Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.1

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

on 1/22/2010 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The original Smith's Rosebud Salve has ben around since our grandparents time.
I don't care for that one, but I do like the minted one. It has a slight mint scent. Does not taste bad and makes my lips tingle ever so slightly. My lips are soft after I use this and I think a thin layer under lipstick would keep it lasting longer. I got mine at Walter Drake online for 1.99! I ordered a bunch because the shipping is a flat 4.99 up to 19 bucks. I figured they will make great stocking stuffers and I can keep on upstairs, downstairs and in my purse.
Although the packaging is retro cute. It's not very hygenic. I took off a few lippies for that.
I also bought one for each member of the family so they don't stick their fingers in mine!

on 1/20/2010 12:30:00 PM

This is the only review i've ever written on Makeupalley that isnt a reveiw for a perfume or colonge but i'm writting it in regards to scent so i guess thats okay. The only reason i bought this is because i was intriged by the name of it Minted Rose. I thought it was going to be an icy, minty kind of rose scent. I imagined it would be something like walking across an iceburg in Antarctica and strolling through a rose garden. I was wrong. It's just a bland lip balm that does not have any real scent at all let alone a "minted rose".

on 1/15/2010 9:02:00 AM

Best lip balm out there. I repurchase as soon as I run out. Great to have under lipstick and gloss.

Since I just finished another whole pot of this, I thought I'd finally review it. It's such a great little product. I have pretty dry lips and sometimes they get a weird rashy texture to them (i know! gross!) and this soothes them. It is long lasting but not sticky at all; it is thick but smooth. The smell is great, like rose oils (obv) and the color is clear. This makes my lips look their best, and it works on other dry areas too. LOVE it! of course I'll repurchase!

on 12/31/2009 8:34:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Meh, its ok. I hate the original and at least this has a little mint oil in it to combat that icky rose taste. I just keep it by the bed and put on a thick coat so i wake up with soft lips. I don't use it any other time and there are plenty of similar products that do the same job, without the petrolatum. greasy texture. Works ok but won't buy again.

on 12/31/2009 8:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is probably the best lip balm i have ever used. i am so drawn in by the smell of it for some reason. it applies nice and thick but is not sticky, stays on for a very long time and makes my lips feel amazing and smooth. and for the price you pay for this you get a ton of product -- use this about 3 times a day and one tin lasts me 6 months.

on 12/29/2009 3:14:00 AM

I actually find this product to be very drying. The product applies very thin, has little lasting power and laves my lips dry. Would not repurchase. I didn't have this problem with the original rosebud salve. I do kind of like the antique looking tin.

on 12/28/2009 10:52:00 PM

I was hoping that this would not smell/taste like the original--that the mint would be stronger. Like the original, it smells and tastes like bathroom cleaner. However, it does seem to moisturize well and the shine is really nice, but I can't get past the harshness of the rosy chemical fragrance of it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this salve. It smoothes my lips and it creates a light coral tint on my lips. The smell didn't smell like rose at all; I'm not sure if it was supposed to though. The tingy feeling made applying mip balm a little more exciting. The only thing I would change would be the smell. But in any case, I'm content and will buy again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product because it makes my lips so soft. This product should be used right before you go to bed because your lips will have enough time to make your lips soft. I really don't recommend this product for day usage because your lips won't be as soft. I would use this sometimes in the daytime to act like a gloss. I hate the smell because it smells nasty, and the packaging isn't the best. This would be a really good product if it wasn't for the packaging, the smell, and if it had SPF in it.

Popular Lip Treatments