L'Oreal Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner

2.7

on 9/10/2010 11:06:00 PM

This review is for the waterproof version.

This is my first liquid eyeliner product so I don't have anything else to compare it to, but it seems to be decent. Definitely waterproof, doesn't smudge. I noticed one or two flakes, but not a big deal. Very black. Not sure if the line is easy to control since it is my first liquid eyeliner, but I didn't seem to have much trouble (my lack of experience is probably more of an issue).

Dislikes: when it came time to remove it, it became a flakey mess. not necessarily a deal breaker, but a bit annoying to clean off.

For now, I would purchase again.

on 8/8/2010 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

so, like the other reviewers who liked this product, i'm really shocked at the bad reviews! to each their own, i suppose.

i paid $7.99 for this, which is a tad bit expensive for me. BUT, i was really fed up with cheap liquid eyeliner flakin on me, so i figured i'd spend the extra $$$ and hope it was worth it. and in this case, it was! yay!

i got the carbon black color, and it dries a very dark bold matte black, which is great. and personally, i didnt think it was too watery at all...

the brush IS stiff, but i prefer a shorter stiffer brush over a long wiggly one anyways, so i like it. besides, i always use a wet q-tip to go back over my liquid eyeliner to make it perfect anyways.

i feel like the bottle is kind of small, but these days it seems like nobody sells a big bottle of liquid liner :/

best thing: this liner stays put! woo hoo! it doesnt flake off at all, and i even rubbed my eye by mistake b/c i forgot that i was wearin makeup, and i thought i'd ruined it for sure, but it was still perfect! also, it washes off easily with the expert cleansing and toning clothes i use, and none stays behind.

i'll probably try some other cheaper brands, but if i dont find anything else that i like, i wouldnt mind re-buying this.

UPDATE
i'm changin this to NO, i will not re-buy,and knockin off a lippie b/c over time this gets REALLY watery, and you have to dab it on instaed of swipe it on :/

on 8/7/2010 2:26:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was dissapointed with this product. I really purchased it because it had a nice brown coour and because it said it was a felt tip applicator. I liked the applicator for it but the product dried out way to quick. I'm pretty quick at applying eyeliner, but when I went to make my line larger and went over the piece I had drawn previously it dried so quickly it started clumping and crumbling all over my eye!

Its almost as if you have to have the perfect line when you first apply it. For myself I sometimes go over a bit of the line to make it thicker and its not working w/ this product. i thought the colour was good and the staying power is ok... I put some on my hand but the drying out part is the real problem...

on 7/15/2010 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Its an OK liquid eyeliner. Gives you the bold look. IT has an intense color. Good formula. You SHOULD have a steady hand when applying it because the line will sometimes comes out sorta CRUID. I expected more than what i got from it. I wouldn't probably buy it again. Its kinda expensive for the amount of liquid you get from the little bottle.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Very precise. Good for retro looks, etc. Takes a minute to dry though. ;]

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my first liquid eyeliner and i am a little disappointed. It goes on a little uneven. Although the color is amazing and lasts all day.

on 6/12/2010 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the worst products I have ever tried. The brush is horrible. Its really hard and stiff. And the color was not black at all! it was like a watered down gray. Yuck! I will never buy this again.

on 6/11/2010 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I really hate this liner! The application brush is really stiff which made it go on horrible. The liquid was really watery nothing I could work with and it just looked horrible.. Never will I purchse this product again. The liquid spills out of the bottle if it's knocked over too. It made lining my eyes virtually impossible. The price wasn't worth it, luckly it came as a bonus with the Telescopic masacara.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I personally like this liner, but you have to get the hang of it. It took some getting used to. The brush is different- I don't even know if I'd call it a brush since i don't feel any bristles and it's very stiff, almost like a hardened piece of felt or something. But it's usable. When applying to the top I keep kinda still waiting for it to dry. The bottom can be a bit trickier since it's so liquid-y. I apply in moderation and kinda blend with my fingers a little if the line is off or needs fixing. I like the results though- nice, wet-looking inky black. It is a runny formula but I like using it. Not sure if I would get it again, I'd want to try other liquid liners even though didn't mind this one.

on 6/4/2010 3:08:00 AM

I was truly shocked by the bad reviews and the low 2.6 lippies of this product. This was given to me by a friend who received it as a bonus with a mascara purchase, she doesn't like liquid liner therefore I received it! Yeah for free makeup!! Anyways I really like this liner. The colour is a true bold black and the consistency was perfect, neither too thick nor runny. The felt tip applicator was a little bit of a learning curve due to the tip being larger then what I normally use, but after a few days I'm very comfortable using it. I only apply this liner to the top lashes and I'm so impressed how well it held up. No budging, smearing or flaking, plus washes off with ease using my usual facial cleanser. i like this product so much I will actually buy my own after I run out.