October 24, 2014 | 1516 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by pvining

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am apparently different from most mascara users in that I prefer a really natural look. I don't really want to lengthen or thicken my lashes. Just darken them. This product does exactly that. With a little practice, I learned how much to apply (I wipe the applicater off on a tissue before applying it to my lashes). Most mascaras are too thick and gloppy for my taste. I like that this one is more thin and watery. It leaves a pretty, natural look, and wears well all day. The dark brown shade is perfect for me. I look natural, just a little enhanced. And if I ever want a little more oomph, I can always just apply another coat or two. Since Loreal Bare Naturale mascara has been discontinued (so sad), I use Great Lash when I want that same soft, natural look and feel.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Barbirivera

I bought this mascara because it's supposed to be a classic and a must-have. After using it for a awhile I can say it's not a terrible product but it's definitely not worth the hype either. This mascara is nothing special, if you have long beautiful lashes that don't need much help, use this! But if you're looking for volume or whatever, better go for the Colossal or The Falsies. Since Great Lash is in my makeup drawer (and I try my best to use everything I have), I've been using this on my bottom lashes. The brush is rather small so it works perfectly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

All of the magazines I read keep telling me Maybelline’s GREAT LASH mascara is THE product to have. Eventually I caved and tried it. How could ‘America’s Number One Mascara’ let me down?

As soon as I opened the tube to try it out it became clear I wasn't going to love it - the brush is small and has widely-spaced bristles which just clumps my lashes together. Trying to separate and fan out my lashes using the wand resulted in poked eyes on more then one occasion.

After the eventual application my lashes still looked quite limp, as the wet formula gives no volume or length to my lashes. During the day I noticed that my lashes looked limp, and the mascara had started to flake a bit.

On the plus side; this mascara is easy to remove, and is cheap. If you prefer a natural look, the this may be worth checking out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by vivalalita

This was everyone's first mascara in junior high. Oh those blissful junior high days of baby blue eyeshadow and blush overload craze.. yuck. And that's exactly how I feel about this mascara. How is it even being manufactured? Who buys this?? This stuff is the equivalent to a lash tint. No length, no volume, no curl. It just cremes onto your lashes and the equally crappy brush brushes your lashes together in a lash related clump disaster. Terrible terrible terrible!! This would be great for someone with amazing eyelashes who just wants color, or someone like junior high me, a young foolish girl who could afford nothing else and knew no better.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by qhqy

Kinda don't understand why this mascara is so raved about. The wand isn't great, neither is the formula. It doesn't hold my curl well and it's so wet. The wand is so small and the bristles are so separated they don't give me volume or length! It's been around since the 70s/80s I believe which I don't get why it's such a cult classic- maybe the bottle and it's colours? Not sure. I love maybelline mascaras but somehow this one isn't for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Boujie88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I will NEVER understand why this mascara consistently gets great reviews from makeup artists. It's just awful. Every now and again, I break down, buy it and try it just to see if it's as bad as I remember - and it always is.
It takes forever and a day to dry, makes my lashes hard, and it does nothing to length or thicken. I just don't get the hype. Blech.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by aquaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I honestly have no idea why this is a supposed "cult classic" beauty item. It takes so long to dry, and therefore ends up everywhere if you so happen to blink when applying. It's pretty clumpy too. There are so many better drugstore mascaras out there. However, some of my friends still swear by this stuff, so who knows.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by peacebeautylove

I was in need of a mascara and saw this and my local drug store and saw this and though "Ooh this is cheap and the other maybelline mascaras are good". I bought this mascara in brownish black. The packaging isn't very appealing. In my opinion it looked kind of cheap and tacky. The brush is small and thin so not much product was actually applied onto the eyelashes. This mascara is called "Great lash" but to me it was "No lash". It hardly made any difference to the appearance of my lashes. I bought this in water-proof but it still smudged during the day. I was very disappointed because I wasted my time even applying it because it hardly made any difference at all.
I honestly don't have anything else to say about it other than it didn't lengthen, volumize or make my lashes look "great".

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Heelsblog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been reading a few reviews about this mascara and overall it seemed pretty positive so I thought I would check it out. However after using it I wasn't impressed, the brush is very thin so you don't really get much mascara on it to apply to your lashes. It doesn't clump which is a plus but overall there was barely a difference and I wouldn't be purchasing again.
Check out my other reviews on my blog =]
heelsssss.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by MellyRocker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

omg those pics are nothing compared to the volume i get. you just gotta put a lotta coats.

ive never loved a mascara this much. its AWESOME.

its my HG mascara. apply a little for more natural look, or a lot for a more glam look.

i love both the curled and regular version of this forumla/wand. awesome.

UPDATE: I will say though that its waaayyy easier to get a more full look with the curled version of this formula. Use this one for a more natural look.