August 21, 2014 | 1507 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by aby02

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So first off, this is my very first review and I'm glad to be finally joining the MUA community, as I find it a very useful guide when purchasing beauty products. I couldn't think of a better product to write my firs review on. This stuff is nothing short of amazing! But please remember, just because it works for me, doesnt mean it will work for everyone, it all depends on your skin type and that goes for any product really. I have TROUBLESOME skin... and when i say troublesome, I mean "pain in the a**". I have a new pimple appear on my face just about everyday cuz my skin type is combination (slightly more on the oily side on my T-zone) and sensitive (ever since I started using harsh chemicals on my skin to reduce the acne). A friend recommended that I use the Clinique 3-step system in 4, which, if anything, just worsened my acne BY ALOT. So i had to do some immediate healing and then I found this *cue the light from above and angels singing*. This is just what my skin needed, some nice and gentle TLC after all that benzyl Peroxide, clindoxyl gel AND stievamycin (which is a HUGE NO-NO for sensitive skin). Forget the creams, now I just use a mild cleanser, then use a VERY GENTLE scrub (to remove dead skin buildup, which will help skin breathe), and then a use the fresh farmacy. Little on the pricey side but it does wonders for sensitive skin :) OH and I much rather prefer this over Coalface, that broke me out as well -_-, all in all, great investment and a definite re-buy! Hope this helped, good luck guys!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by elenylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i wanted to try this product as everybody talks about it. First it is hard to use as they give you a slice of the huge thing and it could be at least 100grams. It doesnt lather like a soap so if you wet the whole thing you need to play with it in your hand for a while to get some product melted . If you dont want to use the whole product then you need to break some small parts of it in order to use it. When I get it first it was so solid and difficult to disolve with water, hard to cut, hard to apply etc. By the time I use it it has become softer with the water contact. I kept it in a container and try not to get the whole product with water most of the time. But still it carried on melting and the oil in the product seperated at the bottom of the container. left was a mushy soapy creamy product which was easier to apply but still do not like this product. if a tiny drop of it goes into your eyes , it is blinding and burns your eyes to hell. it doesnt come in a container , it helps the world so what, it is hard to use it. it is a huge chunk of something that you try to wash your face with it. besides it doesnt do anything to my face, i didnt see any changes or improvements. It doesnt clean the make up on my face with a first wash, i need to wash my face at least 3 times to get rid of the make up. So lush products smell good, look good but not usable for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by katie0804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was very disappointed with this product. It's extremely drying, and I don't even have naturally dry skin. I liked the texture of the soap itself, it was very creamy, but it made my skin very dry and itchy. I would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ericayvette

Although this cleanser does not look like anything special it really has done wonders for my skin. I never knew that the harsh products I had been using to combat my acne-prone skin was doing more bad than good. My skin is also pretty sensitive so its definitly gentle but effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by searchfarah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the smell but this did not work out for me. Ii bought it when I started to notice that my head had pimples popping out and needed to change cleansers. So I bought it thinking its freshly made from natural stuff. Thank god i only bought a small wedge. I read reviews about how it would turn mushy if left wet so I cut it to s,all pieces and use one piece for every time I need to wash my face. After a while my pimples spread to my nose area and I eventually had eczema there. This is quite drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Katie486

I have dry/sensitive skin with the oilier section through the t-zone and prone to breakouts around the chin and sides of my face. I thaught I would try this because it was promoted as being a gentle cleanser that would help reduce breakouts. This product worked fine on first use and I noticed an overnight reduction in spots and redness, however by the third day using this it had started to severly burn the skin on my cheeks. My skin was red, scaling and broken capillaries started to surface! I was mortified! I instantly stopped using this product due to fear I would do permanent damage to my skin. I spent about a week repairing the damage using a very mild cleanser, deep moisturiser and rose hip oil. I have now switched to Lush's ultrabland cleanser which is much better for drier/sensitive skin and only use the fresh farmacy a few days a week and restricted to the oiler sections of my face. I am finding this is working well and the fresh farmacy has really cleared the spots, while the ultrabland has put moisture where it needs it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by nekopandaz22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily, acne-prone skin and decided to try it. While it did make my face less red, which I love, it didn't do much for my acne or my oily-ness. I'm not too keen on the smell either but I got used to it pretty quickly. It's about 10$ for a 100 mg's so it isn't too expensive, it lasts forever. Would recommend it for people who don't have oily skin. I think it would work well otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Katrinabobina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this cleanser has worked really well for me. I have been using FF for about a week, and although I usually don't review products this soon, I really felt the need to since this product has already done an absolutely fantastic job at eliminating/shrinking my pimple problems and drastically reducing redness. It is also easy to use compared to other Lush cleansers - just wet your hands, rub the bar between them, apply to a damp face, and rinse. Bam.

One thing users must be wary about is that FF does strip your skin a bit. I HIGHLY recommend using a moisturizer afterwards (which everyone, even oily skinned folk, should be doing as part of a good skincare routine, anyway *cough*). For my particular skin type, I've found FF works really well with Lush's Celestial moisturizer (and of course a toner of choice in between). Because it is so stripping, I also HIGHLY encourage users to not use FF every day, especially not twice a day... Unless you know your skin can take it. I like to alternate with Aquamarina or Ultrabland (also Lush products... I'm a little obsessed at the moment :] ). If I use FF at night, I always remove my makeup beforehand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

More than anything I was hoping to love LUSH Fresh Farmacy and for it to become my day-to-day cleanser. When I went in the store (for the first time a month ago), the only thing I was planning on purchasing was this. I ended up walking away with a $6 piece of FF, $5.50 sample of Aqua Marina, a lip scrub, and a small bottle ($8) of the tea tree toner. The only thing I'm still raving about is the tea tree toner. Except that it has parabens. Aaargh!
The FF started out working really well on my skin. It really cleansed, I felt like my face was instantly fresher, brighter- with that deep down clean every time I used this bar. It definitely dried out my skin, but I was ok with that since I am very oily and I have a plethora of nice moisturizers that solved that problem pretty easily.
Fast forward a week or so later after continued daily use, and my face had never looked worse. Okay, a few other products have made it break out this much in the past but this was really, really bad. I was getting deep cystic acne in places on my cheek for instance, that I never break out in. Frustrated yet determined, I continued to use this some more until my face had enough. I looked horrible. I've never had to wear more concealer in my life.
Bye-bye FF and my dream to make you mine forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by LaeLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Fresh Farmacy. I use quinoderm every day to keep my acne under control, however as it is BP based my skin can sometimes get a little red and sore. This bar is so soothing and makes my skin look pampered again :)
Price wise, it is a bargain as it lasts for about 4 months! I have been using this for 3 years now and if I run out my skin is unhappy within days.
To make my bar last longer, I slice it into lots of small pieces. I use one bit at a time and keep the rest carefully wrapped up in a dry drawer in my bedside table.
The shop assistant once suggested that this could be used as a face mask by mixing with a little water to form a paste and left on the face overnight. I think this would be a little too drying for my combination skin, but if you have very oily skin it might be worth trying!