April 16, 2014 | 874 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by PCA05KAT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the good reviews on MUA and I'm so glad that I did. It is a large, soft and densly packed brush that can be used for highlighter anywhere on the face, for applying lid colour up to the brow bone or blending out a harsh crease colour. 'It sounds like these jobs can be done just as well with others brushes from cheaper brands right?'...........well that's what I thought but I was very wrong.....This is the best blender and highlight brush ever and does a superior job in less time than any other brush I've used. I got this at a UK CCO for 15 but would happily have paid full price if I'd have known how fantastic it was. Also. I don't have very much space between my crease and brow but this still fits in perfectly. Would buy agin if I lost mine which I hope I never do!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by lowbka

for me, I use #227 to apply base color all over the lids and highlight the brow bone.
It is easy to blend out the harsh line than other brush for its dense and large size.
I am now using this everyday for my eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by algreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this brush. I initially bought this thinking I would be able to use it to apply color all over my lid, but I found it to be a bit big for that. I don't mind though because it's the perfect brush for applying a highlight color. I use it every day for that purpose. I don't know how I lived without it! It's so soft and fluffy. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by juju1213

227 has become my new favorite brush.
It is a multi-functional. I use it to apply base color all over the lids. It takes less work to blend out the harsh line than other blending brush like 217 for its large size. I also use it to highlight. In my opinion, it is a must have. highly recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've never dithered so much about buying a MAC brush before. It was on my list of lemmings for about a year. I was worried it would be too big for eye mu and too small for face mu. And... it's neither. I really like this brush. Don't use it every day, but it's great for applying highlight to the browbone, blending out the crease, and also applying highlighter to the cheekbones. Nice sturdy bristles, not too soft and floppy. One of the pricier MAC eye brushes, but a worthwhile buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! How have I lived for this long without this miracle, do-all brush?! The 227 is AMAZING. It's always one of those brushes I've admired from afar but always thought I didn't really need it. Then one day I had the extra money and figured "why not?" so I bought it and at first, was really intimidated by the size. My usual two everyday brushes are the MAC 217 and 239, so you can imagine why the size was sorta strange at first!
But then I got used to the size and realize how important this brush really is and does play a crucial role in my eye makeup! It's perfect for highlight colors, and a quick application of color to my lids when I'm in a hurry too. It also blends well! Before at the MAC counter, I had one of the artists used this to apply MAC Prep & Prime to my face and also used it to contour my cheeks.
I do believe that the 227 is a must have, especially if you are serious about your MAC makeup brushes like Iam! I do find that it's pricey but I really enjoy this brush and can't imagine doing my eye makeup without it now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Krisababy

This is my new favourite Mac brush, I just purchased it a few days ago after seeing so many good reviews and I have to say it lives up to its promise. Its amazing for highlighting brows, cheekbones and applying all over colour to the lid if youre feeling lazy or in a rush. Definitely lives up to the hype and I would recommend this for everyone, since I have gotten it I have used it everyday and I imagine that will be the way itll be for a long time, I used to have trouble with highlighting my brow bone, Id have to keep reapplying as one coat with a different brush was too sheer or looked patchy, then when applying more coats could end up looking too much, so this brush is perfect for the browbone as one coat of highlight colour is all that is required. I know it is expensive but in my eyes Mac brushes are an investment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

I've been using this to highlight my browbone and cheekbones and I love it! I have yet to use it to put colour onto my lid but I would imagine on those days where I'm running late I could just throw the shadow on with this one. I also use it a little bit for blending. Love this brush, and is a must have for anyone looking to expand their brush collection :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Tiggerbear

I love the 227 brush so much that I bought a backup. It blends away all the harsh lines in no time flat. I apply pigment eyeshadow on the whole eye area in one swoop and I'm done. I've never encountered a problem with dye bleeding from the bristle as the reviewer below mentioned.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ricquettaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush because of the exceptional reviews it got on MUA and Youtube. At first I was a bit skeptical because of the size in relation to size of my lid but once I got the hang of its largness I loved it! Its excellent for apply highlight, blending your contour and highlight colors, all over shader. The bristles are very dense and soft so packing on colour is no problem.

This brush is really versatile although it may not seem so at first. Its cute to...its like the little giant of the eye brushes.