September 21, 2014 | 1004 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by boobookeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product with a good few weak points. Obviously, it covers fantastically! The coverage of a concealer, but in a liquid form. Can cover everything I have encountered on my face so far (i.e. acne, acne scars, redness). A little goes a long way with this. Be careful not to use too much product at once or it will lose its 'stick'. I would recommended building thin layer after thin layer, ensuring each layer has dried first, to make sure it doesn't slide around as much as possible. However, it still WILL slide and rub off quite easily. For this reason, I don't really like to use it as a foundation. It will create a terrible, heavy, greasy mess on my face. I will only do so if I use the thinnest layer possible to ensure the product really sticks onto the skin!

But, at the end of the day, it performs best as a concealer. I don't like to use it alone though, due to reasons stated above. To stop it from sliding around/transferring so easily, I mix it with a more stiff concealer like MUFE Full Cover or something similar, which really dries down and doesn't budge but is difficult to blend. The combination creates a creamy concealer that blends beautifully, covers beautifully, dries beautifully and lasts very well throughout the day. I can use this to cover all my problem areas, pat some powder all over my face and be off for the day!

It has a really awful smell though, not a fragrance, but just a smell. It is bearable if I don't use it all over my face, and usually fades after awhile. The tube packaging usually dispenses too much product if you're using it as concealer, because you don't need too much. But these points definitely will not deter me from repurchasing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had this for months now and it's still more than half full! It lasts for ages! It is unbelievable for hiding blemishes, redness, acne scars, freckles, etc. I only use it as a foundation if I'm doing a photo-shoot (ps, it looks immaculate on camera) on a daily basis, I use it as a concealer. It does seem a bit pricey compared to other brands but there's nothing else like it. It didn't cause my hyper-sensitive skin to break out and it doesn't settle into lines, pores, etc.. Just be sure to set it with a loose powder so it doesn't slide.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is an amazing foundation. Feels light. Stays on forever. Doesn't get cakey. You don't need concealer with it. Amazing coverage. Doesn't melt off oily skin.
Issue: No shade match :( The lightest, Opal #15, seems suited for NC17 or olive skin of that depth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Channingx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Words can't even describe how much I love this product! I'm surprised it's not getting more raved about. Firstly, I use it as a concealer (ala Lisa Eldridge) as opposed to foundation because I think unless your skin really is covered with acne all over then it would be a waste to put it everywhere, and also such heavy coverage on your whole face may worsen breakouts. I use my collection 2000 foundation first then apply this on areas needed (which is quite a lot since my skin is misbehaving terribly these days).

It covers everything like magic, and it's so highly pigmented that you only need a little for each spot. The end result is an absolute porcelain doll effect, and the yellow in it helps to hide the redness in my pale skin (I take the lightest shade Opal which fits fine to my skin tone). At the end of the day when I put a makeup wipe down one side of my face the difference between the side without and with makeup on is absolutely crazy. This product is so good that a lot of my friends often compliment how good my skin is and when I tell them NO SERIOUSLY IT'S JUST MY AMAZING CONCEALER they tell me there's no way.

Although I do agree with a couple of other reviewers that noted it can streak and slide across the face, I think it's pretty essential for regular mirror check-ups to make sure everything's in check, but it's easy enough to just pat it back into place. My skin is dry and I find it hydrating as opposed to oily, but I would recommend that an oily skin type approach with caution.

I think it's around the £15 mark in the UK Boots stores, which is a little bit more expensive than I'd usually pay for a concealer but as I said before a little goes a long way with this product, and it's definitely without a shadow of a doubt worth the investment!

Can't see myself ever not using this product, if it was ever discontinued I might cry, highly recommended x

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by FabCo

I began to buy foundation at my twenties to mix it with sunscreen and give it a little coverage without the common whitecast.
But as soon as I reached thirty, the signs of aging began to appear and it freaked me out, so I thought full coverage foundation was a must.
That is why I bought Vichy Dermablend: a real full coverage foundation. It has a limited range of shades and I didn´t find a perfect match: too dark during winter, too light during summer and no yellow undertones.
Unfortunately for me, during the time I bought it, I moved to a city in the middle of the desert and the extreme heat melted it all; I had to apply it constantly and it looked cakey by noon.
I decided to mix it with Smashbox HD Foundation -which I didn´t like- and it reduced the thickness and coverage, but looked better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I'm a NC/NW 15, Linen and Fairly Light neutral in EMD.
Extremely blemish prone skin, and very sensitive.

I usually use the Vichy Normaderm in Opal (the version for blemish prone skin). I never use fluid foundation all over my face, cause this always makes me breakout. But I usually put my old Vichy around the nose and around the mouth, and some on the cheeks - only on some areas.... Now I wanted some more coverage, so that i don't need to reapply it so often during the day.... I decided to purchase this, and its NOT cheap ordered from the US to Scandinavia.

Anyway! I tried this around my mouth during a night out this weekend, and at the end of the same night I had awful bumpy red "growing" acne around my mouth....They really felt "alive", all red and angry by something.... By what?? The only thing I'd done was to try this... I hadn't been eating or drinking anydring different (not even alcohol that night)....

Strangely enough the acne version of Vichy does not break me out on these areas (But it does it I put it anywhere else on the face!!). I suspect the silicones, they usually break me out. And that this other foundation is more dense and thick....

Sooooo sad..... I loved the way this looks.... A thin fluid, covers well and just beautiful!!!! ( Although not as covering as the Illuminaire extra cover foundation)

I think this suites more normal skintypes....

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by jjmacdon

Tried this for my sensitive, acne prone combination skin and it was a disaster. Very few colour options, and even with the setting powder it started sliding off by midday. I looked like a shiny streaky mess and had to touch up my whole face repeatedly throughout the day. I switched to Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Foundation and am LOVING it. Conceals my acne scars, doesn't get shiny and stays put all day. I got my money back for the Vichy Dermablend Foundation. It is horrible on combination or oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by basketball1

I have been using this foundation faithfully for about 6 years now. I will never swtich because I love this stuff so much! It does what it says, corrects your skin. I have years and years of acne scarring and this foundation is perfect to cover them up without looking cakey or unnatural. It is also oil free and non-comedogenic so it works good for people will oily acne prone skin. The only downfalls to this is the color range and it can make your skin appear oily on its own. The color range is very limited (like only 4 selections I believe?) so there's not much to choose from. I use nude and put some bronzer on if I'm a little more tanned throughout the year. For the oilyness I use benzoyl peroxide to limit some of the shinyness and Dr. Feelgood by Benefit (its a primer you but on before foundation to reduce oily skin).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by jkahoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had really high hopes for this foundation, but sadly it has let me down. If you have oily or acne prone skin, this isn't for you. Like many other reviews, this foundation only lasted about 2-4 hours before starting to slide, making my skin look gross and really accentuating my imperfections (namely large pores and the occasional spot). I cleanse my skin very well, using the Clarisonic brush, as well as using a moisturizer and setting powder. I don't know what else I could possibly do to improve the staying power. Off of the website, this foundation was $29! A pretty big rip off considering it doesn't live up to it's claims. I could buy 3 bottles of Revlon Colorstay for that much...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

Oh Dermablend how I wish I could love you! I have mild to moderate acne rosacea with some acne pigmentation. I also have very blue dark circles and scary spider veins in my eyelids that don't cover well. Vichy Dermablend comes to the rescue and does cover everything nicely although I need extra concealer for the eye circles. Unlike other people, I find that the finish looks fairly natural on me, not caked on and doesn't feel super heavy. However I have 3 gripes with this product and first one is major. I have the lightest shade in opal and its simply too dark for me, I look like i'm applying tan so it looks super fake. I have tried mixing it with white base and other foundations but this simply reduces the effectiveness of the product. Secondly this slides off really badly on my oil T-zone and builds up on the sides of my nose. Its runs immediately into my eye circles and I have to use powder without question. Thirdly I hate the packaging, I always squeeze out too much and I don't think there's much in there to begin with. The coverage is wonderful, yes but I don't think i'd repurchase until the colour range is better. I might try out the stick version though as I know that does come lighter.