November 24, 2014 | 1280 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by calanthe

I bought some samples of this moisturizer and so far I love it. It's got a thin, watery consistency that I really like. It leaves me with a semi-matte finish and takes away any tight, dry feeling my face has after washing. I have tried other moisturizers, but even in sub-zero winter weather these left me feeling greasy. I did do a round of Accutane so I'm not breaking out as much, but most moisturizers and foundations leave me with little clogged pores and zits on my forehead. Hydralight hasn't broken me out so far and isn't irritating at all. It has no detectable fragrance and soaks in completely. I will be buying a bottle of this after my taxes are done because it's a bit pricey. Much better than any drugstore purchase I've ever made.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by jgavenda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with the other reviewers who do not know what all the fuss is about regarding the "odors"--maybe we're just used to everything smelling perfumey that when a beauty product doesn't we think something is wrong with it? It's fragrance-free so I would guess all you're really smelling is your own hands! I do agree that $19 for the tiny bottle is overpriced but since my skin is so sensitive and this moisturizer is so perfect, I'll shell out the $19 every other month. It completely sinks in on my clean face in the a.m. (under my MD total protector sunscreen) and over my MD hydrapure serum at night. I had been using a thicker cream at night to try to look more hydrated in the morning, but when I ran out and used this instead I realized I could skip the heavier cream and stick to this as my only moisturizer. (Big plus) I only wish I could buy this at stores instead of online everytime!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by cuttervonwifflepuff

Since PC discontinued the Completely Non-Greasy Moisturizer (without sunscreen), the HydraLight lotion is the only non-sunscreen moisturizer PC carries that works for my skin. HydraLight has two cons: The clear cap that goes over the pump cracks quite easily, and the smell of the lotion.

HydraLight has many more pros, however: The weird smell of the lotion fades quickly. It has a nice lightweight texture and feel, and doesn't leave my skin greasy feeling. It actually moisturizes my winter-dried-out skin beautifully. And most important of all, after using one full bottle of it, I can say that HydraLight does not make my skin break out! Woohoo!

I have fussy acne-prone skin. For example, last year I changed my makeup, within the same brand, and I broke out somethin' fierce, even though there was barely any difference between the two makeups (both fragrance free, same liquid consistency and all that); I went back to my old makeup, and my skin returned to its flawless self within a month. For that reason, I will continue to buy HydraLight, because I know it won't make my acne flare up, while other lotions, however similar they may be, could make my face break out, and that thought terrifies me. I'll pay the $19 gladly for that reassurance of the HydraLight.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by katienurse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this as my non SPF moisturizer. It doesn't break out the skin and is gentle! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by cargrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first use I thought it wouldn't be up to task but has turned out to be my favorite.Very light with just the right moisture for my oily skin. I use this as my day time lotion. I use about three pumps and that gets the job done. Great ingredients, moisture binders and antioxidants.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Trilliana

This is a very good light moisturizer packed full with antioxidants. My skin drinks it very fast, but I don't feel dry in the morning (I use it at night, because it doesn't have spf).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by CalamityJaneDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The price just KILLS for this product. It's so tiny, yet so expensive--about $19 for a few ounces. I spoke with a Paula's Choice representative and she mentioned that the full-size bottle would last me a month. A MONTH FOR $19???

At the same time, I can't say I will not repurchase this, because it works for me. That's the key here, it works FOR ME. I can't say it will work for everyone, but I love it. I have oily/sensitive skin, and this is matte while moisturizing. MATTE and MOISTURIZING--not many products can boast that, because matte products are usually drying, and moisturizing products are usually not matte at all. But this does both on my face, and it is extremely lightweight and an overall seasonal, well-rounded product that is also gentle on the skin.

At least try the sample. As for those complaining about the smell, it is simply the smell of the underlying substances--that's how a product should smell, I think, because fragrances are annoying and allergy-inducing and I'd love to do away with all fragrance in products.

Try the sample, like NOW.

*EDIT* O-kay, so I took one lippie off going into the fall/winter season because this moisturizer isn't doing its job very well in the cold weather. I STILL LOVE the Hydralight, but only during the summer--is it just me, or shouldn't moisturizers continue to work no matter what the season? I'd rather not purchase a summer moisturizer on top of a winter moisturizer--but I want to buy one moisturizer that will work throughout the year. I've been using this in the onset of the cold weather, but even smearing gobs of it won't help alleviate the drying. Even my oily T-zone needs moisturizing, so I am switching to Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. However, I'm still maintaining the previous part of my review--if you need a good moisturizer for your combination/sensitive skin during the hotter seasons, then definitely try this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This sits on my bathroom counter. I can't bring myself to throw it away. The smell has been described in many ways but to this reviewer it smells like mold! I am very tolerant of unpleasant smells in cosmetics and skincare but I couldn't get past this one. It has a nice intense moisture feel and I would have liked to use it around my eyes, but that's too close to my nose. Update: Threw it away today.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by daha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought a sample and tried it only once. I couldn't get past the smell --- like the poster before me said; smells like dirty sweaty socks.
It seemed that it moisturized just fine, but I could still smell it on my face. It's certainly bizarre that something that is promoted as fragrance free should stink so much. Too bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Christine124

Although I appreciate Paula's outlook on cosmetic and skin care, I have found very few of her products that I can use, or even like. I had a very hard time getting past the smell of this lotion. Even unscented, it smelled like dirty socks. The lotion was still quite heavy for my oily/combo skin type, and just kinda sat on my skin and made me feel oily. I did not work well under my make-up either. Just could not like this lotion.