October 22, 2014 | 1803 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. A few years back in high school, I decided to give this a try to tame my stubborn spots. It's quite pricey, but it definitely did its job of calming down my skin, so I stuck with it for a while. However, it is extremely messy! For this reason, I'm trying to use up my last chunk of Fresh Farmacy in the shower and not at the sink. Also, you have to keep this product wet for a bit to turn it into a paste; otherwise it's hard, crumbly, and unusable. It's really drying, too, even for my oily skin! Since my acne is a little more under control now, I don't think I'll be needing this anymore, and again, it's expensive... Now I reach for a cheap bottle of calamine lotion instead!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Masia927

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as an alternative to coal face, which was too drying for my skin. Right now I'm using this as a night time face wash (herbalism in the morning). It is less drying than coal face but it is definitely still on the dry side. It doesn't seem to tame my blemishes quite as well as coal face, but I've noticed it calms my skin a lot. My face is less red and smoother. It helps a lot with the small, fine bumps I tend to get all around my face. I have very sensitive skin and this seems to be helping with that. So far the herbalism + fresh farm is a winning combination. Oh also, make sure you rinse this stuff off well--not just off your face but off your hands and anything else it touches because the lather will often leave a chalk white residue behind.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by hannah275

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

For now this is the best cleanser that I have found for my oily/sensitive skin. I use it as a morning cleanser, followed by tea tree water toner and vanishing cream moisturiser.
Pros: it makes into a lovely lather and leaves my skin feeling thoroughly clean, smells great, good for sensitive areas of skin
Cons: only controls oil for a few hours.
I will continue to use this cleanser as it has helped sensitive skin and control blemishes, would love to find a better oil control solution though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Look, this may not be your cup of tea as a face wash, but it makes a brilliant spot treatment.

Which also makes it a lot more affordable. You only need to buy a wee block and keep it in Lush sample container! Once it gets a little wet, it softens into more of a paste. LOVE it. I even wear it overnight. Doesn't stain the sheets.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by LuvlyLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For about two years now; I have a bad breakout because of the Texas weather being hot and humid. I grew up here with weather acting up here and there but has never broken me out severely as the last two years.

I have thyroid problem since 2005 but was on and off of the levothyroxine, still didnt give me severe breakout back then. Since 2010. I have been trying to get it under control because without it my skin get severely oily now day. I have also switch my medication to SYNTHROID brand this time. It made a difference in my skin, help clearing my skin up.

My skin have reacted to something i tried an essence and broke me out since. The last two years, I have try to normalize my skin by sticking to my skin routine since highschool. IT didnt work, being so frustrated after trying so many product for neutrogena, clean and clear, olay,biore, acne.org and sephora acne controlling item like (dermadocter, first aid, ect). I even tried going to the dermatologist, she gave all the acne medicated cream that isn't helping. It only strip my skin all the
layer causing severe irittation to dust and pollen in the air. sometimes it swell up at ramdom area on my face like a bee sting.

Then i saw someone recommended using this product for their acne prone skin on youtube, so i tried it. Its been working great for me since. calming my skin and help rebuilting my skin layer. I have less skin reaction since then.

The only problem with this product is that i get more blackhead around my nose and around my mouth. NOT sure if this product causes the blackheads but is better than those painful sistic acne.
My skin like the seqeacky clean feeling. I use an extractor for those blackhead and recently incorparted Mario Baudesco Silver power for it and once a day dose of my dermadoc salisylic cleanser with my clarisonic that previously causes breakout everytime i use it before.
When i feel like my skin need a bit of brightening, i used olay total effects once or twice a week. my skin does not like to much moisterizer.I think my skin is just going through one of those adult acne phase as i am 29 now.

hope this help!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by aby02

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So first off, this is my very first review and I'm glad to be finally joining the MUA community, as I find it a very useful guide when purchasing beauty products. I couldn't think of a better product to write my firs review on. This stuff is nothing short of amazing! But please remember, just because it works for me, doesnt mean it will work for everyone, it all depends on your skin type and that goes for any product really. I have TROUBLESOME skin... and when i say troublesome, I mean "pain in the a**". I have a new pimple appear on my face just about everyday cuz my skin type is combination (slightly more on the oily side on my T-zone) and sensitive (ever since I started using harsh chemicals on my skin to reduce the acne). A friend recommended that I use the Clinique 3-step system in 4, which, if anything, just worsened my acne BY ALOT. So i had to do some immediate healing and then I found this *cue the light from above and angels singing*. This is just what my skin needed, some nice and gentle TLC after all that benzyl Peroxide, clindoxyl gel AND stievamycin (which is a HUGE NO-NO for sensitive skin). Forget the creams, now I just use a mild cleanser, then use a VERY GENTLE scrub (to remove dead skin buildup, which will help skin breathe), and then a use the fresh farmacy. Little on the pricey side but it does wonders for sensitive skin :) OH and I much rather prefer this over Coalface, that broke me out as well -_-, all in all, great investment and a definite re-buy! Hope this helped, good luck guys!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by elenylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i wanted to try this product as everybody talks about it. First it is hard to use as they give you a slice of the huge thing and it could be at least 100grams. It doesnt lather like a soap so if you wet the whole thing you need to play with it in your hand for a while to get some product melted . If you dont want to use the whole product then you need to break some small parts of it in order to use it. When I get it first it was so solid and difficult to disolve with water, hard to cut, hard to apply etc. By the time I use it it has become softer with the water contact. I kept it in a container and try not to get the whole product with water most of the time. But still it carried on melting and the oil in the product seperated at the bottom of the container. left was a mushy soapy creamy product which was easier to apply but still do not like this product. if a tiny drop of it goes into your eyes , it is blinding and burns your eyes to hell. it doesnt come in a container , it helps the world so what, it is hard to use it. it is a huge chunk of something that you try to wash your face with it. besides it doesnt do anything to my face, i didnt see any changes or improvements. It doesnt clean the make up on my face with a first wash, i need to wash my face at least 3 times to get rid of the make up. So lush products smell good, look good but not usable for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by katie0804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was very disappointed with this product. It's extremely drying, and I don't even have naturally dry skin. I liked the texture of the soap itself, it was very creamy, but it made my skin very dry and itchy. I would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ericayvette

Although this cleanser does not look like anything special it really has done wonders for my skin. I never knew that the harsh products I had been using to combat my acne-prone skin was doing more bad than good. My skin is also pretty sensitive so its definitly gentle but effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by searchfarah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the smell but this did not work out for me. Ii bought it when I started to notice that my head had pimples popping out and needed to change cleansers. So I bought it thinking its freshly made from natural stuff. Thank god i only bought a small wedge. I read reviews about how it would turn mushy if left wet so I cut it to s,all pieces and use one piece for every time I need to wash my face. After a while my pimples spread to my nose area and I eventually had eczema there. This is quite drying.