December 20, 2014 | 985 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Lips- Dolly

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by HRC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first got this as a free sample and now I can't live without this color. It's this perfect cool plum shade, ot too dark not too sheer. I already loved buxum lip gloss and this is one of my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by achatterton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this lip gloss based on a friends advise. Being a lip gloss junkie, I've already tried plumping lip glosses and have found the effect to be minimal at best. This gloss was no different for me. However, I do happen to love the tingly feeling from these glosses so I continue to buy them. I absolutely loved this gloss specifically for the color. I love the look of pale pinks but they often turn out to be 'too pink'. This one is more on the brown/nuetral side. I love it. While it is on the expensive side, the tube is large. I will most likely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by pslovetoshop

(I completely agree with emalove's rave review below.) This is the first time I'm using Bare Escentuals Buxom lipgloss and boy, am i glad I discovered this. Its great--> plumps up the lips making fine lines less visible, adds a very subtle/barely-there color, lasts fairly long and is big (so should last a while). This is the one lipgloss i ALWAYS carry with me. Most definately would re-purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by emalove

This is my HG lip gloss, hands down! Since I have discovered Buxom glosses, I have been very, very loyal to them, and Dolly is by far my favorite shade! I am fair-skinned with cool undertones, and I think Dolly is the PERFECT neutral lip shade for me. It's a soft mauve-plum shade that, on me, is a my-lips-but-better shade. It instantly brightens my face and makes me look polished, but in a very natural way. Most neutral lip colors tend to wash me out, but Dolly has just enough color to be natural but still give some oomph at the same time. I really think it is the best neutral gloss I've found for fair to light skinned girls.

And if you want to try some other gorgeous Buxom shades, I also adore Lola, Destiny, Brandi, and Trixie!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I bought this because I like Buxom Lips Sugar so much. However, I wanted one that was more of a cool nude, as well, since Sugar is a warm nude on me. Love this lip gloss very much. I like the flavor, and like the tingly lips; it looks great, is not goopy, and, even with the price, is fast becoming my favorite lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous nudey plum as described. Shimmer is hardly detectable but I don't care cause the color is just to die for! Neutral without washing you out and the formula is divine. Thick and creamy and lasts a long time on me. Plumping? Not so much but I don't care about that. Fabulous color and totally worth a try for those standout eye days or when you're in sweats.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 9:23:00 AM More reviews by geribugle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good colour. Neutral on pigmented lips. Mauve colour. Has a creamy scent to it.
Love love love the applicator. It feels just right. Tried a few other brands as well but somehow this just applies on my lips perfectly. Formula is pretty decent as well. The minty feeling stayed with me for 2 hours! Plumping action looks legit to me although very slight effect.
I suggest buying this lipgloss only if you are going for the minty effect, cheaper per oz compared to MAC plushglass but still pricey for lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by discoredhd

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great rose neutral color, and I do notice the slight tingle and plumping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by midnightlouise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A very pretty mauve/plum lipgloss with a lovely minty feel. Made my lips cold but in a refreshing, not annoying, way. The texture is hard to describe, it's kind of sticky yet still has plenty of "slip". Staying power is on par with any other lipgloss I've tried. Definitely one of my go-to colors. It's hard to go wrong with this one. (NW15)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yes, I love this one, too. I'm beginning to sound like a BE shill despite the fact that I'm not a fan of most of their products. I've just never found a lipgloss that really, really works for me in every way--texture, look, staying power, feel on the lips, conditioning, etc., so I'm infatuated with these. Dolly is a beautiful cool mauve with touches of brown and pink that keep it from being uber-girly. This one leaves a bit of stain behind which makes my lips look great all day. I usually reapply three times throughout the course of the day, but these feel and smell so good I don't mind, and that's not bad considering I'm usually sipping at something most of the day. Highly recommended!