawless and real! As if i had taken a photo with no makeup on and then airbrushed it. Worn alone, the slight 'shimmer' if you can call it that looks amazing because it picks up the light but does not look greasy. It looks really healthy and natural, and I'm usually a girl that likes full coverage. It is well worth the money. I used to use bare minerals but if i wore it alone it would never stay put, and believe me this does. I didn't use a primer because although i have a huge makeup collection i have always found primers to be reasonably pointless if you are using a good moisturizer and makeup. Sorry for the rant!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No