September 18, 2014 | 936 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:21:00 AM More reviews by sangrmahlia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Spent a lot of time (and money) trying to find a perfect lotion for my dry skin--and I found it in Vaseline. I knew the answer would be simple. This beats most body butters I know, plus it's not sticky at all (extremely moisturizing but not sticky = quality rare enough for me to give it a 5). Also since it's cheap I am quite generous when applying it. It gives a really nice glow to my tan skin, which is a well-received plus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the smell and this stuff really works to keep my dry winter skin from being itchy. Never too heavy/greasy, absorbs really well. I love putting it on my legs after shaving for a supersmooth finish. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by kristenbieber

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have insanely dry skin and every moisturizer i have ever used just dries it out more or irritates it, but not this! This is the BEST moisturizer i have ever used. i use it on my entire body, including my face. it makes my skin feel smooth and moisturized and smells really good. I will never stop buying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by leyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For such price and quality, who wouldn't buy this again?!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by triplet3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this moisturizer, it makes my skin feel so soft and it evens out my skin tone <3 I have been using it for about a Two months now. The price is great too ! I bought the 750ml one in the pump bottle. I paid 6 dollars for it. its a better deal to get the 750ml one rather than the 355 ml one.!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for the price. The ingredients list is quite nice if you want something to moisturise your skin and get absorbed - petrolatum is listed second and glycerine is third, there's no mineral oil. The butter extracts start at the 8th ingredient. This has cacao and shea butter, soybean and sunflower oil, collagen aminoacids, vitamin a, urea and other goodies that you won't find in other products within this price range.

I personally like the smell. It doesn't reek of cocoa butter, but rather has a subtle earthy smell. It does not linger and is by no means offensive. I'm confused as to why people are complaining about it.

This is nice for all over your body and is absorbed quite quickly considering the ingredients. The only thing I dislike about the texture is that if I put this on my feet, they get 'squeaky' after the lotion goes in. It sounds bizarre and I dunno if I'm explaining this well, but the sensation isn't pleasant, especially when you get in bed and want to sleep (I have a bad habit of rubbing my feet together as I fall asleep, so this is probably not an issue for anyone else). I like this for my elbows and other dry areas and they don't feel sticky. The softness doesn't last for ages, but this doesn't claim to and frankly this product isn't a pain to reapply, unlike some body butters/souffles.

I'd recommend this to anybody. The bottle comes with a pump and is huuuuuuuuuuuge, so it'll last you forever and you can smear yourself in it and reapply as often as you please because it won't break the bank.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this all of the time especially during summer. It moisturizes really well. I really like the fact that it seems to bring out my tan and make my skin shine in a way that looks good. It makes your skin look vibrant. It's suppose to even out skin tone as well. Because the product works so great I use it, but at times I don't like how a few hours later I can still feel it on my skin some what like it doesn't absorb well, but the product definitely works.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by alyssac3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using Vaseline lotions on my body since I was a kid. No other drug store brand is as hydrating as Vaseline lotions are nor do they come in as big of a bottle as this (I usually get the 750mL) which is meant for everyday use. I usually alternate between the cocoa butter and aloe fresh throughout the year.

I love the smell of this product, it's not a real cocoa butter smell but it smells soft and sweet. It blends well into the skin and dries without leaving your skin oily or sticky, make sure you let it absorb into your skin before putting on clothes etc.

I find that when I switch to this lotion you really need to use it everyday (after showering to lock in hydration) for about a week or two to notice the drastic improvement in your skin's tone and texture. AND it really works especially If you are a daily scrubber or exfoliator like I am then this product is perfect for hydrating the skin after a good scrubbing or even shaving/waxing. Your skin will never feel dry or tight while using this product and after long term use your skin will feel buttery soft and smooth, look even toned and you may even experience a bit of a glow.

The price is amazing as well, for less than $8 at any size you can bathe in this for about 2 months with everyday use (using the large 750mL). This is not a luxury cream like Kiehl's creme de corps which is like the creme de la creme of body lotions, but this comes close at a much better price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by DrZoidberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I made mum buy this one day as her skin gets very dry, especially after showering, Well, she loved it. She told me how wonderful the scent is, how convenient the pump pack is, how these things made her want to use it all the time, and how effective it has been on her skin. I tried some of hers on my hands and the fragrance is just beautiful. Not too fake, not too sickly sweet. And you can feel the richness of this lotion, but it is quite light at the same time. It hydrates and absorbs well. I have a small bottle on my desk at work for my hands. I only need a little tiny bit, if I use too much my hands are greasy. I personally prefer this to Palmers. As soon as I use some of my other body lotions up, I will buy a big pump pack for my bathroom as well. It is inexpensive, a delight to use and delivers what it promises.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I looooove this! I can't get enough of the smell. I put this on after my shower and it leaves my skin soo soft. It's not too thick or too liquidy. It dosen't leave my skin feeling greasy. I will definitely repurchase this. (: