Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 11/22/2012 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this is absolutely my HG. i wear this every day and my skin has never been so flawless (i've started to wear no foundation sometimes because i don't need it any more!!!). a little goes a looong way and this stuff truly lasts forever. the packaging is perfect and so travel friendly. i wear sand and it looks lovely on my asian skin tone. it lasts all day without looking oily or needing touch ups; i actually think it looks better and better as the day goes on!! i really can't say enough good things about this product. use it with the mineral finishing powder and i swear you will never look back!!!

on 11/16/2012 3:59:00 AM

HG! I can't recommend this product enough! IT IS AMAZING! It's a wonderful foundation in so many ways. It gives such a natural glow and feel to the skin. I will never ever be without this foundation.

PROs: good medium coverage if one wants to. beautiful sheen on the face, it has an extremely natural finish, it feels very light on the skin, it causes me no breakouts, it has long lasting power, and the best part: it looks better and better throughout the day as its blends so beautiful with the skins natural oils.

CONs: can be a bit messy for traveling, if on Retin-A it can be to harsh to use on the skin at first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Im a NC20 (a tad lighter) and I wear Real Sand as of right now and its a perfect warm fair/light colour. I think I've bought this shade about 5 times the past 2 years.
I have this foundation in four different shades! I mix them during the seasons to match my complexion. I can use Rich Vanilla as a bronzer, as well as Warm Bronze. It looks so natural.

Key is to use a good brush (I just discovered Real Techniques Buffing brush - and I LOVE IT for this foundation) and to use a few spritz of MAC Fix+ after applying the foundation.
If you want more coverage, a great tip is to wear it on top of a BB cream.

I don't think its even comparable to BE mineral foundation - I hated that one. It made my skin itchy and left me with both breakouts and patches all over my face.

I have a huge collection of foundations. Several foundations from Sisley, Chanel, Make up for Ever, Kevin Aucoin, YSL, Burberry and Tom Ford as I really love testing out new foundations.
I ALWAYS come back to this one.

on 11/3/2012 7:13:00 PM

Really love this product, use this with a concealer and it stays all day.

on 10/29/2012 4:58:00 AM

i have previously use the laura mercier loose powder in transperant. and i come to this mineral one after finishing the basic one mentioned above. so i cannot see any difference between application outcome. the only negative i see is, this minerial one is one third in quantity compare to the basic loose powder. when i cannot see difference between 2 products, i have no reason to re-buy. i am about to finish this minerial powder, and i am switching back to the same brand, but basic loose powder. suggest do not waste your money here.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HG foundation and the best mineral foundation I have ever used. I don't think I'll be able to go back to anything else. I've tried L'Oreal true match minerals, Bare Minerals, Neutrogena minerals, and many more. This is THE best, and worth every penny. I buff mine into the skin with a kabuki brush. This has a medium amount of coverage, but it still looks so natural, and does not leave a powdery cakey look - which the aforementioned powders sometimes did. I am battling some pretty bad acne these days so it's nice to let my skin breathe while still getting some coverage. I just apply this over a light sunscreen. And I love that the lid closes over the sifter so you can travel with it without all of the product spilling out. Definitely repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this after seeing a youtube guru I loved rave nonstop on this product. She had dry skin and so was I. Having struggled with the right foundation (liquid goes on blotchy and doesn't last long on me, cream clogs my pores), I finally caved in a bought it. For a ton of product, you get this at a fairly good price. Especially since you handly need a lot to cover your face. This gives a sheen on my skin, making it the most natural looking powder foundation I've tried. I have to admit, I only used this twice until realized it didn't match my skin so this was tossed at the back of my makeup bin. But it was just a few weeks ago when I gave it a chance and tried it one more time now that my skin's tanner and it was PERFECT! I have never seen my skin sooo good! And the best part? It's so easy to apply. I apply this using my real techniques buffing brush. I find the denser the brush, the more natural this looks. So buff, buff, buff baby! :) Haha. Definitely recommend this.

on 9/21/2012 10:50:00 PM

I definitely prefer the Laura Mercier mineral powder to the Bare Minerals powder foundation. I felt that Laura Mercier's product went on more smoothly without leaving any cakey residue behind and blended a lot better rather than looking heavy on the skin.

on 9/18/2012 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best mineral powders I have ever used. I sometimes find myself straying from this product due to the price in Australia, but I always bite the bullet and repurchase.

It delivers full coverage, you get alot of product compared to other mineral powders and I find it lasts all day and all night.

I would suggest wearing a mineral veil on top though for extra oil absorption, if you have oily skin like me.

It really is a great product and far more superior to other powders.

on 9/12/2012 9:57:00 AM

I love the packaging, the jar is so much bigger than what mineral powder usually comes in. The big lid is great for tapping out the powder for application. This applies so easily, it has an almost creamy finish and has good coverage. However, this makes me so shiny after a few hours. Not oily, just straight up shiny. I'm guessing that's the the bismuth at work. I'll probably just reuse the jar for my Alima minerals.

on 9/7/2012 6:06:00 PM

Im sooo in love with this powder! I wear it alone on lazy days and it gives a good coverage-not full!!! I've read other reviews saying it doesnt have good coverage. what do you expect its a powder! It has a nice sheen to it. Im not a fan of a matte look. I love to pair it with my NArs tinted moisterizer. Overall its a great product and a must have for me!!!