December 20, 2014 | 1751 users online

Body Scrubs - Tree Hut - Tree Hut Brazilian Nut Sugar Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Smells Wonderful! Exfoliates well, its made with organic Shea butter
contains avocado oil among some of the great ingredients.
Inexpensive and now my staple sugar scrub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First the bad: I hate the smells of the Tree Hut Shea Scrubs!!!

Now the good: I'll put up with the smell for the effects and the price. It's great. I use a tub of this every three to four weeks. I keep it in the shower and use it as a body and leg scrub at least four times a week. It leaves my skin feeling great, never sticky, and moisturized from the shea butter.

It doesn't really get messy and I use it up quickly so it never turns gross but I do need to clean the shower more frequently because it does seem to encourage ugly scum in the splash zone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

O how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

1. cheap at Walmart

2. the smell is DIVINE - chocolate, nut caramel MMMMMMMM

3. not too greasy, leaves my skin soft, not slimy

4. oil doesn't leave residue on my bath towel that disintegrates into a foul odor (I'm looking at you Bodycology - love your gardenia scent, don't love that it lingers and turns foul on my towels)

5. keeps the KP on my arms at bay - they are so soft/smooth now!

6. no parabens

I do use a small wooden spoon to scoop out = easier to handle in shower.

HG material!!!

UPDATE 02-01-10 - in light of the most recent review that talks about her Walmart not carrying it anymore, I thought I would mention I have also seen it at Ulta...just a thought...:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

love love love this sugar scrub! I've been looking for a new scrub for about a year, since my 2 favorite scrubs were discontinued or impossible to find (Origins Spice Odyssey and L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Pre-Self-Tanning). I've gone through what feels like 20 scrubs only to be disappointed in one way or another. I want my scrub scrubbie, but not to the point it rips your skin off. It should last until I rinse it off and not dissolve instantly, and it should leave my skin moisturized but not slimy (I detest scrubs swimming in oil), and of course it should smell divine. This scrub meets all those requirements and then some, but only if I use it dry. Otherwise the sugar scrubbies melt almost instantly when the water hits. It smells like rich, buttery caramel. Its super thick and gooey when you first put it on. I use it before I shower on dry skin. Its so thick I have to grab a scoop, rub it slightly between my hands to distribute, then pat it on the area I'm working on. You have to rub in very small, ight circles (no need to work) 'cuz its so scrubbie and so thick. Takes about 10 min from toes to neck. Then I jump into the shower and rinse. It rinses quickly, easily, and completely without any any residue left behind, yet my skin feels so soft, smooth and glass like, and moisturized its amazing. And the feeling lasts for days! My skin has a tendency to get itchy and prickly but this leaves my skin perfectly comfortable. And its only $7 for 18oz at Drugstore.com. Really a great scrub!

INGREDIENTS: Sucrose, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Silica, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil Nut) Seed Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Fragrance, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, DMDM Hydantoin, Carmel

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not the worst, not the best. While this does exfoliate, it's not as moisturizing as I like a scrub to be. I prefer bath and body works salt scrubs and Trader Joes scrubs to this one. This smells pretty good but I guess I like more of a fruity and refreshing scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I bought this on a whim a few months back at Wal-Mart and I'm so glad I did. Not only is it cheap, it really is a good sugar scrub. Kinda oily but just enough so that when I dry off I'm nice and moisturized. I love the scent of the Brazilian Nut. It's hard to describe but nutty is a good word for it. It almost smells a little like coffee in my opinion. I bought the shea body spray in Hawaiian Kukuai and I love that too. I'm looking forward to trying other scents/products from this line. What a find!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by swanlake107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loooove this! Usually sugar scrubs are greasy and oily, but even though this has mineral oil in it, it's not greasy at all. The scent is love it or hate it, and I love it. It's an earthy, coffee, nutty scent and it's rather strong. Comes in a big tub, it's dirt cheap, and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up @ Ulta, and oh my gosh I absolutely lurve this! It smells somewhere between a hot chocolate and coffee. I actually use this lightly on my face, and it works so well. My skin feels baby smooth afterwards, and gets rid of those skin flakes that winter time causes. My newest HG of scrubs.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by janerenae72

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing scrub. First, the smell is absolutely divine. Of course, some may not agree, but I love it. I use it every morning in the shower. First, I slather it all over my legs, and then shave off the scrub and have the smoothest legs ever. Then I scrub everywhere else. I also don't even have to use a moisturizer after I get out of the shower. The scrub does not leave a filmy residue on my skin. It may feel a little abrasive the first time or two you use it, but it gets better as your skin becomes more exfoliated. It is pretty cheap, about $6 for 18 ounces. I found it at Walmart, but have also seen it a few grocery stores as well. They do have it in other scents, but Brazilian nut is the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I have found my new scrub! Finding a scrub that isn't oily is quite a task. I found this at Ulta, and the price is very good. The smell is very strong, and sweet. It's like brown sugar and caramel.