August 31, 2014 | 1027 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Expressions Eyeshadow Palette - Sand Castle - 396 [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Marykate75

Pretty eye shadows!! Impressed that this is made by Wet n' Wild....usually I don't care much for their products, but these are nice. Pretty shimmery.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by taciturnxlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this palette. For 5 dollars, you get 8 pigmented neutral colors. It comes with a mirror on the bottom, so it's good for taking it on the go. The top left color makes a good highlight, and it's easy to build neutral looks with this. Very good quality for a cheap price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by happigirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'll keep this simple.. anyone almost any age can wear these colors.. the payoff is much better with a primer, but they are very flattering colors at a really great price. You can't go wrong with it, so try it sometime!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by sg00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

PICTURE HEAVY. Please click Continued for full review.

Sand Castle is a great neutrals palette overall, as long as you can stand shimmers/frost. The colors are long lasting and pigmented (with the exception of one), and a great bargain for the price. This drugstore product rivals some of the h/e stuff I've bought over the years. We're talking MAC, Stila, Lancome, Chanel, and LM here. Compared to the WnW trios, the palette's shades are a bit chalkier to the touch, but just as pigmented and long lasting. The only thing that's keeping this product from 5 lippies is the lack of matte shades.

Next to the Mojave Mauves Trio:

With the bulky mirror underneath pulled out:

First, you've got four super pigmented classics down the middle: taupe, gold, copper, brown. The copper's the only one that doesn't scream out to me (but then again, I'm not a huge copper fan.) The taupe is almost exactly the same as the bottom shade in the Mojave Mauves Trio. The Mojave Mauves shade is plummier, while this one has a tidbit more red in the undertones. It's apparently the same one as the taupe in the Paradise Cove palette too. A great all over the lid shade.

Mojave Mauves vs Sand Castle (natural light)

and with flash

The bottom brown shade is perfect for all over lid, crease, or lining. It's extremely similar to my HG brown, Milani's Java Bean. Java Bean is slightly redder and more metallic, and WnW is your classic deep bronze-brown. Both of these are gorgeous musthaves.

Java Bean vs Sand Castle (natural light)

and with flash (this is a better representation of the colors)

At first I dismissed the highlight colors as a glittery mess. After swatching and testing them on my eye, there are definitely subtle nuances distinguishing each of them. The two highlight colors on the right side are the kickers for sure.

Top left: shimmery-frosty pure white
    Bottom left: horrific glittery mess of a pinkish brown. This shade isn't very pigmented and is the only color I can say I hate in the whole palette.
    Top right: shimmery-frosty champagne-y off white
    Bottom right: gorgeous shimmery brownish pink with a tinge of peach

In natural light, from R->L: top left, bottom left, top right, bottom right

under direct sunlight

Hope this helped! :) continued >>

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by pintsized

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

You'd be crazy not to buy this. Very pigmented. Good basic colors. I know a lot of people say its too shimmery to wear during the day...but I do. Just wear one color..put it on sheer and then use brown eyeliner. The next best thing would be if they came in other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by xroars

gorgeous for neutral looks and pigmented browns. nearly no smudging and stays all day on my waterline :) love 'em.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by luckyangelou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this palette! It's great for shimmery neutral looks. For such an inexpensive product, the shadows have good color payoff and aren't chalky. I use this on a weekly basis usually, and I will buy another if I use all of the one I have now. I highly recommend this palette for anyone who likes neutral looks with a bit a shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by mam311

This is great for traveling! I love all of the colors. I didnt feel like bringing all of my eyeshadow on my recent vacation so I picked this up, and I absolutely love it! I find that if you dampen the applicator or es brush (which I use) the shadow goes on a little better. And the big mirror that slides out is great! Will definately purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:29:00 AM More reviews by nb1113

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this product. the eyeshadow colors are good dupes's for MAC naked lunch, sugar shot, vanilla, bronze, satin taupe, sable. very pigmented. going to buy in every palette. good pop out mirror, can do entire makeup using the mirror.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I already had this product in "Paradise Cove" and after 3 days, loved it so much I decided to go out and buy Sand Castle! Wen N' Wild is slowly becoming one of my favorite brands. These shadows are super shimmery (some may not like that but I do!), highly pigmented, super blendable, have great staying power and go on smooth with VERY little fallout (I use a creamy concealer as a base, not sure how they work out with other bases or primers). It has a range of colors from light highlight/lid colors to dark colors for the "outer v" or to line your eyes with. This would be a great palette to throw in your makeup bag for travelling. I know some people complained about the "clunky" packaging - take 8 eyeshadows and a mirror and put them in your purse, I guarantee they will take up at least twice as much room (and probably cost well more than twice as much) as this palette!