December 21, 2014 | 1890 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by rxqueen011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

10/4/10- I'm adding a more comprehensive review now that I have been using it for so long. I've discontinued my search for a liquid foundation since I finally found an application technique that works for me. You may want to try this method if you find that you can't get enough product on and/or it looks flakey. First I prime my face with aloe vera gel. Then I spritz a section of my face with Thermal Water (or Fix+, something like that) and stipple the foundation on with my EcoTools Kabuki. This gives the foundation something to stick to. Then I do a final spritz after applying blush/bronzer. This gives my face a flawless look and I haven't had flakies since. The powder really needs to meld with natural oils or something of the like. Also, lasting power is pretty darn good! I wore it during the hottest months of the summer and never had a problem with it rubbing off. Don't tell anyone, but I have fallen asleep many a night with this foundation on and and it still looks good in the morning.

I have to add that this is EXCELLENT for sensitive skin. It does not break me out or cause irritation of any kind. First foundation (liquid included) that I can say this about. It is more sheer, yes. I have started putting a little concealer over the problem areas. I'd rather do that than pile on several layers of foundation. Any more than two layers starts to look a little heavy.

EDIT: 8/4/10

I decided to give Meow foundations another shot and ordered some new samples since I'm am darker in the summer and the first round didn't match me perfectly.
My match is now Naughty/Fierce Abyssinian and the coverage is better than the Frisky I had previously. There must be something about Frisky Abyssinian in the PP formula because I know there are many others who experienced the same issues. FF still has better coverage, but it itches! I'm glad I decided to give Meow another shot! I will buy this again. My previous rating was a 2, but I've decided to give it 4. Pampered Puss is not perfect, but it's also the only mineral foundation that my skin will tollerate. I find that I'm needing more coverage, as this does not cover redness or acne scars (and mine are light). Primer is an absolute must or it will sink into your pores.

OLDER REVIEW: I have to agree with Satinsheets's review. I bought Frisky Abyssinian, as well, and it is like white powder with a slight tint of yellow. There is too much of a difference between that shade and the next shade up. The coverage is also meh and is very glittery! I much prefer the formula in Flawless Feline because it gives great coverage and is more matte. I do love this company, though and enjoy their other products.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by RumbleBee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this product! i've tried other mineral foundations, such as BE, and they irritated my skin. this does no such thing. it glides on and disappears into my skin. i settled on the 4 Mau in fierce, and hope to get the same shade in 5 for summer. you actually have to buy the samples first if you want to match your skin tone, or else you may end up with the wrong shade, and then you've just wasted your money. for some ppl thats a pain, but i actually enjoyed it. onto coverage, when i apply this i use the sonia kashuk synthetic flat blusher brush for when i want full coverage all over, or just where i have a breakout or discoloration. it i want medium coverage, i use a kabuki brush. light coverage i use a powder brush. i hope that helps some people with the coverage issue. it does matter what kind of brush you use for application. thanx for reading :).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm quite disappointed in this product, I bought it because of the positive reviews. I was looking forward to trying it and expected it to replace my Everyday Minerals. I bought this in Abyssinian in Frisky (which is Light) the shade description says for beige and yellow undertones, which sounds ideal for my asian skin. When it came in the mail, the color did not match the swatch color on the website, it looked like ghost white transclucent powder, and it has about the same coverage. To me it was like putting chalk on my face no coverage, I don't have problem skin but I like a foundation that evens and looks great. This did nothing for me!! Disappointed, can't return it and would not be willing to try another shade. I bought a full size :( oh well, maybe I'll use as a finishing powder over liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by met451

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best mineral makeup foundation I've ever used!

I ordered a few samples ($1 each) after consulting the online forum about what my ideal match is (just submit a photo and you'll get feedback).

I usually have a really hard time with mineral makeup disappearing after a few hours due to my oily skin, but as long as I use the oily skin primer from Meow Cosmetics under this, it lasts most if not the entire day. But what I absolutely LOVE most about this powder is the fact that I do not have to buff it in like other makeup lines. Because of this, it's very quick to apply and looks flawless even with my large pores. Sinks in quickly and never looks cakey. Although there is visible mica in this foundation, at least its not like EDM where I look down-right shiny after application.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by jcoyote30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to be able to use this foundation, but my sensitive oily skin reacted to it even though it's advertised as good for sensitive skin. I tried it on two different days, once with the oil control primer and once without the primer...both times my skin started itching really bad almost immediately and was all red and angry looking by the end of the day. The coverage was good, though, and together with the oil control primer my face looked awesome...before it turned red and irritated. I'm sad I can't use this product :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by SweetBecka

I have quite oily skin and this foundation lasts really well for me. It also looks very natural not cakey, not glowy. My 13 yr old has some slight acne that she was trying to cover with some makeup a friend gave her which I did not like, it was too dark and somewhat orangey. I had my daughter try this and had to decant some of my huge jar for her. I have to say it looked great on her and didn't look like she had makeup on.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by aliawilk123

Everything makes me break out, and this product is meant for sensitive acne prone skin so I thought I would try it. The texture is nice and it didn't make me break out, but the coverage is ehh and it is FULL of sparkles! I even like shimmery foundations, but this was ridiculous. Overall, I am glad I did not purchase the full size right off the bat.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by purplefrontline

I tried this mineral foundation based on the reviews here. Unfortunately I was pretty disappointed. The coverage was not great and if I applied light layers it just looked thick and cakey. The color choices were fine but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am really liking this foundation. It covers well (buildable), is great for acne-prone skin and keeps me pretty matte throughout the day. My one and only gripe is that I still cannot find the perfect color match. It's so hard to find the right color off the internet (even though they have a wide variety of colors) and their samples are so small that it's hard to really use them long enough to find the right color match. I got great help from Jen on the website and I think I will have to end up mixing two colors in order to get the right match. I will update if this is the case.
UPDATE: Still love the foundation but still having a hard time with the color match even though I am mixing two colors. The yellowish and golden colors (Korat/Abyssian) make me too yellow and the neutral colors (Siamese/Manx) make me look gray.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by NoelMarie

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Made up of just four ingredients - Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, and Iron Oxides - this simple and good for my skin foundation is truly amazing! Pampered Puss is a light to medium coverage formula which feels soothing to my skin and lasts all day (no small accomplishment). Although it feels like I am wearing nothing on my face, it covers my imperfections beautifully while still allowing my own skin to show through. The online forum is a great source of help in deciding on the correct color for your skin (Jen is fabulous!) and with almost 100 different shades ranging from pure white to deep mahogany, there is a good chance of finding a match no matter what your skintone. Prices range from $1 for a sample baggie (enough product for several applications) to $12.95 for a 25 gram Munchkin jar, and $23.95 for a jumbo 85 gram jar. I have been wearing Papmered Puss for almost two years and my skin couldn't be happier.