OPI Koala Bear-y

4.8

on 10/11/2007 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my fav hot pink pedi color of the moment. I love the high impact gloss without shimmer. It is such a pleasure to peek down at my toes and find a fuschia color peeking back at me that is bright without being gawdy. I would not wear this on my hands, though. I have long natural nails so strong colors look garish on me. Plus I type constantly, and very few polishes can withstand the abuse without starting to chip and look terrible. But on my toes, this can last upwards of 2 weeks with not a chip in sight. I have been rocking this all summer and will continue to wear it during fall (and probably winter).

I had a pedi with OPI Koala Bear-y and received many compliments on this creamy, non-shimmery fuschia. When I went back to the salon, they had sold out of this color. I went to another salon, then another, then every store and beauty supply store that carried OPI- all sold out! Finally, I thought to go to a low-traffic salon in the suburbs- and managed to find a bottle!!! Hurray! This is a fab berry because it's not too strawberry red, not too cool and teeny bopperish pink. It's a bright raspberry. On toes, it looks crisp, fresh, and flatters a wide range of skin tones (I was C3 and am more tan now). Love it!!!

on 5/30/2007 8:47:00 AM

Koala Bear-y is part of the Australian collection by OPI. I absolutely love the color! I'd describe it as a hot pink, not like any other pink color I've seen before. It's very unique. It is not neon like nor loudish pink (over the top pink). The color is amazing for spring and summer.

As always with OPI n/p the quality is fantastic! Great lasting power, easy to apply... I have nothing to complain about. I'd definitely repurchase.
continued >>

on 4/25/2007 1:11:00 PM

Absolutely love this color! I have to admit I bought it because of the name, but after just one coat, I'm hooked on the color. It's a bright fusia mauve-y pink. Love the wide applicator, and the chip-free manis it gives me!

on 4/20/2007 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a bright, cheery berry color. It doesn't knock my socks off but it's a good color to have on hand.

on 2/19/2007 1:46:00 PM

Koala-Beary is a beautiful hot pink without being screaming neon or too loud. Hot pinks are hard for me to wear with my white hands but I think I can pull this one off. It is really pretty. Not good at describing tones - can only say this is a very pretty cheerful colour and I'm happy I chose it.

on 2/7/2007 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Koala Bear-y (NL A46) is a creme polish that was released with OPI's Spring/Summer 2007 Australia collection. OPI's website describes it as a "Berry irresistible, berry beautiful!" Call me crazy, but I do agree with half of that description. I don't think this looks like any berry I've ever encountered, but since I don't have a lot of pinks this dark yet bright, this particular polish was irresistable. I would describe Koala Bear-y as a magenta, a deep pink without being dark, dingy or dreary. I am a cool-toned NW 15/Winter and I think this polish ROCKS on my nails! On my nail, it's bright without being garish, like A True Ab-original from the same collection.

I compared Koala Bear-y to Essie's Bachelorette Bash. They are quite similar, so if you have one, you may not need the other. Bachelorette Bash may be just slight bit brighter, cooler in tone and lighter than Koala Bear-y. I did notice that Koala Bear-y was more opaque than BB, and it really covered the moons on my fingertips well. BB, on the other hand, applied more sheerly and wasn't as thick as Koala Bear-y, so I would recommend three coats of BB on tips versus two with Koala Bear-y. As for me, I really just love this particular shade of pink, so I'd actually wear Koala Bear-y on tips and BB on toes. Together! They're both keepers for me.

This polish went on perfectly with OPI's ProWide Brush. I have not had any tipwear while test-driving this polish over the past few days with no basecoat and Poshe topcoat. While my nail tips are almost to my fingertips, I'm sure that wear will also be great on nails that extend past my fingertips. If I find that wear on longer nails is anything less than great, I will edit my review to reflect that.

It can be noted that the Australia collection contains no Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, or Formaldehyde. continued >>

Popular Polishes