November 20, 2014 | 1885 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

This lip balm is ok - not bad but not great either. Moisturises fine and has a very very slight pink tint to it, but I feel like I have to reapply often.
It has no spf, so you can't use it outside.
It's about 3.50 which is a bit expensive for it to not work that well.
I do prefer it to the Acai Berry one, purely because it has a better smell and a slight tint, but I won't be repurchasing either of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by monicaking77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my hg lip balm. I love how it tastes and smells. It's very mild but not waxy tasting like a lot of mild scented/flavored lip balms. It also moisturizes my lips very well, and feels really comfortable to wear. The other fruit flavors are great too, but this one and the mango one are my favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by adeleseddie

i can't stand this stuff!

okay to start i was so exsited to try this after hearing raves about it from just about everyone. so when i picked up i was hoping i'd fall in love like everyone else but sadly it didn't work.

to start the packaging is just ugly! if i didn't know what it was i'd think it was honey in a stick with the ugly guy. and the stick it self looks gross

then i sniffed it and it smelled like a rotten tomato! i knew i could withstand it if it was really that amazing but sadly it wasn't at all!

it made my lips worse and went on like a rubber muffin! not creamy and didn't work! it was awful.

6 months later i try it again i decide maybe i got a bad one and it was on sale.

honestly i'd pick a zero if i could HUGE waste of money

it wasn't better i think it was even worse

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

i love it. it does the job. the scent isnt so strong and really difficult to describe. the balm itself appears to be a very deep red but swatched and applied there is no tint left. so i find it weird people complaining about how there's no color when no where on the tube says it's supposed to be a tinted lip balm... the packaging itself is sorta cheap, just a pop off cap and you can twist the balm up and down. it leaves a slight shine after applied. my lips always feel moisturized with this on. definitley repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

Ingredients: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), punica granatum (pomegranate) oil, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool

Carmine is used for color, and no artificial frgrance.

As Dr. Oz suggests for use on lips, this contains coconut oil and lanolin (a fatty substance obtained from wool).

A slight tint and amazing smell, it's like an energizing and exotic hippie scent (no, doesn't smell like pomegranate...pomegranate doesn't smell like anything IMO).

As soon as I applied my previously very peely and cracked lips turned soft. I'm hoping this balm isn't 'addictive' like Chapstick--if I don't apply it for a few hours and my lips peel I will update this review. You should let it work its magic for three days first though. Judging from the good ingredients that won't happen.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i have heard a lot about burt's bees, but i am not wowed by this product. it smells weird and tastes like soap. although the color is nice and natural i wouldnt buy it again. the only thing that comforts me is to know that its 100% natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Kaijia

I really, really wanted to like Burt's Bees lip balms, but unfortunately they just do not work on me. I honestly feel as though this is making my lips drier.

A shame, particularly as the tint is very nice- subtle enough to redden your lips totally naturally.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE! after having a pretty terrrible experience with eos lipbalms, I decided to check out this lovely stuff. It is soooo moisturizing and creamy, I love it! It smells good, has a tiny bit of a tint but not too much, it seems like it lasts forever on my lips, and I love the fact that it has natural ingredients and is good for my lips! Definitely buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

OMGZ i love this lip balm! i have been searching for my HG lip balm forever, and i love, love, love this! after having yet another bad reaction to some chapstick i recently bought, i have into the hype and bought this. it is freaking amazing! just on saturday, the corners of my lips cracked (so disgusting). but today, my lips look completely back to normal, and its because of this! it is so moisturizing for me, and makes my lips feel so soft and supple! it also lasts for a long time and i dont have to reapply every half hour. unlike a lot of chapsticks that did moisturize my lips, this did NOT dry the skin around my lips. it also gives me a slightly rosy color, which i love. the smell can be strange at first, but i actually like it now. the only thing that i found weird was that it had a waxy feel on my lips, but im pretty sure thats because it doesnt have all the artificial chemicals and crap, and it goes away reasonably fast and leaves my lips so smooth and soft. it is kind of expensive for only .15 oz, but it was so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is exactly what I want in a balm with a bit of color to it. One light swipe and enough color for ME, anyway. It's even enough to leave the house with. The other BB lip shimmers deposited much too much color, no matter how little I applied.
Some posters have mentioned the scent or taste - I found nothing unpleasant about this balm.

I can see where a stick will last for ages, so it's pretty economical. Fingers don't touch it either, so it's easy to carry in a purse and apply with no mess.

This is something I can use on my lips with NO MIRROR. I can just swipe it and feel confident. I think I'd give up all my other lippies in favor of this one, if I had to.

I'm using up those other BB lip shimmers as a cuticle oiler before bed!!