July 22, 2014 | 1265 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - 10hr Sleep Effect

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by chelleywhite

This foundation reminds me of the Agnes b foudations I loved years ago (before they were, inevitably, discontinued).
    It's a very liquidy silk foundation which provides light coverage, so will only look right if you have pretty clear skin or a really perfect concealer. I'd recommend this for people in my age group (36 and up) because we're past the "teenage skin" phase and are often in desperate need of either ten hours sleep, or the dewy, glowy skin we once had. Happily, this foundation allows me to fake it brilliantly!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by caaliite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The best drugstore foundation I've ever tried! And I've tried lots!

First, I had a sample of Lancomes Teint Miracle. I fell so in love with it and wanted to buy it but in Europe it is sooo expensive, ~40 Euro, which is roughly 60 dollars. So I wanted to find a decent drugstore equivalent, and voila! Absolutely amazing. Really gives a nice glow. I have a pretty good skin normally but sometimes (in winter) I have some dry spots, some oily areas, sometimes even redness around my nose. So... it was really good on my dry areas, lasted the whole day, did not look flaky at all. I do not recommend it only if you have VERY oily skin, otherwise I think you should try it. If you have combination skin like me, on your T-zone just use powder over the foundation to set it, then it is also not going to look shiny. I really can say that my skin has never looked this good in winter. Oh and I tried the second lightest shade and it was perfect, not a hint of pink, which is great, as I have slightly yellow undertones

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by kokonotchanel

For a drugstore foundation this comes in a good choice of shades, although not quite pale enough for me its close enough for casual wear. I find that it does make my skin look fresher and healthier and gives a very natural finish. Provides light to meduim coverage so a good concealer is necessary for blemished skin. Overall a great budget buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by lpiao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Edit: It oxidizes, which mean ewww, muddy looking skin

This is a good product if you already have good skin, and just want a dewy look.

It is a light coverage foundation I'd say. It did not cover any of blemishes, and I have to layer it on twice before it evened out my skin tone a bit. I have acne and acne scars.

It does not last well on the skin, I have dry combination skin. By lunch time, I do not see it on my face anymore.

It also have a funny smell, reminds me of what gradmas would used to wear. So stay away if you are sensitive to smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by myrubyslippers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm quite pale and while this is not a perfect match for my skin tone I absolutely love the way it makes my skin look. I tend to use it as an every day foundation especially when I am in a rush in the mornings and I don't have time to make a extra special effort. I have also gotten lots of compliments on how nice my skin looks when I use it!
    The only really big downside is the staying power,two or three hours and its hardly there.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by westlass

I really wanted to like this product, but it didn't work for me. Plus points: it feels light and fresh on the skin and has a sheer finish (it smells strongly of apricot, which is a bit disconcerting at first, but it fades). Negatives: despite applying a minimal amount of foundation, with a light dusting of Boots No7 translucent powder over the top, my skin was shiny within a couple of hours (I had primer underneath, but no moisturiser). So I applied a little more powder and the same thing happened again within an hour or two. I do have oily skin, but I was surprised at the shininess. Not good when you're working all day, especially for nearly a tenner. Ah, well, back to the drawing board.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by hellobird

This foundation is better than some of the other cheap drugstore options but doesn't stay in place and gives poor coverage. The shade was OK but even the palest shades were a little too orange for my skin tone.

The main reasons I stopped using this foundation is because it didn't last very long on my skin throughout the day and had a patchy coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I'm surpised at the rave reviews! Whilst I don't think this is a terrible foundation, it is nothing special. I find it pretty pricey for the amount & quality you get. I'm an NC40/42 and there is no good colour match for me; I tried Abricote which is very orange toned, and Rose which is very pink toned. There are no tan shades with golden or yellow undertones, which sucks. I see a lot of the lighter skinned ladies are finding good colour matches though. Obviously, this foundation does not cater to women darker than NC40/42 well.

The ingridients are very pore clogging - this foundation contains lots of silicones (which can be problematic for sensitive skins), quite a fair amount of salt/sodium chloride (can be drying), fragrance (irritant) and alcohol denat (very bad and drying for skin). If you have sensitive/acne prone skin I would urge you to stay away. I rarely break out, but I got breakouts on my cheeks and chin from this foundation, despite cleansing it off thoroughly each night.

The smell is very overpowering and artificial - like melting plastic and apricots. Euuggggh. The smell lingers on my face for hours and annoys me. I have pretty good skin so don't need much coverage; this foundation offers pretty light coverage so was fine for me. If you have blemishes, you might want to skip this or pair it with concealer.

Lasting power isn't that good - it lasts maybe 4 or 5 hours on my face before it starts fading and going patchy/streaky. I wouldn't repurchase this.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by charb3

Love the consistency of this foundation. Beware... some of the colours are too orange. I use number 73 and find that it suits my skin type perfectly. It is a sheer coverage formulation but if you have normal skin it just gives a flawless finish. I do follow it up with HD microfinish powder to avoid the bit of shine that I get on my forhead/nose. So far so good... not going to say the HG word! Literally melts into my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by fatisil

You really feel fresh when you apply it... I believe it is a sensation on your skin and the very clean fruity smell. Goes on very smoothly... in summary: it is enjoyable to apply. After that: it is very sheer, very shinny (by which i mean it accentuates the oily parts of the face, it's probably better for someone with a dry skin), and goes away in a few hours (even with a setting powder). In conclusion: it is a fabulous foundation on this price range!! (not exactly dirt cheap, about 14 Euro, if I remember correctly). But... even in this price range there are better products (Maybelline SuperStay Silky comes to minds ;)).