April 17, 2014 | 1758 users online

Treatments - Boots - no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by SuperAmandaRocks

More of a primer than an in depth wrinkle eraser, but still effective IF you have only fine lines and low level muscle contraction areas. This is a peptide serum, nothing fancy, just easy to use and great ingredients. I've been alternating it with my L:oreal Wrinkle decrease products and using a few times a week as an eye gel and I'm very happy with it. It will soften frown areas and relax fine lines and vice versa but it's not a miracle serum by any means. You need to be doing glycoloic and enzyme peels along with it. It does contain anti-oxidants which will boost your sunscreens though I prefer all treatments at night unless as a combo product. I will be buying it again during 3 for 2.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by JeneenL

I have been using this product for 2 months now and it had done nothing for me. After I apply my skin does feel smooth but overall I haven't noticed a difference. It wasn't that expensive, I think $18? at Target I am just dissappointed as it has done nothing for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Soutty

I used this product continuously for a year and had started to feel that it wasn't working any more.

I quit smoking and thought I probably wouldn't need it any more as my skin would be fresher anyway.

After 2 months of not using it (and not smoking) I noticed that my skin was oilier, more congested and more uneven.

So I've bought another tube! The results are subtle but long term twice a day use does make a difference to my skin - not in terms of lines but just in terms of eveness and clarity really.

A lot of the posters on here who say it is useless are in their early to mid 20s - this is a product which is aimed at older women and there are probably much better products out there for young skin with open pores etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by OrdPsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only serum i use. It dies not make any miracles but it improves my skin texture. It is very light and runny and only a little has to be used. I use it under a light moisturizer.

It lasts for quite a long time and it does not dry me up at all.
I would recommend it but I do not think it does anything much better than other serums/moisturusers/creams on the market.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by LotusBlossom34

I was excited to to try this, especially with all the news that British women stood in long lines for this and there was a credible article published for it. When I put it on...it feels like greasy and matte at the same time...like I put watered down vaseline on my face but then it wasn't greasy, it felt matte and greasy at the same time...I used this alone...and then tried under moisturizer and it still did pretty much nothing at all...no plumpness of skin..no moisture...not even moisture retention, if anything it dried my skin out more...what a disappointment...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I got this as a GWP and I was really excited to try it because of all the hype, but it just didn’t do it for me. I agree with so many of the reviewers here… it doesn’t do a single thing. It’s useless. So far, the No.7 line has not been doing a good job at impressing me. I find their products to be of poor quality and this one is no different. A definite toss. What a shame…

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by IntDesignerGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my miracle product. I use it twice a day and it has definately made a diference in the tone and texture of my skin. It has reduced the appearance of lines around my eyes. I use it underneath a light moisturizer. I love how it feels on my skin and recommend it to anyone looking to prevent and treat beginning facial lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by pinkpirate

My friend basically insisted I try this because of the hype he heard, so I did. Well, fortunately it was super cheap, but unfortunately, it didn't live up to the hype. It did feel very siliconey and seemed to just kind of "sit" on top of my skin. It seemed to feel a bit like a primer that wasn't very moisturising. I didn't have any adverse reaction to it, but it just didn't do much for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by brooklyntbone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell for the hype. I bought it. I used it. It did nothing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by babbakins

I think it says something about the brainwashing from the media, that women would consider £17 for a tiny tube of useless water-silcone mix 'good value.' Yes, if you're gullible enough to spend £80 on a face cream, then I suppose it sounds cheap as chips, but othetwise is daylight robbery for something that probably cost mere pennies to produce (look at the ingredients: all cheap silicones and preservatives, yuck).

Anyway, I was so fed up with the tiny lines on my cheeks that I felt it was worth at least trying this formula out as a 'last resort.' I've tried many, many anti-wrinkle creams in the past, L'Oreal, Laboratoire Garnier etc, none of which made the slightest difference to my skin.

I was disappointed to find this serum worked no better. I have used it for five weeks now and there is absolutely ZERO difference, to be exact, other than I have some extra blackheads on my nose and forehead, probably due to the high silicone content of the product. (Silicone is renowned for blocking pores.)

I was also annoyed to find the 'miraculous' discovery of this product's efficacy was through tests funded by Boots themselves, what a surprise.

Overall conclusion: I will never buy any more anti-wrinkle products, ever again! Can I have my £17 back please?

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No