July 31, 2014 | 2029 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Hydra Zen

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2005 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Orion_2003

I'm writing about the normal Hydra Zen -- in a pink jar, which is not to be confused with the Hydra Zen for dry skin (in a white jar). I don't see any great benefit of this moisturiser except its pleasant scent. I had used the whole jar before writting this review just to make sure that I wasn't too haste to judge the product. It was a real waste of money. It is a light moisturiser though but it doesn't give you a healthier looking or less-dehydrating skin. Call me a fool, but I don't know what are the use of these jars really. To add more to my confusion, there are far too many Hydra Zen versions in many countries. There is also Hydra Zen for dry skin (comes in a white tub) in Europe, which is better than the normal Hydra Zen available in Asia -- the pink one. I will not repurchase this one again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2005 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Flummig

I tryed the cream to normal and dry skins.I think it has a strong smell,too strong!I would not recommend this product to sensitives skins or dryskin's.I have sensitive/dry skin and the product was to strong for me..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2005 12:07:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the hydra zen cream for very dry skin. I dislike it because the fragrance itched my skin and it wasn't hydrating enough for my very dry skin.. I have sensitive skin that is very dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2005 3:08:00 PM More reviews by glossgal_01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This moisturizer is pretty good for what it's supposed to do, but just not one of my favorites. It smells great, is packaged in the nice jar, but I just prefer the Biotherm Aquasource for Dry Skin a bit better. When I get extremely dry during the winter, I find the Biotherm does a better job. I think this one would suit someone that needs a little extra in the winter but doesn't have severely dry skin/patches. I used up one jar, and tried the second, but it's just not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2004 12:26:00 PM More reviews by pisunica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used the Hydra Zen for dry skin. It really did nothing for me. It is not moisturizing enough. I don't really like the smell either. Very disappointed with this product. Plus, every few months they keep on changing the formula, or so it seems. The ladies at the Lancome counter don't know what to recommend anymore and they tell me that the Normal to Dry formula is good for dry skin. Well, i have tried that too and it is not true. They should really make uo their mind. I will never buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2004 1:32:00 PM More reviews by tygerlily005

This product is for severely dry skin so I would not recommend it if you're skin is mild or even moderately dehtdrated. My skin is weird during the winter. Some days I wake up with dry, flaky patches, others days I wake up with my "normal" skin. This is great for those dry, flaky patches; but a littly greasy for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2004 10:56:00 AM More reviews by malibu_jenny

I got this as a freebie and I'm sold! The smell is a little overpowering but makes my skin smell like I have a very expensive skincare regime (and I like that in a mosturiser). I noticed a bit of a burning sensation around my nose, that was slightly disturbing as it makes you wonder what the h3ll is in it? It does a good *light* job on my very oily skin, and sorts out any combination areas. Probably not ideal if you have very dry skin though.
Definitely one of the better lancome products for those times when you need to buy 2 things for your free gift.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2004 6:50:00 AM More reviews by alethea

I am sitting on the fence about this night cream. I really love it, the scent is relaxing and helps me sleep so much better. Everytime I smell it I feel happy. But after using it for a month I developed little bumps on my forehead. I am not sure if it is the cream or that I put too much of it, causing the bumps. I'll give it another try after my bumps clear and will update accordingly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2004 4:43:00 AM More reviews by blue_sea707

I have the dry skin version to dab on the occasional dry patches on my skin in winter.

Pros: moisturises well, absorbs well, not oily

Cons: too much fragrance, very expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2004 2:51:00 AM More reviews by babymonster

I tried this moisturiser and i don't like it at all. It's more suitable for those who are lack of hydration and oiliness at the same time but not for those who are only have dehyrated skin. The result is, it is too oily for me yet not enough of hydration. I won't say it is a bad product but just not for me.