Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 8/14/2014 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Once upon a time, this was one of the only dry shampoos out there so it was valued. Now almost every hair care brand around has dry shampoo so things have changed.

When I used this one, I used it sparingly but this has always left my hair feeling overly dry, sticky in texture and dull. I always felt like I needed to shampoo twice to get all of the residue that it leaves behind.

My favorite at the moment is Dove, which is light, smells nice, leaves the hair looking naturally clean and doesn't gunk it up. It's also only about $4, while this runs $8+.

on 8/14/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My staple for those oilier than usual 2nd hair days. It never shows white on me, but then again I'm blonde. It feels kind of cooling on my scalp, especially after a workout. It really helps to cut the grease and add volume once it's been worked in. I use the "blush" scent and it's fairly strong but not overtly perfume-y. I can't remember the exact price since one can goes a long way for me and it's been a while since I've purchased it. I don't think it's very expensive. Regardless, I will continue to purchase.

on 8/8/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have been wanting to try a dry shampoo for awhile and heard this was a good brand. I was browsing TJ Maxx and saw it for $5 so figured I'd give it a try. I sampled each scent and found I liked the Tropical scent the best. I have never used another dry shampoo before, so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. My hair is somewhat problematic, very fine, lacks volume, tends to get oily quickly at the roots while the ends stay dry, so I try not to over-wash it as it starts to look like straw. I wasn't expecting too terribly much, but I did want something to help absorb the oils at the roots of my hair so I could go longer without washing it. I really think this product did the trick! It absorbed all the oil at my roots and made my hair look freshly washed again and it smelled great, too. It also added a small amount of volume at the roots which I can appreciate after years of flat hair. I was slightly worried about residue, but I did not notice any. I do not do a lot of styling or use many products in my hair, so it took a bit of getting used to trying to spray in layers to hit all my roots without using too much or missing spots. However, I think overall it was pretty easy to use and boy did it help my hair!

on 8/3/2014 10:32:00 PM

This dry shampoo had CHANGED my life!! Definitely my HG hair product!! I use & love the dark brown! I have tried so many others... From drug store brands to expensive salon only brands--- and this soooo far passing all of them!! I can go 4 days without washing my hair....I even spray it in my hair after washing & blow drying bc it gives my hair major lift & volume! I Love You Batiste!!!!

on 8/3/2014 9:43:00 PM

This product is wonderful. Sometimes when I got out on the town at evening after school or work, I don't have enough time to shower and then re-do my hair. I spray some of this and bam! My hair gets instant lift and volume, like it was washed and blown dry. It smells great. I have dark black hair and it doesn't whiten my roots or anything.

on 7/31/2014 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love love love this product. I can go almost one week without washing my hair. It gives it tons of volume. I've tried every dry shampoo out there and I always come back to this one. Highly recommend!

on 7/27/2014 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Been through bottles of this. I've only tried the original and tropical scented but I'm really excited to try the volume one and the one for brunettes. I also love the travel sized ones cause I can take them anywhere. I have lots of fine hair that is chemically damaged at the ends but naturally oily at the roots which is a problem for me since I can't wash my hair everyday or my ends will dry but I also get really greasy hair, especially my bang (Omg). I love this dry shampoo because it gets rid of all my grease so I don't have to wash my hair everyday. Yay Batiste :)

on 7/26/2014 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It works very well, I can go days without showering with this product and I have greasy hair.

on 7/24/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

After reading countless reviews and trying a terrible dry shampoo, I gave this dry shampoo a chance. I saw it in Walgreens and bought it in the original scent. The bottle is a can and it's skinny and tall with a pretty design. It's attractive to the eye and it is a spray kind of product, so after a work-out, I sprayed this on my hair. The original scent doesn't smell pleasant, but it doesn't really smell bad either. It's kind of a neutral scent, so it doesn't bother me. I do exactly what the directions on the bottle tell me to do, so I spray it on my oily roots and kind of ruffle my hair. I notice that it leaves a bit of a gray color on my hair, which is black, so I ruffle it even more and it's gone. That was easy! It only took maybe 60 seconds for my hair to look clean again.

I started to have issues with this product and learned that you have to shake the can. I mean, REALLY shake it. If not, it will leave a powder on your hair. This is annoying for me since I have dark hair. All in all, great product. Will be repurchasing.

on 7/22/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My hair has started to get greasier more frequently now it's summer and often find myself reaching for this (I love the tropical scented one!).
Although I have deep brown hair this does leave a white cast, but once rubbed in and brushed out its as good as before and you can't see any traces of white.
It gets rid of 90% of my oils in my hair. Not completely, but does a good job indeed!

Top Rated Batiste Products