December 18, 2014 | 1384 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Max

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 5:27:00 AM More reviews by SiennaWu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the only mascara I currently use. It thickens, lengthens and separates the lashes (and the price isn't too shabby either). I have tried other products but always come back to Max Factor.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by swtbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As an Asian, I have stick straight eyelashes. Takes ages and lots of clamping with my Shiseido eyelash curler to get them curled and even then doesn't last long. I'm not particularly interested in a lot of volume but more length and holding power. After trying CG's LashBlast and hating it I was on the hunt for another mascara.

I stumbled upon the Max Factor Masterpiece Max at Big W for AU$23.84. Found it pretty expensive compared to the LashBlast and other mascaras like the Maybelline Full'n'Soft (that are actually going for $10 at Kmart at the moment). Wish Max Factor went on sale a bit more (apart from at Priceline where it's still pricey with a discount!).

Didn't like the packaging ....if you called no packaging packaging - just had the mascara by itself with a security seal on it. So the black plastic was a bit scratched and had fingerprints on it. Others might not be fussed, but I like my stuff new and untouched thank you very much!

I quite like this mascara actually. For one thing, it doesn't clump at all. Definitely lengthened my lashes and you could see a bit more volume. I really like the brush, it's pretty easy to coat the inner eyelashes. Only downside is that it didn't hold my curl very well. After a couple of coats, it seemed to weigh down the eyelashes.

Overall, I give this mascara an overall rating of 4/5. Wasn't cheap, I seriously should of waited for a sale but I'm just not that patient. However, I would buy it again simply because it gave me volume and length without clumping!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by wrecktechno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my, this is fantastic. Lengthens, thickens, makes my lashes look amazing. It's easy to remove, it doesn't clump, easily separates my lashes. I decided to switch to False Lash Effect (as I got this as a free sample with that anyway) but regretted the decision (although FLE is also great). This is my absolute favourite mascara. Build it up (whilst still wet!) for night, one coat for day.
Love love love love love

Edit: why can't you buy this in Canada?! oh my, I miss this!!! :( I'd forgotten how amazing it was but I'd buy a carton if it was available here!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by nosethrill

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pretty good mascara. Possibly the best one I currently own. The reason it gets a 4 instead of the full 5 is that it is a little clumpy on anything more than one coat, and it does flake a tiny bit.
On the plus side though, it's a lovely dense black and one coat still looks very good if you're in a hurry (one coat looks like 2 or 3 coats of a cheaper mascara). It doesn't smudge too much, although all mascaras smudge a little on me. It removes easily.
Masterpiece Max does make my lashes look quite full and a bit longer - in fact when I put my glasses on my eyelashes were brushing against the lenses!
I am pretty impressed with this mascara. It's not *quite* amazing enough to stop me trying others, but I will definitely buy this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by foreveronline

All the Masterpiece and False Lash Effect series could be perfect for me, but somehow I have an allergie for all Max Factor mascaras: lashes begin to fall out and eyes begin to pinch by the evening.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by theladyisachump

Isn't it strange how you generally end up coming back to the same old reliable products time and time again...? I have gone through more mascaras than I care to name; from Maybelline to Dior to YSL and back to Maybelline again, but I always experience the same problem... smudging. I was particularly disappointed to find that every mascara I tried looked wonderful when applied and then ended up under my eyes a few hours later. Not a good look. And yes, this happened even when I applied loose powder under my eye. Grrrr!
---------------------------------------------
Anyway, I had bought Masterpiece Max not long after it was first launched in 2005/6. I didn't really start wearing any make-up til the age of 16, and as a result, I would apply the mascara pretty badly, and then just blame the poor result on the mascara itself... oh what a fool! Now that I am older and much the wiser, I know how to actually use cosmetics. A few months ago, I stumbled across an old tube of Masterpiece while clearing out my make-up bag. Thinking how long it had been since I used it, I curled my lashes and applied it to see what I had been missing. Ah, wonderful volume! Excellent definition! And no clumps, even though the tube was over two years old (I know, I know, I'm a terrible person for using old mascara, so sue me!). And best of all... no smudging!!!
-------------------------------------------
Masterpiece Max has since become my staple everyday product. I have medium to longish lashes, but they aren't particularly thick or populous. I would rather have a volumising mascara than a lengthening one, I always think if you make your lashes TOO long, they look a bit ridiculous (just one girl's opinion!). Overall, Masterpiece Max is as close to a HG mascara as I'm going to get at the moment, and I'm extremely happy with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by theotherphaeton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A stone cold classic. As long as you use this with eyelash curlers, you're guaranteed perfect lashes. Mine are your typical redhead's - pale, spindly, and I look about 12 if I don't put any eye make-up on. This mascara really pumps them up, separates nicely, and is a breeze to remove. Every time I um and ah about trying another one, I end up disappointed and running back to Max. Much better than the usual Masterpiece which is a bit underwhelming, and lightyears better than anything else on the market.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

This a fab mascara - always looks great. Can use daytime or build up for night time. Love the brush and the way it coats my lashes without clumping or becoming flaky. Opens up eyes and doesn't smudge or budge. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by inkiepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the only mascara I've ever bought more than once. I have very long but sparse eyelashes, so this was absolutely perfect for me as it volumises lots and lengthens only a bit. It can last all day and night without flaking or smudging, with one coat giving a pretty look and three coats for mucho drama. I adore it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first time I've ever used a Max Factor mascara, and I can't believe I waited for so long. The quality is astounding for such a cheap mascara. When I say cheap, I mean a mascara that doesn't cost 19+, like ones by Estee Lauder and Chanel do. The black shade is a very dark, satisfying black, and it makes my lashes thicker and more volumised. It lasts all day with flaking or smudging, yet washes off easily with water. However, it doesn't really lengthen my lashes by much, which is a shame, because if it did, it would be my HG mascara.