April 17, 2014 | 1809 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Cloudpuff_2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Admittedly, I am disappointed in this purchase. I've been trying to convince myself to pull the trigger on this foundation order, and finally did it, only to find myself pretty displeased .

The lightest shade(I forget the name) is actually a pretty decent match for my extremely pale skin. Initially , it has a SLIGHT yellow tint to it, but that goes away within a few minutes of application.

I find that the blendability of this foundation isn't as good as previous mineral Makeups I've tried, and i find the more I blend , the more cakey it looks. This is the first mineral makeup I've tried that actually doesn't feel right on my skin. It doesn't feel light and natural like most mmU, and I actually could not wait to wash this off of my face after a few hours. I have dry skin also, and this foundation made me very oily and the foundation looked patchy within a few hours . It also settles into every crease on my face and cakes up around my nose no matter how little I apply. The coverage is decent, the sheen doesn't really give any sort of desireable glow; I just am not impressed with this foundation at all. I will return and buy my newly discovered Becca budoir foundation. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finally bought this after deliberating over it because of the price. Even though it is expensive for me personally, I'm glad I got it. I've tried other mineral powders before, including sheer powder and bare escentuals, and they all caused my skin to break out and go red and itchy. Fortunately LM didn't cause any bad reactions. Instead, I can get a lovely natural finish and I can still cover my rosacea without using a lot. I'm NW20 and use real sand which is a perfect match for me. It leaves a lovely natural glow, although sometimes it can look a bit too shiny but I just use MAC prep and prime powder over it and it fixes it for the whole day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Siljeehl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this one! I have the classic norwegian skincolour, and "Classig Beige" suits me perfectly during the winter and springtime. I have to purchase a slighty more tanned formula for the summer. I strongly recommend this! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this foundation! previously i was loyal to my BE minerals, but have found that the finish on this stuff is more beautiful. It's like the original BE minerals that had some fine shimmer in it, but even more refined. AND no itchiness. Although the BE foundation never broke me out, it did itch a little when first applied (this was true for both the original and matte versions). This product is a bit pricey (about $35) but well worth it in my opinion. I prefer to do a light dusting of it over my LM Tinted moisturizer, but it also provides good medium coverage by itself. My skin varies from about NC30-NC37 and i originally bought this in rich vanilla, but found that it matches me at my darkest. So I also purchased natural beige and find that the mix of the two is my perfect match for spring and fall (while natural beige is perfect for winter when I'm at my lightest). I haven't had any breakouts yet (using it now for about a month) and it gives a great healthy almost-dewey-but-not-quite finish to my combo skin. I guess that's the only draw back- if you want a matte finish, this isn't for you. As far as wear, it's comparable to BE, lasting me about 8-9hrs (over a primer) before showing signs of fading. highly recommended product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by graycelou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

First off, I will say I live in Mississippi where summers seem to last from May to September. It is very humid and sometimes wearing makeup just gets crossed off of the list because of it. For that fact, I have always been drawn to mineral (or powder) foundations over liquid ones. After loving the Laura Mercier brand for about a year now, I decided to try out the Mineral Foundation SPF 15, and I have well loved it! I got the color Real Sand (Reference skin tone between MAC NC 25/ NW 25- although these colors on my skin are too extreme alone, I just mix the two together). Typically, I use the powder with a Sephora brand bronzing brush and set it with Urban Decay's De-Slick oil control spray; with these three tools at hand, a bit of bronzer, blush, and mascara, I am done with my makeup in less than ten minutes. Clinique Almost Powder SPF 15 used to be my HG powder foundation but I could never quite match my skin well enough and something in the powder seemed to break me out if I wore it for too long. I am so thankful to discover this and overall I am extremely pleased with the finish and longevity of this product and will definitely be repurchasing it again when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I will be honest and admit that I got this because of rave reviews on YouTube. I use mineral makeup everyday from Everyday Minerals and have been happy with it for a few years but I did want to try a higher end brand, especially since it has a dewier finish. I had a hard time purchasing it for the full price so I used my 15% off coupon at Sephora to justify it. At first I sort of hated it. I could not get it to properly bind to my brush, which means not enough product would actually buff into my face. I can only use this over a tinted moisturizer or foundation because it adheres better and gives better coverage. I really like using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and the EcoTools retractable kabuki is pretty good too. I really like it over matter mineral because it looks so healthy and fresh but finding the best way to use it has been challenging. The coverage over a base is great but very sheer over bare skin, at least for me (I have dry skin). I think its worth it since I use it everyday but I would probably only repurchase it when I have a coupon.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love! Evens out my skintone and covers my blemishes perfectly. Gives my skin a beautiful glow and a satin-y finish. It's easy to use and makes a really nice change from liquid foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by completelyloony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Skin: very Pale NC10 maybe Nars SG Siberia combination (dry facky patches, oilyness and normal) acne prone and sensitive.

I got this foundation in soft porcelain after reading reviews on Here and looking at swatches after needing a new foundation.

The shade: I got this in Soft porcelain and the shade is perfect. The shade is a very light colour with neutral - yellow undertones with no pink.

packaging: The packaging is as a plastic jar with filter in it there is also a seal that can open and close i find that don't get any spillage's with this and wish that more powders came with it.

The product: The foundation goes on smoothly and evenly and doesn't hight light dry flakey patches of my skin. It's quite fine and it tends to be a bit messy. the finish of the foundation is slightly dewy.
The coverage of the product is medium and if very easy and quick to get that coverage. The foundation lasted more than 12 hours with a little bit of movement around by my glasses and it sinks a little in to pores after 12 hours.

I have had this for 3 months now and i am half way through the jar. i use this about 5 days a week for 2 months now and a 1-2 days a week be for a month before. So a jar might last 4 - 6 months with daily use.

I would buy this again if i didn't come across something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Farnhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK.....this didnt break me out and I got to admit I loved the colour. I used to use this a long time ago when my skin was oily/normal. I did but this again but my skin has gone a bit dry and now powders dont look good anymore and I look even more dry.

So, tbh if you have normal skin this is a great product. I used to use this with a kabooki brush and it did look good and was such a pretty colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by jpie0510

This used to be my HG of foundations. I still like the LM, but my HG is now the Lancome powder foundation.

I first discovered LM a few years back when looking for makeup for my destination wedding. Due to the heat and humidity of my destination, I wanted something that felt light, provided good coverage, and wasn't going to run once the humidity hit my face. LM fit the bill and had the added bonus of the SPF 15. The color selection was good and didn't look chalky the way Bare Escentuals does, and the powder seemed to almost adapt a little to my underlying skin tone.

The only two drawbacks of this foundation are 1) the powder starts to mix with my oily/acne prone skin later in the day and will leave a residue on my phone 2) the price