Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips- Dolly

4.3

on 1/20/2010 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like the tingly sensation this lip gloss gives your lips.
Its a nice color too, as everyone else has described it, as a plumy, mauve, neutral color.
I so far only have this color and katie, so when i want more color in my lips i will put on this lip gloss.

Even though it is a nice color i don't think it is the right color for me, i gave it 5 stars because i really like it, but do not think that i would buy this color again, i would like to try more of the buxom colors and find a better shade for myself.

on 1/12/2010 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love pretty much all Buxoms for the same reason everyone else has stated. Dolly is sort of a weird shade for me, though. While in the tube, itís a gorgeous mauve that looks like it would look great on anyone. It looks great on me for a while, brightens up my face and looks the gorgeous mauve it is in the tube. After a while, though, as it fades, it ends up looking very Barbie pink on me and makes me look clownish. Maybe itís just the lighting Iím seeing it in. But if it truly looks this way on me once it starts fading, then I have to say that itís not one of my favorite Buxom shades.

on 12/9/2009 6:53:00 PM

I first got this as a free sample and now I can't live without this color. It's this perfect cool plum shade, ot too dark not too sheer. I already loved buxum lip gloss and this is one of my favorites.

on 12/6/2009 11:37:00 AM

I tried this lip gloss based on a friends advise. Being a lip gloss junkie, I've already tried plumping lip glosses and have found the effect to be minimal at best. This gloss was no different for me. However, I do happen to love the tingly feeling from these glosses so I continue to buy them. I absolutely loved this gloss specifically for the color. I love the look of pale pinks but they often turn out to be 'too pink'. This one is more on the brown/nuetral side. I love it. While it is on the expensive side, the tube is large. I will most likely purchase again.

on 11/26/2009 1:35:00 AM

(I completely agree with emalove's rave review below.) This is the first time I'm using Bare Escentuals Buxom lipgloss and boy, am i glad I discovered this. Its great--> plumps up the lips making fine lines less visible, adds a very subtle/barely-there color, lasts fairly long and is big (so should last a while). This is the one lipgloss i ALWAYS carry with me. Most definately would re-purchase this.

on 11/13/2009 9:51:00 PM

This is my HG lip gloss, hands down! Since I have discovered Buxom glosses, I have been very, very loyal to them, and Dolly is by far my favorite shade! I am fair-skinned with cool undertones, and I think Dolly is the PERFECT neutral lip shade for me. It's a soft mauve-plum shade that, on me, is a my-lips-but-better shade. It instantly brightens my face and makes me look polished, but in a very natural way. Most neutral lip colors tend to wash me out, but Dolly has just enough color to be natural but still give some oomph at the same time. I really think it is the best neutral gloss I've found for fair to light skinned girls.

And if you want to try some other gorgeous Buxom shades, I also adore Lola, Destiny, Brandi, and Trixie!

on 10/28/2009 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I like Buxom Lips Sugar so much. However, I wanted one that was more of a cool nude, as well, since Sugar is a warm nude on me. Love this lip gloss very much. I like the flavor, and like the tingly lips; it looks great, is not goopy, and, even with the price, is fast becoming my favorite lip gloss.

on 10/9/2009 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Gorgeous nudey plum as described. Shimmer is hardly detectable but I don't care cause the color is just to die for! Neutral without washing you out and the formula is divine. Thick and creamy and lasts a long time on me. Plumping? Not so much but I don't care about that. Fabulous color and totally worth a try for those standout eye days or when you're in sweats.

on 8/7/2009 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good colour. Neutral on pigmented lips. Mauve colour. Has a creamy scent to it.
Love love love the applicator. It feels just right. Tried a few other brands as well but somehow this just applies on my lips perfectly. Formula is pretty decent as well. The minty feeling stayed with me for 2 hours! Plumping action looks legit to me although very slight effect.
I suggest buying this lipgloss only if you are going for the minty effect, cheaper per oz compared to MAC plushglass but still pricey for lipgloss.

on 8/1/2009 10:49:00 PM

Great rose neutral color, and I do notice the slight tingle and plumping.

Recommended for Medium Skin