August 1, 2014 | 1932 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by katienurse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this as my non SPF moisturizer. It doesn't break out the skin and is gentle! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by cargrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first use I thought it wouldn't be up to task but has turned out to be my favorite.Very light with just the right moisture for my oily skin. I use this as my day time lotion. I use about three pumps and that gets the job done. Great ingredients, moisture binders and antioxidants.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Trilliana

This is a very good light moisturizer packed full with antioxidants. My skin drinks it very fast, but I don't feel dry in the morning (I use it at night, because it doesn't have spf).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by CalamityJaneDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The price just KILLS for this product. It's so tiny, yet so expensive--about $19 for a few ounces. I spoke with a Paula's Choice representative and she mentioned that the full-size bottle would last me a month. A MONTH FOR $19???

At the same time, I can't say I will not repurchase this, because it works for me. That's the key here, it works FOR ME. I can't say it will work for everyone, but I love it. I have oily/sensitive skin, and this is matte while moisturizing. MATTE and MOISTURIZING--not many products can boast that, because matte products are usually drying, and moisturizing products are usually not matte at all. But this does both on my face, and it is extremely lightweight and an overall seasonal, well-rounded product that is also gentle on the skin.

At least try the sample. As for those complaining about the smell, it is simply the smell of the underlying substances--that's how a product should smell, I think, because fragrances are annoying and allergy-inducing and I'd love to do away with all fragrance in products.

Try the sample, like NOW.

*EDIT* O-kay, so I took one lippie off going into the fall/winter season because this moisturizer isn't doing its job very well in the cold weather. I STILL LOVE the Hydralight, but only during the summer--is it just me, or shouldn't moisturizers continue to work no matter what the season? I'd rather not purchase a summer moisturizer on top of a winter moisturizer--but I want to buy one moisturizer that will work throughout the year. I've been using this in the onset of the cold weather, but even smearing gobs of it won't help alleviate the drying. Even my oily T-zone needs moisturizing, so I am switching to Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. However, I'm still maintaining the previous part of my review--if you need a good moisturizer for your combination/sensitive skin during the hotter seasons, then definitely try this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This sits on my bathroom counter. I can't bring myself to throw it away. The smell has been described in many ways but to this reviewer it smells like mold! I am very tolerant of unpleasant smells in cosmetics and skincare but I couldn't get past this one. It has a nice intense moisture feel and I would have liked to use it around my eyes, but that's too close to my nose. Update: Threw it away today.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by daha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought a sample and tried it only once. I couldn't get past the smell --- like the poster before me said; smells like dirty sweaty socks.
It seemed that it moisturized just fine, but I could still smell it on my face. It's certainly bizarre that something that is promoted as fragrance free should stink so much. Too bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Christine124

Although I appreciate Paula's outlook on cosmetic and skin care, I have found very few of her products that I can use, or even like. I had a very hard time getting past the smell of this lotion. Even unscented, it smelled like dirty socks. The lotion was still quite heavy for my oily/combo skin type, and just kinda sat on my skin and made me feel oily. I did not work well under my make-up either. Just could not like this lotion.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by theroxywave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not hydrating enough for even my oily skin and smells like saliva.
I generally love PC's products...though I feel that her moisturizers only sound better on paper but do not really perform.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

For me, this moisturizer was simply not moisturizing enough and I have combo skin w/a slightly oily t-zone. I actually think it dried out my skin. It didn't cause any irritation or breakouts, but the smell is awful. The smell is so horrible, I can't even find words to describe it. It may work well for someone w/extremely oily skin or maybe someone w/ pretty normal skin. I've recently switched to PC's Skin Recovery Moisturizer and I'm finiding it works much better for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2007 3:50:00 AM More reviews by LuckiestLiz

When I first bought this moisturizer, I loved it. However, I soon began to expect a correlation between this lotion and a negative reaction. I persisted use, thinking it could be something else, and what a mistake. It burned terribly on contact, followed with red blotchy skin and an ever so slightly sticky feel after the lotion sinked in. Needless to say - it did not agree with my skin. The lotion felt alright otherwise, it wasn't heavy nor too runny, but I didn't appreciate the finish too much - not really matte, a teeny bit ... tacky? I can't get over how irritating it was for me, though, so anyone with sensitive skin may want to try a sample first!