Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.2

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

I bought this at the Sephora counter when I was checking out (those sneaky people lay out a bunch of cute products for you to spend more money at their store) and I am so glad I did! I have long since suffered from very chapped lips, to the point that they'll bleed if I laugh or smile. I picked this up because the tin it comes in caught my eye (very cute) and then I read that it was minted rose . The rose part freaked me out since i'm not a big fan of the scent but I love mint glosses. The first time I put it on, I was surprised by how so little can cover so much. I immediately felt the moisture smoothing out my lips. It also leaves them feeling tingly. The tin smells like roses but you can't taste it, which I like and it is not over powering. I have to agree that it does kind of remind me of petrolium jelly but this blam has a very subtle taste mixed in with mint and it leaves my lips glossy with a pink/red tint. I love this product, never leave home with out it. Maybe when this one runs out i'll try a different flavor but I love the minty feel!

Softens well and leaves a natural flush and tingle on the lips. However, it feels inedible and slightly heavy on the lips. Although it's a decent multipurpose product, I don't feel I'll be buying it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite Rosebud salve. I like the slight mintiness and the tingle it leaves on your lips. It keeps my lips soft in this arrid climate that I am at. Also love that it makes my lips look glossy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought several scents at the same time from Ebay. This one, the mocha rose, the strawberry, and the brambelberry. I think the minted rose is my favorite for my lips, the brambelberry one is my favorite scent because it's so unique and as I use it as a perfume, I really like the mocha rose, and I just find the strawberry average.

The tingle this gives is nice although I still prefer my Burt's Bee's, which I find more moisturizing and more tingly. I do think though that BB has recently reformatted their formula and find it more waxy and less tingle, so my opinion has been changing as BB being my HG.

I do keep this on my desk at work and grab it a few times a day. The scent is refreshing. The zing of mint with just an undertone of rose. I would probably buy this again if I ever ran out.

Amazing, best feeling balm - and majorly moisturizing. Minus one for the cost, but I am obsessed with this!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

While this doesn't have the best staying power, I absolutely love this lip balm! I think I paid $6 for it, which seems like a bit much, but I love the way it makes my lips feel and IMHO it smells great. I would definitely buy it again!

I love the cool feeling of this on my lips. Does not have good staying power but would buy it again anyway.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The original Smith's Rosebud Salve has ben around since our grandparents time.
I don't care for that one, but I do like the minted one. It has a slight mint scent. Does not taste bad and makes my lips tingle ever so slightly. My lips are soft after I use this and I think a thin layer under lipstick would keep it lasting longer. I got mine at Walter Drake online for 1.99! I ordered a bunch because the shipping is a flat 4.99 up to 19 bucks. I figured they will make great stocking stuffers and I can keep on upstairs, downstairs and in my purse.
Although the packaging is retro cute. It's not very hygenic. I took off a few lippies for that.
I also bought one for each member of the family so they don't stick their fingers in mine!

This is the only review i've ever written on Makeupalley that isnt a reveiw for a perfume or colonge but i'm writting it in regards to scent so i guess thats okay. The only reason i bought this is because i was intriged by the name of it Minted Rose. I thought it was going to be an icy, minty kind of rose scent. I imagined it would be something like walking across an iceburg in Antarctica and strolling through a rose garden. I was wrong. It's just a bland lip balm that does not have any real scent at all let alone a "minted rose".

Best lip balm out there. I repurchase as soon as I run out. Great to have under lipstick and gloss.

Popular Lip Treatments