July 25, 2014 | 1998 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - KATE Gel Eye Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2007 12:57:00 AM More reviews by kristle

All the while i had been using pencil/crayon type eyeliner and all brands smudge my undereyes badly. Therefore i switch to this gel eyeliner in pure black without glitter. The texture doesn't seem creamy or gel to me. When picked up with its liner brush, it seem a bit dry and had a little solid clumps onto the tip. It does not glides on smoothly as mentioned above, the texture is a little dry and therefore, i got to apply a couple of times. but so far, this is the current one i am using till i found a better one next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2007 More reviews by shockingrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought this kate powder gel liner would work for me, but
finally i found that the texture is not that easy to apply.
it's not pigmented, so i gotta apply it many times, and the glitter easily falls into my eyes (and coz my eyes red)
also, it'd be great if the texture is a lil bit more creamy.

anyhow, the good things is it's not pricey and it comes with the brush!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by AmongtheButterflies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried many gel liners and this is how I rank them best to worse:
Bobbi Brown and Mac (about even and way better than the others), Stila, Avon's newer ones, Kate then Smashbox.

I was incredibly disappointed with these liners. I orders 3, brown, sparkling black and purple. When the package arrived from adambeauty, they gave me basic black instead of brown but whatever, I gave it to my sister without trying it. The purple isn't actually a purple but a blue/purple. It's a nice enough color but nothing special. The sparkly black was black with silver glitter chunks, it wasn't shimmer like I had hoped.

The liners were not very creamy and difficult to apply. The color really needs to be layered or the color looks uneven. Although the lasting power is good, the liner begins to feel clumpy and thick after a few hours. I wouldn't recommend these liners. If you want some awesome gel liners buy Bobbi Brown or Mac. The only good thing about my purchase of these 3 liners are the brushes. They're great, I use them with my other gel liners.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by dollygir1

I've gotten it in BK-2 and BR-1 from japan and i'm loving both of it. It is the BEST eyeliner i've ever used! The brown is great for daily wear without being overdramatic for my fair skin- very useable! A dream to use and it LASTS all day without smudging or losing the 'intensity' (i got oily lids that MAC fluidline tend to smudge a little by the end of the day. Pencil are gone case for me - they won't last even for few hours!). I love that it's cheaper den MAC & Bobbi brown and comes with a good quality brush that's makes it even more of a steal! Definitely recommendable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really have to thank an extremely lovely MUAer from HongKong for CPing this for me. The pot is very small but I think the content will last for quite some time. I have used BB gel eyeliner before but never tried the MAC fluidline. In my opinion, Kate gel liner has the LONGEST lasting power! Eyeliner never tends to last on me (I have used MAC ppt and eye kohls, various liquid eyeliners such as UD/Shu uemura too). But Kate lasted me all day long without losing intensity of the color!It is smudge-proof too.
The brush that comes with it is very helpful and user-friendly. It is also a dainty sized brush but with precisely designed brush head for easy application.
Although I'm relatively inexperienced with gel eyeliner, I have no problems drawing a fine line with the brush!
The color I have is BK-2, an intense black with some shimmer. I think it is a beautiful color!
I'm definitely going to get more of it if I can! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 6:28:00 AM More reviews by deerxkisses

This was the first gel liner I ever tried and I absolutely loved it!! I just moved to Japan and have recently become aware of all the wonderful makeup they have here. Anyways Kate seems like a super brand and I got the gel liner in BK-2 which is black with silver shimmer/sparkle and it's absolutely gorgeous. You can really see the sparkle when it's on your eyes and I had no irritation with it whatsoever. It came with a great brush and was really easy to use for me. It was a really good price, like about $10 USD and sooo worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2007 8:31:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***

Finally a Japanese brand came out with gel liners in pots! (well, Sonia Rykiel has cream liners in pots but they are far from Kate's quality and 3x the price!)

These liners come in very small glasspots, containing just somewhere over 2 grams/each. I think they'll last a very long time though since there's only a very little amount needed for lining both eyes. These also come with an eyeliner brush that's really great (it's a flat rounded one)! In fact I prefer this over my MAC 209 brush for cream and gel liners now!

The gel liners are quite soft so you need to swipe the cream just very lightly with the brush or you'll have too much product on it. These really dry down to a powdery finish and don't smudge or fade at all after setting.

Each liner costs 1575 Yen incl. a brush so it's a great deal (just about US$13 or so). I even got each of them discounted by about 25%.

I didn't experience any irritation, fading or smudging.

Available colors:

BK-1: Your standard flat black shade. Very pigmented and intense black

BK-2: A softer black with silver shimmer. It's my favorite color! It's really stunning! D/c as if Spring 2008

BK-3: New for spring 2008. Unfortunately they decided to replace BK-2 with this color. BK-3 is supposed to be a metallic black but it's quite flat despite the little shimmer bits you see in the pot. Applies like a dark gray.

BR-1: Shimmery bronze brown

PU-1: Dark purple with a slight sheen

PU-2: NEW for fall 2007, therefore PU-1 has been discontinued. This is a reddish burgundy purple. It looks fab paired with taupe but it takes quite a bit of layering to show up decently. It's also very soft so you get crumbles on your brush if you don't wipe it clean after each layer

There is now also a metallic silver and gold shade available as of Feb 2008. I didn't get them just because I already got the golden and silver Maquillage gel liners.

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes.

New shade PU-2