MAC 227 Large Fluff Brush

4.8

brush hair very good

on 9/30/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I adore this brush. Its great for putting a highlight color on your brow bone, and blending out harsh lines. Defintly a must have brush.

on 8/28/2009 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this brush because of the exceptional reviews it got on MUA and Youtube. At first I was a bit skeptical because of the size in relation to size of my small lids.. but once I got to experimenting with the brush, loved it! Its great for highlighting, blending my contour and highlight colors, this is definately an all over shader. The bristles are very dense and soft, It also worked well for me as a highlighter!

on 8/27/2009 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I abs. Love this brush!! This has densely packed bristle for picking up the right amount of product and precise application!! I use this as my highlight brush. I usually put on my highlight last and when I do, this brush will do my blending for me. I really don't use the 224 for blending that much, because the 227 does a great job of it. I will be applying my highlight, but AT THE SAME TIME, this brush does the blending as well!! highly recommend for anyone who is building their mac brush collection! definitely a must have tho for everyone!!

on 8/24/2009 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Been searching for a fluffy brush to color my whole eyelid with a wash of dark brown (as for shadow). I have asian eyes (not hollowed), which lacks depth. I find that using a dark chocolate tone looks more natural rather than piling up beige/taupe shadow. In order to have a wash effect, I used to use a small blush brush that came free with an old compact. I went to the MAC counter & the SA suggested this. Although the size/fluffiness is okay, I feel that it's too dense (hair packed too tight) to have a washed effect. I need to practice a light hand in applying this. I haven't used it as a highlighter yet, as others here suggested. I need to wash out the dark brown first before trying it as a hightlighter for the cheekbones/temples.

on 7/31/2009 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

this brush is pure genius. i use it for concealer to get an awesome, full, airbrushed coverage. i use it for browbone highlight for a natural blend and because it fits perfectly, i use it apply a wash of color all over my eye since it picks up a nice amount of product and it's big enough, and to highlight that C around the eyes, on the cheekbone and to highlight areas like the bridge of my nose or upper lip.

super, super, super multi-useful brush. adore it

I bought this brush because of the reviews. however, I'm not so happy with the brush, mostly because i don't get much use out of it. I have so many other brushes that can do the same thing that this brush does. I've only used this for highlighting and don't think it's a brilliant brush for that purpose.
it is, however, great for blending out harsh lines, and it gets the job done quickly. great for all over color, etc... but not worth the price.
i ended up selling the brush and am content with not having it. it had been sitting in my brush roll for a long time anyway.

on 7/14/2009 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because of the good reviews on MUA and I'm so glad that I did. It is a large, soft and densly packed brush that can be used for highlighter anywhere on the face, for applying lid colour up to the brow bone or blending out a harsh crease colour. 'It sounds like these jobs can be done just as well with others brushes from cheaper brands right?'...........well that's what I thought but I was very wrong.....This is the best blender and highlight brush ever and does a superior job in less time than any other brush I've used. I got this at a UK CCO for 15 but would happily have paid full price if I'd have known how fantastic it was. Also. I don't have very much space between my crease and brow but this still fits in perfectly. Would buy agin if I lost mine which I hope I never do!

on 7/13/2009 9:31:00 AM

for me, I use #227 to apply base color all over the lids and highlight the brow bone.
It is easy to blend out the harsh line than other brush for its dense and large size.
I am now using this everyday for my eye makeup.

on 6/23/2009 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I adore this brush. I initially bought this thinking I would be able to use it to apply color all over my lid, but I found it to be a bit big for that. I don't mind though because it's the perfect brush for applying a highlight color. I use it every day for that purpose. I don't know how I lived without it! It's so soft and fluffy. A must have!

on 5/30/2009 7:03:00 PM

227 has become my new favorite brush.
It is a multi-functional. I use it to apply base color all over the lids. It takes less work to blend out the harsh line than other blending brush like 217 for its large size. I also use it to highlight. In my opinion, it is a must have. highly recommend it to everyone.