April 19, 2014 | 1115 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This sits on my bathroom counter. I can't bring myself to throw it away. The smell has been described in many ways but to this reviewer it smells like mold! I am very tolerant of unpleasant smells in cosmetics and skincare but I couldn't get past this one. It has a nice intense moisture feel and I would have liked to use it around my eyes, but that's too close to my nose. Update: Threw it away today.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by daha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought a sample and tried it only once. I couldn't get past the smell --- like the poster before me said; smells like dirty sweaty socks.
It seemed that it moisturized just fine, but I could still smell it on my face. It's certainly bizarre that something that is promoted as fragrance free should stink so much. Too bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Christine124

Although I appreciate Paula's outlook on cosmetic and skin care, I have found very few of her products that I can use, or even like. I had a very hard time getting past the smell of this lotion. Even unscented, it smelled like dirty socks. The lotion was still quite heavy for my oily/combo skin type, and just kinda sat on my skin and made me feel oily. I did not work well under my make-up either. Just could not like this lotion.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by theroxywave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not hydrating enough for even my oily skin and smells like saliva.
I generally love PC's products...though I feel that her moisturizers only sound better on paper but do not really perform.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

For me, this moisturizer was simply not moisturizing enough and I have combo skin w/a slightly oily t-zone. I actually think it dried out my skin. It didn't cause any irritation or breakouts, but the smell is awful. The smell is so horrible, I can't even find words to describe it. It may work well for someone w/extremely oily skin or maybe someone w/ pretty normal skin. I've recently switched to PC's Skin Recovery Moisturizer and I'm finiding it works much better for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2007 3:50:00 AM More reviews by LuckiestLiz

When I first bought this moisturizer, I loved it. However, I soon began to expect a correlation between this lotion and a negative reaction. I persisted use, thinking it could be something else, and what a mistake. It burned terribly on contact, followed with red blotchy skin and an ever so slightly sticky feel after the lotion sinked in. Needless to say - it did not agree with my skin. The lotion felt alright otherwise, it wasn't heavy nor too runny, but I didn't appreciate the finish too much - not really matte, a teeny bit ... tacky? I can't get over how irritating it was for me, though, so anyone with sensitive skin may want to try a sample first!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2007 9:03:00 AM More reviews by kelly0706

I've tried a sample of this and will probably purchase a full size. It is a nice light moisturizer, sinks into the skin quickly, and doesn't seem to cause breakouts. I have combination skin, someone with very dry skin might need more moisture. Also like the fact that is is unscented and contains antioxidants.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2007 2:42:00 AM More reviews by temperlyne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was quite pleased with Paula's balancing moisture gel but I felt my skin needed more moisture, specially in winter time so I switched to this.
I do not care for the bottle. The mouth easily gets clogged and it is impossible to get the last of the product out which feels like a useless waste.
The lotion itself dries very quick, so quick that it can be hard to evenly spread it around my entire face without tugging.
What I like is the lack of fragrance, the added antioxidants and the completely non-greasy feeling without a matte finish. It moisturizes a bit more than the balancing gel but not enough to take care of flakey skin.
It's not the perfect moisturizer for me so I will keep searching.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2007 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I tried 2 samples of this last week. While I like the Hydrating cream (and my husband loves it), I'm looking for something more lightweight for summer. I have previously used Avene's cream for irritable skin, but I can't get it where I live now. This moisturiser seems to fit the bill pretty well: it is very light, has no scent that I notice, and no sunscreen (I use a separate SPF40 sunscreen). I like it. Good quality product, for those of us who don't want perfume and other unnecessary irritants on our facial skin. Will probably buy this. UPDATE: I have bought and used a bottle, and I love it. The only problem I have is the price - expensive. Why have PC prices gone up so much over the last year or so? Add to that the exorbitant p&p charged in Europe... I want to boycott them. But I do like this lotion. So I'll look for something else and meanwhile keep using this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this a 3 lippie rating only because this works OK for me at night, but I hate it during the day because it leaves my skin feeling sticky almost. I prefer moisturizers that disappear into the skin after application. I hate the pump and my plastic cap is all cracked. UPDATE: I changed this to 4 lippies because it works great at night and I'll just have to find a different moisturizer for the daytime.