October 31, 2014 | 1112 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by kittynt

Nice bottle, looks high-end, but doesn't work for me. I heard that this works wonders on older people to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, but since I am still 22 and I have no wrinkles at all, it doesn't really do anything to my skin. I do like the light consistency though. However, is it just me, or does it has an industrial-like, weird scent?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by madaba

I have been using this for two weeks and really like it. It has evened out my skin tone very well and also helped with shine (and allowing me to keep using my Shiseido Day Moisturizer, which was making me too shiny). I was reluctant to buy when I saw the lukewarm reviews here, but I think that for my age group (I am 38), this is a great product. Whether it has minimised my wrinkles or not I don't know (only two weeks...), but it has made my complexion much smoother and prettier, whereas other more expensive products (Shiseido and Clarins) were making me break out.

EDIT: Two years later, I am totally sick of this product and have moved on to EL ANR and a Clarins serum. The No7 one basically stopped working after about 9 months... I still use it on my neck.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

** This is for the P&P Intense version** Apparently they reformulated it - see comments at end.

My husband arranges Boots' conferences so I tend to get a lot of expensive products from them for nothing (whole bags of cool stuff!). I liked this serum actually and was surprised I didn't break out all over the show from all the silicones in it. I only have to use a product once and have a reaction to it. This did nothing - EXCEPT manage to plump up my skin marginally. I never expected it might follow through with it's promise! I am just nearing 30 so this product is relevant to me. You young-uns who are 19-24 age bracket will see no results because your skin does NOT need it - REPEAT you do not need it!!

It goes on well but feels a bit weird and tight after, however this seems to be sorted when I moisturise. It softens skin - which may be superficial - IDK? My eye lids have started to droop (at socket line) and become crepey but this seemed to have made a little difference to texture and less droop, so that's something.

So anyway I have only used this in the short term and could expect that this will either keep working well or block my pores slowly! We shall see. I think 6-8 weeks is about the time to make judgments about new products (unless you have a severe reaction that is).

By the way one reviewer said that the tests on this stuff were conducted by boots - they were actually conducted by an independant body. Unbiased or not I don't know.

As I said this is the Intense version - however I know from a little birdy that this *could be* the same as the original version....ha hmm. I never told you that.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by SuperAmandaRocks

More of a primer than an in depth wrinkle eraser, but still effective IF you have only fine lines and low level muscle contraction areas. This is a peptide serum, nothing fancy, just easy to use and great ingredients. I've been alternating it with my L:oreal Wrinkle decrease products and using a few times a week as an eye gel and I'm very happy with it. It will soften frown areas and relax fine lines and vice versa but it's not a miracle serum by any means. You need to be doing glycoloic and enzyme peels along with it. It does contain anti-oxidants which will boost your sunscreens though I prefer all treatments at night unless as a combo product. I will be buying it again during 3 for 2.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by JeneenL

I have been using this product for 2 months now and it had done nothing for me. After I apply my skin does feel smooth but overall I haven't noticed a difference. It wasn't that expensive, I think $18? at Target I am just dissappointed as it has done nothing for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Soutty

I used this product continuously for a year and had started to feel that it wasn't working any more.

I quit smoking and thought I probably wouldn't need it any more as my skin would be fresher anyway.

After 2 months of not using it (and not smoking) I noticed that my skin was oilier, more congested and more uneven.

So I've bought another tube! The results are subtle but long term twice a day use does make a difference to my skin - not in terms of lines but just in terms of eveness and clarity really.

A lot of the posters on here who say it is useless are in their early to mid 20s - this is a product which is aimed at older women and there are probably much better products out there for young skin with open pores etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by OrdPsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only serum i use. It dies not make any miracles but it improves my skin texture. It is very light and runny and only a little has to be used. I use it under a light moisturizer.

It lasts for quite a long time and it does not dry me up at all.
I would recommend it but I do not think it does anything much better than other serums/moisturusers/creams on the market.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by LotusBlossom34

I was excited to to try this, especially with all the news that British women stood in long lines for this and there was a credible article published for it. When I put it on...it feels like greasy and matte at the same time...like I put watered down vaseline on my face but then it wasn't greasy, it felt matte and greasy at the same time...I used this alone...and then tried under moisturizer and it still did pretty much nothing at all...no plumpness of skin..no moisture...not even moisture retention, if anything it dried my skin out more...what a disappointment...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I got this as a GWP and I was really excited to try it because of all the hype, but it just didn’t do it for me. I agree with so many of the reviewers here… it doesn’t do a single thing. It’s useless. So far, the No.7 line has not been doing a good job at impressing me. I find their products to be of poor quality and this one is no different. A definite toss. What a shame…

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by IntDesignerGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my miracle product. I use it twice a day and it has definately made a diference in the tone and texture of my skin. It has reduced the appearance of lines around my eyes. I use it underneath a light moisturizer. I love how it feels on my skin and recommend it to anyone looking to prevent and treat beginning facial lines.