OPI Koala Bear-y

4.8

on 4/25/2007 1:11:00 PM

Absolutely love this color! I have to admit I bought it because of the name, but after just one coat, I'm hooked on the color. It's a bright fusia mauve-y pink. Love the wide applicator, and the chip-free manis it gives me!

on 4/20/2007 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a bright, cheery berry color. It doesn't knock my socks off but it's a good color to have on hand.

on 2/19/2007 1:46:00 PM

Koala-Beary is a beautiful hot pink without being screaming neon or too loud. Hot pinks are hard for me to wear with my white hands but I think I can pull this one off. It is really pretty. Not good at describing tones - can only say this is a very pretty cheerful colour and I'm happy I chose it.

on 2/7/2007 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Koala Bear-y (NL A46) is a creme polish that was released with OPI's Spring/Summer 2007 Australia collection. OPI's website describes it as a "Berry irresistible, berry beautiful!" Call me crazy, but I do agree with half of that description. I don't think this looks like any berry I've ever encountered, but since I don't have a lot of pinks this dark yet bright, this particular polish was irresistable. I would describe Koala Bear-y as a magenta, a deep pink without being dark, dingy or dreary. I am a cool-toned NW 15/Winter and I think this polish ROCKS on my nails! On my nail, it's bright without being garish, like A True Ab-original from the same collection.

I compared Koala Bear-y to Essie's Bachelorette Bash. They are quite similar, so if you have one, you may not need the other. Bachelorette Bash may be just slight bit brighter, cooler in tone and lighter than Koala Bear-y. I did notice that Koala Bear-y was more opaque than BB, and it really covered the moons on my fingertips well. BB, on the other hand, applied more sheerly and wasn't as thick as Koala Bear-y, so I would recommend three coats of BB on tips versus two with Koala Bear-y. As for me, I really just love this particular shade of pink, so I'd actually wear Koala Bear-y on tips and BB on toes. Together! They're both keepers for me.

This polish went on perfectly with OPI's ProWide Brush. I have not had any tipwear while test-driving this polish over the past few days with no basecoat and Poshe topcoat. While my nail tips are almost to my fingertips, I'm sure that wear will also be great on nails that extend past my fingertips. If I find that wear on longer nails is anything less than great, I will edit my review to reflect that.

It can be noted that the Australia collection contains no Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, or Formaldehyde. continued >>

Popular Polishes