April 23, 2014 | 2025 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by RollingStones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Very precise. Good for retro looks, etc. Takes a minute to dry though. ;]

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by SimpleDreams17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first liquid eyeliner and i am a little disappointed. It goes on a little uneven. Although the color is amazing and lasts all day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the worst products I have ever tried. The brush is horrible. Its really hard and stiff. And the color was not black at all! it was like a watered down gray. Yuck! I will never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Hearted

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really hate this liner! The application brush is really stiff which made it go on horrible. The liquid was really watery nothing I could work with and it just looked horrible.. Never will I purchse this product again. The liquid spills out of the bottle if it's knocked over too. It made lining my eyes virtually impossible. The price wasn't worth it, luckly it came as a bonus with the Telescopic masacara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I personally like this liner, but you have to get the hang of it. It took some getting used to. The brush is different- I don't even know if I'd call it a brush since i don't feel any bristles and it's very stiff, almost like a hardened piece of felt or something. But it's usable. When applying to the top I keep kinda still waiting for it to dry. The bottom can be a bit trickier since it's so liquid-y. I apply in moderation and kinda blend with my fingers a little if the line is off or needs fixing. I like the results though- nice, wet-looking inky black. It is a runny formula but I like using it. Not sure if I would get it again, I'd want to try other liquid liners even though didn't mind this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was truly shocked by the bad reviews and the low 2.6 lippies of this product. This was given to me by a friend who received it as a bonus with a mascara purchase, she doesn't like liquid liner therefore I received it! Yeah for free makeup!! Anyways I really like this liner. The colour is a true bold black and the consistency was perfect, neither too thick nor runny. The felt tip applicator was a little bit of a learning curve due to the tip being larger then what I normally use, but after a few days I'm very comfortable using it. I only apply this liner to the top lashes and I'm so impressed how well it held up. No budging, smearing or flaking, plus washes off with ease using my usual facial cleanser. i like this product so much I will actually buy my own after I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by grammatically

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm sad that this eyeliner receives such bad reviews! I just bought the Telescopic Waterproof today, on sale for CAD$7, and I adore it so far. Firstly, the brush is fantastic. I used to use the L'Oreal Lineur Intense brush, which I found too long and bendy to do the perfect wing, not to mention a little too thick at the end. This brush is just right, with a lovely pointed tip. The formula is also great - it goes on super smoothly, very dark, and doesn't sting my sensitive eyes unlike other eyeliners.

My favourite thing about this liner is that it DOES. NOT. BUDGE. I hate smudgey eyeliner and have been using Annabelle liquid which smudges way too much at the corners of my eyes for my liking. Well, this eyeliner doesn't move, even when I rub at it. It's not totally waterproof - it does come off a bit in water, and comes off almost completely if you rub at it in water - but its staying power is fantastic. I also really love how it almost flakes off rather than smudging, it'll be way easier to fix during the day than panda eyes from my Annabelle eyeliner.

I'm loving this eyeliner - it's definitely my HG for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by korrenmaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product if i'm going for a more dramatic look. It says on way longer than my regular stick eyeliner and with the "marker-like" tip it's easy to apply and get a precise line.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by kiwikiwidragon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this eyeliner overall but there are a few things I would do different if I produced it. The brush/applicator: I really hate pointy eyeliner brushes, IMO, they should be flat like a paint brush, or at an angle. The container: I would make it more a of a dispenser instead of a dip stick style.
All that being said, the formula is great, once you tap it out on a hard surface and apply it with your own brush, it sets wonderfully and doesn't transfer to the upper eyelid at all. It withstands some moisture, but not completely waterproof. If you get the un-set liquid into your eye, it burns, so i would not recommend it for the waterline at all. Overall, if you are used to cream/liquid eyeliner this is inky black and has great color payoff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been trying to figure out if the liner I've been using is the same as the one being reviewed here, because I've had an overall pleasant experience with it!

It came packaged as a bonus product with my Beauty Tubes mascara, and I hadn't used liquid liner for almost a decade, so I figured I would give it a shot. The applicator does suck, and is the reason I only gave it a 4 out of 5, because it's stiff and hard to get a symmetric wing on both eyes. I can only use it when I have enough time to be a perfectionist, which doesn't happen much.

The liner itself is pretty awesome, though. I get a crisp, dark line that lasts all day long, with just a tiny bit of flaking if I've been too heavy-handed, and very minimal transfer to my top lid (which is a problem for me with most liners, no matter what form.) Mine doesn't say it's waterproof, but it definitely is - in fact, my only complaint is that I can't wipe it away easily if I screw up! Once it's on, it's there until I bust out the makeup remover wipes. I once had to go to the gym with it on, and was so sure it was all over the place after sweat ran all over my eyes, but when I got back to the locker room it was still exactly in place!

If the applicator was better (more flexible, or an actual brush) I'd continue to buy this. As it is, I'm trying to see if I can find something that works just as well but is easier to apply.