October 30, 2014 | 1634 users online

Blush - Smashbox - O-Glow

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by resco

Despite the advertisements, this product does not bring out the natural flush in your cheeks. I conducted the following experiment: Pinch your cheek, allowing the blood to flow in that area. Then, apply O-Glow beside the flushed area and compare the two colors. The shades are different, and thus, the product does not provide the color that your face would naturally produce. I received an unnaturally pink hue. In addition, by applying O-Glow on the apples of the cheeks, the color becomes concentrated in that specific area. The only way to create a natural and attractive look is to add a darker blush or bronzer along the cheekbone. Otherwise, you may look like a made-up doll with bubble-gum colored cheeks. Overall, the packaging is convenient and of good quality. Lastly, the product is fun to use, but its results are horribly flawed.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by icosmeticRN

URGH!! I hated this product! I bought because I saw makeup by tiffany use it and it seemed like a good concept. I bought it with the best of smashbox volume 2 at sephoria. I tried this on my cheeks and it felt so slimy and gross!! I am oily skin too..so after I applied it it seemed to slid right off me. I wanted to like this product, so I tried powdered blush over it and it did nothing, it still felt gross underneath it. I am returning the whole kit, since I only bought it for the O-glow and I am not to enthusatic about the other stuff in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by babyyypink

I got this because I thought it looked really cool, and it does work. Then I realised that it looks verry cheap looking on my cheaks If i wear powder underneath it.
Otherwise I think it is only good for if you only wear only foundation.
I will not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by coucoune

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is okay. I would probably buy it again if it wasn't for its $36 price tag. The tube is quite small and I find that I need to use a significant amount in order for the colour to show; I find it stains my fingertips more than anything else. I like the concept of it; how it works with your natural skin tone. I like the fact that's its a cream form; the texture is nice. However, I think this product is way overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by VinylRitchie

I generally like this product. It's fast and convenient, and the ultra sheer pink color is pretty decent. I find that I will have to layer it about 3 times with transluscent powder in order for the color to last. I also found that the more I blended the color, the more it faded into almost no color at all. Weird. But overall, this blush is pretty much fool proof. I found that it is the perfect additional pop of color over my Smashbox Skin Tint blush in Bella (after the original Bella blush has faded a bit over the course of the day).
Hmmm.. the price is kinda high. But I'd still buy it. I know that you can find similar clear gel blushes for like half the price by brands like Almay or something, but I've never tried the other brands so I can not compare the differences.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by lovelyone313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This blush is my absolute favorite! I have not bought another blush for almost two years now. I love the texture. It is a clear gel that turns a perfect shade of pink for my medium toned skin. A full size tube lasts a long long long time (at least 7-8 months). I recomend this blush to anyone. I just bought nars orgasm blush and I doubt it will replace this blush for my daily routine :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by mininana

I'm not too crazy about this. I like how it intuitively changes color to ur natural state of blush BUT it's not as dark as I'd like it to be.

It's a great blush though, I don't hope to put off anyone from buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Lexxeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A little does go along way. I actually like this product currently. I am on a big pink kick right now. I usually put it on after my primer and foundation, but before powder. It gives a flush of pink.
It hasn't staind my fingertips and is not messy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product means well, but:

- It is runny and stains EVERYTHING it touches, not just your cheeks! You have to scrub your hands to get it off your fingertips.

- From looking at what it does to me and other friends of mine, we all get the same generic blue-pink - remember those "mood lipsticks?" It left my cheeks sort of bubblegummy pink and took a lot of blending to look nice.

- I had a zit on my cheek that day (and at my age! Hmph!) and it stained the zit SCREAMING SHOCKING PINK and it took layers of concealer to tone it down! Don't even try this if you have zits, red marks or whatever because it will stain them too IME.

If you want an all-purpose blush, skip the gimmicky ones like O-Glow and go for something foolproof - I've found that Nars Orgasm and Cargo Tonga are two great ones that work on almost anyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

I had such high hopes for this blush! Wouldn't it be so great to find a magic potion that would magically give you the perfect blush shade for your own skin type?!! I had envisioned a dewy, soft and natural glow . . . NOT! It was a garish, pink/red on me that made my cheeks look like I had a rash! Thankfully, I tried this on first while I was at Sephora and didn't buy it! I would recommend not buying this online before you try it! Also read the other reviews on this and you will see what I mean!!