July 25, 2014 | 1811 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Leshly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, what is the fuss with this powder? For something that was also $40 I should like this product but I HATE it. I personally don't wear foundation because it makes the face look more cakey, so I just dap some concealer on my acne scars and dark circles and then use powder to blend the color of my face all together. After applying this over my Cover FX Concealer those areas looked grey! Why would it make these area grey? Does it have illumating powers or something? I was so frustrated and sad and I can't even return it because I lost the receipt. Guess this will be laying in the back of the closet and I will just stick with the Mac Studio Fix Plus Powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by showSTOPPER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm disappointed with this product, been using it for around 2 months now. I'm acne-prone, around NC15, dry cheeks, sometimes oily t-zone. This has a kind of shimmer to it which I was warned about with reviews on here, but unfortunately I went ahead and purchased this and although it is okay, it highlights every bad bit about my skin - if you have indented scars of any kind beware! I have a small area on my left cheek that has slight indenting from a horrible period of acne I went through around 4 years ago and this without fail highlights those particularly with indoor lighting. Colour I purchased is real sand - note this is much darker than my skintone but I usually go darker because of the rest of my body. Much preferred MAC MSF natural and bare minerals original. If you have good skin with little to no imperfections this would probably work for you and thats only when I would recommend it. I use it with ELF's powder brush from the studio line.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by chokey17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start off saying that I have really oily skin and huge pores on my inner cheek area just around my nose. I'm also acne prone, by no means red cysts or really nasty zits, but just some under-the-skin bumps and blackheads that seem to never disappear. I've been using Milk of Magnesia as a primer along with Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation which has been an amazing combination to get rid of oil, but I really wanted to try something that was a little lighter.

The packaging is lovely. It's simple, and oh so convenient with the little twister that allows you to cover the holes the mineral powder comes out of when you're not using it and it also allows you to control how much comes out. The packaging is light and quite compact as a mineral powder. So in that regard, it's great.

It's quite pricey, and was around $45 CAD at Holt Renfrew. I've never liked 'cheaping' out when it comes to foundation so I guess it'll have to do.

In terms of coverage, I'd say it can be light, medium or full depending on how much you build up. I don't have particularly dry skin so buildability was not an issue for me at all. No flaking or cake-ing whatsoever. (My Sephora Mineral Powder brush in number #45 is a DREAM at applying this!) I'm shade Rich Vanilla and am around NC37-40 and it suits me quite well (especially as I'm a little tan in the summer).

The foundation blends like a dream and really diffuses your face somehow so that it looks very soft and airbrushed. I absolutely love the effect this foundation has. Now the major con for me that has made me give this product only 3 stars is the darn pearl powder! As I said, I have huge pores around my nose and the pearl powder makes the entire area so shiny and highlighted. Not only do my pores look ten times bigger, my pimples are emphasized and I look shiny. It also looks a little odd, as if that area is lighter than the rest of my face because of the shine. I was extremely disappointed, and no amount of finishing powder (I desperately tried various mattifying powders to get rid of the shine to no avail) would get rid of the darn shine. This is the first CON of this product.

Lastly, oil control wasn't that great. I have really oily skin and even with my Milk of Magnesia as primer, oil breaks through after an hour on my nose. Especially now that it's the summer and weather in Toronto will average 30 degrees Celsius, I don't want to be wearing a foundation that is shiny and has no oil control whatsoever.

I can see this foundation being an absolute dream for girls who don't have issues with oil or huge pores that can be emphasized with pearl powder. Unfortunately, Holt Renfrew has the dreaded 'no return/exchange' policy on makeup. I think I'll stick with my Estee Lauder foundation for now!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by MareeT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product after reading the reviews on here but i am disappointed :( For ref I have NW20-25 skin with blonde hair and I bought Real Sand but this is way too light but also looks muddy?? Only way I can think to describe it.. before I put it on my skin looks nicely tanned and healthy but this makes me look sick so have to wear bronzer too. I am on the fence whether to buy Natural Beige which I tried in the store and that matched my skin really well but I thought with winter coming up I should go a tad lighter and everyone seems to love Real Sand, I don't know how tanned skin girls can wear this colour?? I use a kabuki brush but it seems to apply to thickly and my skin feels dry after applying. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong maybe I need a different brush?
Also my skin has started to get irritated and I think it could be this powder, I've stopped one of my night time moisturisers so need to wait and see which product is bothering me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by SunBearPikey

I love this product. I use it over Clinique Superbalanced foundation in number 04. From the product reviews here i purchased a color that was too light form. Next time will get a darker one but for now I am mixing it with bronzer. That's how much I like it. Over the last couple of days i tried it alone and was extremely impressed! I just swiped some on with a stippling brush over moisturizer and rose hip & avocado oil. I used a little bit of concealer on red marks and under the eyes. It made my skin look totally flawless and real! As if i had taken a photo with no makeup on and then airbrushed it. Worn alone, the slight 'shimmer' if you can call it that looks amazing because it picks up the light but does not look greasy. It looks really healthy and natural, and I'm usually a girl that likes full coverage. It is well worth the money. I used to use bare minerals but if i wore it alone it would never stay put, and believe me this does. I didn't use a primer because although i have a huge makeup collection i have always found primers to be reasonably pointless if you are using a good moisturizer and makeup. Sorry for the rant!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Cloudpuff_2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Admittedly, I am disappointed in this purchase. I've been trying to convince myself to pull the trigger on this foundation order, and finally did it, only to find myself pretty displeased .

The lightest shade(I forget the name) is actually a pretty decent match for my extremely pale skin. Initially , it has a SLIGHT yellow tint to it, but that goes away within a few minutes of application.

I find that the blendability of this foundation isn't as good as previous mineral Makeups I've tried, and i find the more I blend , the more cakey it looks. This is the first mineral makeup I've tried that actually doesn't feel right on my skin. It doesn't feel light and natural like most mmU, and I actually could not wait to wash this off of my face after a few hours. I have dry skin also, and this foundation made me very oily and the foundation looked patchy within a few hours . It also settles into every crease on my face and cakes up around my nose no matter how little I apply. The coverage is decent, the sheen doesn't really give any sort of desireable glow; I just am not impressed with this foundation at all. I will return and buy my newly discovered Becca budoir foundation. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finally bought this after deliberating over it because of the price. Even though it is expensive for me personally, I'm glad I got it. I've tried other mineral powders before, including sheer powder and bare escentuals, and they all caused my skin to break out and go red and itchy. Fortunately LM didn't cause any bad reactions. Instead, I can get a lovely natural finish and I can still cover my rosacea without using a lot. I'm NW20 and use real sand which is a perfect match for me. It leaves a lovely natural glow, although sometimes it can look a bit too shiny but I just use MAC prep and prime powder over it and it fixes it for the whole day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Siljeehl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this one! I have the classic norwegian skincolour, and "Classig Beige" suits me perfectly during the winter and springtime. I have to purchase a slighty more tanned formula for the summer. I strongly recommend this! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this foundation! previously i was loyal to my BE minerals, but have found that the finish on this stuff is more beautiful. It's like the original BE minerals that had some fine shimmer in it, but even more refined. AND no itchiness. Although the BE foundation never broke me out, it did itch a little when first applied (this was true for both the original and matte versions). This product is a bit pricey (about $35) but well worth it in my opinion. I prefer to do a light dusting of it over my LM Tinted moisturizer, but it also provides good medium coverage by itself. My skin varies from about NC30-NC37 and i originally bought this in rich vanilla, but found that it matches me at my darkest. So I also purchased natural beige and find that the mix of the two is my perfect match for spring and fall (while natural beige is perfect for winter when I'm at my lightest). I haven't had any breakouts yet (using it now for about a month) and it gives a great healthy almost-dewey-but-not-quite finish to my combo skin. I guess that's the only draw back- if you want a matte finish, this isn't for you. As far as wear, it's comparable to BE, lasting me about 8-9hrs (over a primer) before showing signs of fading. highly recommended product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by graycelou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

First off, I will say I live in Mississippi where summers seem to last from May to September. It is very humid and sometimes wearing makeup just gets crossed off of the list because of it. For that fact, I have always been drawn to mineral (or powder) foundations over liquid ones. After loving the Laura Mercier brand for about a year now, I decided to try out the Mineral Foundation SPF 15, and I have well loved it! I got the color Real Sand (Reference skin tone between MAC NC 25/ NW 25- although these colors on my skin are too extreme alone, I just mix the two together). Typically, I use the powder with a Sephora brand bronzing brush and set it with Urban Decay's De-Slick oil control spray; with these three tools at hand, a bit of bronzer, blush, and mascara, I am done with my makeup in less than ten minutes. Clinique Almost Powder SPF 15 used to be my HG powder foundation but I could never quite match my skin well enough and something in the powder seemed to break me out if I wore it for too long. I am so thankful to discover this and overall I am extremely pleased with the finish and longevity of this product and will definitely be repurchasing it again when I run out!