August 22, 2014 | 1107 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by jcoyote30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to be able to use this foundation, but my sensitive oily skin reacted to it even though it's advertised as good for sensitive skin. I tried it on two different days, once with the oil control primer and once without the primer...both times my skin started itching really bad almost immediately and was all red and angry looking by the end of the day. The coverage was good, though, and together with the oil control primer my face looked awesome...before it turned red and irritated. I'm sad I can't use this product :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by SweetBecka

I have quite oily skin and this foundation lasts really well for me. It also looks very natural not cakey, not glowy. My 13 yr old has some slight acne that she was trying to cover with some makeup a friend gave her which I did not like, it was too dark and somewhat orangey. I had my daughter try this and had to decant some of my huge jar for her. I have to say it looked great on her and didn't look like she had makeup on.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by aliawilk123

Everything makes me break out, and this product is meant for sensitive acne prone skin so I thought I would try it. The texture is nice and it didn't make me break out, but the coverage is ehh and it is FULL of sparkles! I even like shimmery foundations, but this was ridiculous. Overall, I am glad I did not purchase the full size right off the bat.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by purplefrontline

I tried this mineral foundation based on the reviews here. Unfortunately I was pretty disappointed. The coverage was not great and if I applied light layers it just looked thick and cakey. The color choices were fine but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am really liking this foundation. It covers well (buildable), is great for acne-prone skin and keeps me pretty matte throughout the day. My one and only gripe is that I still cannot find the perfect color match. It's so hard to find the right color off the internet (even though they have a wide variety of colors) and their samples are so small that it's hard to really use them long enough to find the right color match. I got great help from Jen on the website and I think I will have to end up mixing two colors in order to get the right match. I will update if this is the case.
UPDATE: Still love the foundation but still having a hard time with the color match even though I am mixing two colors. The yellowish and golden colors (Korat/Abyssian) make me too yellow and the neutral colors (Siamese/Manx) make me look gray.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by NoelMarie

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Made up of just four ingredients - Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, and Iron Oxides - this simple and good for my skin foundation is truly amazing! Pampered Puss is a light to medium coverage formula which feels soothing to my skin and lasts all day (no small accomplishment). Although it feels like I am wearing nothing on my face, it covers my imperfections beautifully while still allowing my own skin to show through. The online forum is a great source of help in deciding on the correct color for your skin (Jen is fabulous!) and with almost 100 different shades ranging from pure white to deep mahogany, there is a good chance of finding a match no matter what your skintone. Prices range from $1 for a sample baggie (enough product for several applications) to $12.95 for a 25 gram Munchkin jar, and $23.95 for a jumbo 85 gram jar. I have been wearing Papmered Puss for almost two years and my skin couldn't be happier.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2009 5:02:00 AM More reviews by bluepineapple59

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

ORIGINAL
I was tossing up whether to give this a 4 or a 5, beacause it is a beautiful foundation. However, I gave it a 4 because I think that, even though this looks beautiful, purrrfect puss looks even better. That said, this formula is designed for those with very sensitive skin, so if you have sensitive skin try both and see what works for you.

EDIT I changed my mind. The pampered and purrfect formulas are equally lovely, they just cater for different needs. The purrrfect formula offers light coverage and is the most natural looking, while the pampered formula offeres light to medium coverage and is more layerable, yet still natural. I ended up purchasing one of each: purrrfect for day, pampered for night. They are both suitable for sensitive skin, but pampered is more so. Also, while all three formulas can work for oily skin, pampered is most recomended, followed by flawless and then purrrfect. So I have decided that these are both equally lovely foundations which suit slightly different needs. They are both very finely milled and go on beautifully. I recomend getting a sample of at least 2 formulas before purchasing.

Also, Sleek Chausie is my first true match ever. Before this I wore Shu Uemura #584 face architect liquid illusion which was a good undertone match. I also had #364 in the powder foundation, however I much prefer meow for colour match and texture. Meow offers something like 12 undertones so there is something for everyone. Meow is also great for those who are really fair, even albino white, because even if the lightest shade is too dark, they offer one which is white and can be mixed with it or worn alone. Just be careful becuase they are lighter then you might think. I'm usually the lightest or occassionally second lightest shade and I'm a #2, which is 3rd lightest. Also the picture look different of differnent monitors so read the descriptions and if your not surer send an email or post a picture on the forum.

BTW cost is $23.95 for 3oz/85g full size jar and $12.95 25g Munchkin jar ($2 more than purrrfect, $2 less than flawless). All samples are $1 each. (As of 1/Oct/09)

EDIT changed it back to a 4. I purchased the lighter formula, but found the packaging messy and when my skin got darker in summer it was too light, but the shade up was like a bronzer. I now prefer my shu products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I have tried soo many foundations liquid, cream, powder, mineral. This is my HG!! The packaging is great, its so affordable, acne friendly, and there are sooo many colors to choose from. The blushes are fantastic too!! I rec this to all of my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this foundation for some time now (along with a host of other foundations I rotate!) and really like it.

I am MAC NW25, Chanel 30, Becca Olive, EDM Beige Neutral, blonde hair, blue eyes, normal skin which has a tendency towards hormonal breakouts. I got matched on the Meow forum (they are very helpful if you need advice as to colours) as either Frisky or Naughty Persian (peach-based) and ordered both. Naughty Persian is far too dark but Frisky Persian is a perfect match and for summer when I have a tan I mix in a small amount of Naughty with Frisky. Having said that I have a feeling I would probably suit more colours as Meow has a massive selection of tones and shades.

I agree that the Pampered Puss foundation doesn't seem to give heavy coverage. More like light to medium, although it goes on sheer and is very layerable. It gives a matte finish without drying out my skin (I usually use spray toner to set afterwards and prevent it from looking too "done"). I apply with my EDM flat top brush and the jar is big enough so I can swirl my brush in the lid. It lasts all day and covers all imperfections save for particularly angry-looking pimples. The good thing about this Meow foundation though is that you can apply it as a concealer using a concealer brush.

The price is decent for the amount you get (US$12.95 for a Munchkin 25g jar or US$23.95 for an 85g jar) and it lasts forever. It's worth a try - samples are US$1 each.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got these in samples, and was dissapointed, the website said that it is for medium/heavy coverage. So I thought this would suit my needs, but apparently not. I didnt see any color enhancement, and it didnt do any type of coverage. I was dissappointed, Im very reluctant to give flawless feline a try now, since this one has failed. Im scared Im going to waste my money and time patience waiting for the mail to be dissapointed again. Ive been wanting a natural mineral powder, I guess ill have to stick with maybelline and lancome liquids.