September 17, 2014 | 756 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Simple - Conditioning Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

This is my go to emur. I use this when i cannot pick up my no7 emur with a 5GBP off voucher. Its really gentle, i find it removes all my eye make up well and its cheap!! It doesnt sting or isnt oily, which is what i dislike the most about the no7 one. Infact im going into town this week and going to pick these up theyre on 3 for 2. Retails in boots 2.93GBP for one. Im suprised at the negative reviews, i really like it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lovepigeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This does not do its job! Even when using lots of this product I am still left with lots of make up under my eyes that this simply will not shift no matter how much I use, I think the only way this would get it off would be if you applied lots of pressure as well but obviously do not want to be doing this with the skin under your eyes. I will return to using the body shop chamomile emur as it worked perfectly for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2009 5:39:00 AM More reviews by TinkyBlink

Retails in at about 2.99 in the UK, so about average. I was expecting good things from this with it being Simple and their wipes being so good, but alas, I didn't get the results I wanted! It kind of almost pushed some of the makeup into my skin so afterwards I would be left with visible streaks of eyeliner or eyeshadow round my eye that wouldnt come off if I used more product. It also faired VERY poorly with waterproof mascara which I wasnt expecting due to the simple wipes doing well at this.
I finished the bottle because I didnt want to waste it when times were tight but I wont bother buying again. Have now replaced it with some facial wipes which I bought in a bundle of three packs from a 99p store. Until I can afford to get something which is perhaps a little more gentle on the skin i'll be sticking with these wipes because they worked SO much better than this stuff did, no joke. It actually took off all my eyemake up AND mascara with great ease.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by mumblebumble

This product was proclaimed as a good beauty product by several magazines, and due to the affordable price of only 5USD, I was very inclined to try this out.

However, I must say this has to be one of the worst eye makeup remover I have tried so far. I gave it one lippy for the price and the watery oil-free consistency which I liked.

It did remove most of my eyeshadow and brow color but was terrible when it came to my NON water-proof mascara. The black residue you usually see on the cotton pad was not at all evident, not even after pressing a soaked cotton pad against the lid for 10 sec and wiping it numerous times!

I would have used water and saved the 5 dollars if I wanted an eye makeup remover that only works on eye shadows.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2009 8:53:00 AM More reviews by pinkpixey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found it didn't remove mascara well, it just took too long and too much work. When a bit of it got in my eye it stung like hell!! It's cheap but that's about the only good thing about it, I definately won't be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by carrie94

I love this product! Its definaltey the best eye makeup remover Ive used. Its really gentle on my eyes as a contact lens wearer and doesnt sting. I can remove my eye makeup off with my contacts in when using this. It removes stubborn makeup easily. The only thing that took a little bit longer to remove with this is the Urban Decay 24/7 liners but other then that its great!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by aqua2291

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

would i buy this product again? NO!!!!! i thought because it was simple, it would be gentle and stuff - no way. this burned like crazy. seriously. it said that it won some award - the people must have felt sorry for them so they lied cause i sure didnt see why they would like it. it BURNT!!!!! after i removed my makeup, i would get these burning sensations at intervals, and i didnt know what it was. i then realised it was my make up remover. now, i use it to clean my brushes. its good and removes makeup brillantly, but it burns too much!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2008 7:09:00 AM More reviews by inca311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually remove my eye makeup with Grapeseed oil. But as I recently ran out I thought this would be a handy 'go to' for the time being.
Seemed to work fine at first, it removed all my eye makeup (non waterproof) and didn't sting. But after a few days the skin around my eyes was feeling sore and slightly rough. It was just too drying for me.
I applied it using a dampened cotton wool pad, maybe I could get away with it using just a Q-Tip, staying away from any skin, but that's not what I want from a remover.

Overall, it's an ok product, very cheap, removes non waterproof eye makeup easily enough. But I'm not impressed by the conditioning claims.
I'm back with my trusted Grapeseed oil now, and sticking with it.
Won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly my situation is almost the same as MayChan88 below. I use Lancome Hypnose (non waterproof) and am a contact lens wearer and yes, I agree. This makeup remover doesn't do its job as well. The first time I used it, somehow a little bit got into my eyes and it stung soooo bad!! My eyes were literally red and teary! I had to force my eyes to open while I pour liberal amount of saline solution into my eyes to cleanse them and finally gave them some eye drops. So much for "safe for contact lens wearers".

In terms of removing makeup - meh. All I use are non-waterproof mascara, waterproof eyeliner, eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil and of course, foundation and powder. It removes foundation and powder very well... but not my eye makeup. It takes such a long time to properly clean them! I've switched to L'Oreal Gentle Waterproof Eye and Lip Makeup Remover and it's better.

Definitely won't be repurchasing again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by estrella79

This is great value for money, and I buy it again and again. It doesn't sting my eyes, and removes all traces of make up - mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow. No panda eyes in the morning like with some others that leave traces.
It didn't shift waterproof Lancome mascara, but since it's not an oil based product, I wouldn't expect it to.