Crystal Crystal Roll-On Body Deodorant

Purified water (aqua), natural mineral salts, potassium alum, cellulose

on 3/9/2008 7:03:00 PM

I wouldn't be without this product! I use Crystal Roll-on purchased at LuckyVitamin.com and I can't say enough good things about it. I was using a heavy-duty anti-perspirant for years, Mitchum, and while it worked I worried about the ingredients with breast cancer on the rise. I was very cynical about a deodorant without anti-perspirant but I have never experienced any body odor in the entire time I've been using this and my husband and I have been using this product for two years or better now. We both are very active and workout regularly and still have all our friends, LOL! The only reason I gave this product a 4 for packaging is because sometimes the roll-on locks up, but this happens only infrequently. Also, the product directs you to use it immediately after showering and we have always followed those directions with the best results.

EDIT: Turns out I can't be WITH this product now! The alum (aluminum) caused me to start clawing my underarms they were so itchy! It got to the point that I would break out in giant red welts under my arms. My body was revolting and I got the message. I'm trying out various alum-free (even safer) alternatives starting with Kiss My Face Natural Active Life aluminum-free, fragrance-free deodorant. So far, so very good!

on 1/2/2008 4:05:00 PM

While this doesn't stop perspiration, it really does an excellent job of inhibiting odor. There is absolutely no scent to interfere with my perfumes/lotions. My husband and I each use this, and have repurchased it for several years now. I tried antiperspirants in the summer, but I still prefer this unscented roll-on. It works, it is super cheap, and available at my grocery store.

Edit 5/9/13: DH and I both had to discontinue using this product, as after years of use. Something in it began to irritate each of us. Tried it again, same thing. Not sure if crystal deo has changed, or if we have, but sadly we have moved on.

on 12/5/2007 12:53:00 PM

I had been using Tom's of Maine natural deodorant for quite some time and it works pretty well. But I thought Id give this Crystal type a try....I do like it, I think I get better odor protection with this. I apply it right after a shower (per the instructions). If I notice any odor at all its the next day, but Im getting ready to take a shower anyway, so thats no big deal. The only downside is it goes on very wet and I have to wait a few minutes before getting dressed, but thats not much of a problem.

on 11/16/2007 7:23:00 PM

I figured this would beat everything else hands down. And it's aluminum free. I has the worst B.O. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! because it didn't work at all. I've never had b.o. before, and once I stopped using it and started using a real deoderant I don't have it anymore. In fact I was afraid that my whole body chemistry had been altered for some unknown reason. I was freaking out.

I'll keep my aluminum thank you. By the way, I got Ban and it is 100% effective even when I am so busy I skip a day (and a shower) and haven't reapplied. I'll never use this line of products ever again!!!!!

Love it!!! It's the very best deodorant I've ever used, and I really like the fact it's natural, concerning all the bad things you hear lately about the harmful effects of deodorants. I also like the fact that there's no smell, which makes it easier to combine with parfume. I've also tried the rock version, but found that to be difficult to use, plus it felt as if nothing was put on. But this roll on is just perfect and I will never go back to regular deodorants!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Finally, I've found a natural product that doesn't ruin my clothes and keeps me smelling good all day!!! Application is key as described by previous reviewer. Love it!

on 5/3/2007 6:16:00 PM

I'm so glad I discovered the reviews of Crystal on this web site. I bought the roll on a couple of weeks ago and love it! Will definitely buy again. Thanks everyone for your helpful reviews!

on 2/17/2007 8:24:00 AM

During the past year, I have tested all three versions of the crystal type deodorants (stick, roll-on, and spray) and in my opinion the stick and roll-on formulas are the most effective. The roll-on doesn't have to be applied wet (unlike the stick/rock), so it is much easier to apply and very convenient. Here are some helpful tips:1) APPLICATION IS KEY to their effectiveness. You must apply immediately after a shower or bath! 2) APPLY THIS DEODORANT LIBERALLY making sure that you thoroughly cover your “entire” underarm area. This forms a protective layer on your skin that inhibits the growth of odor causing bacteria. With that said, when applied correctly, this deodorant is very effective in eliminating any underarm odor and will get you thru an eight-hour workday and then some w/o smelling. It is unscented, goes on clear, and you never have to worry about this deodorant leaving any white residue on your clothing or leaving ugly, yellow, stains on your white shirts.

on 2/16/2007 11:54:00 AM

I love this stuff. It keeps me dry. works all day, and its not harmful to my body. The only con I would give it is that it goes on wet and takes a few minutes to dry which is no big deal.

I have never tried a natural deodorant because I always felt that I needed an anti-perspirant, but I love this product. I had heard from a friend about the rock version that you wet first, but only saw this at the grocery store. It works so well that I don't think I will ever go back to the others with the aluminum in them. I get a closer shave now and I feel so much cleaner because this washes off unlike the anti-perspirants that I have used which never seemed to completely come off. When I sweat with this I don't feel dirty like I did if i would sweat with the anti-perspirants. It does take a minute to dry, but I just put it on while I am doing my makeup before I completely get dressed and its no problem. I love it!

Top Rated Crystal Products