October 23, 2014 | 1858 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Tom Ford Black Orchid

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So difficult to rate this fragrance since it is sooooo expensive ($230.00) and I'd never spend that much on perfume unless I won a lottery. But I do like this alot. It's got everything going on, dark, soft, slightly bitter, floral, sweet....seems it depends which way the wind catches it. I can't really pinpoint any one note, they all work in unison and they do it awfully well. Happily a little goes a long way in fact this is a spray and walk-through scent so my meager samples will last for some time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 2:58:00 AM More reviews by laurenmillie

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will start by saying this is my HG!!! Ever ever ever... I took one whiff when it first debuted and I knew it would smell like heaven on me, and it does. People stop me and ask what I am wearing (and I am not liberal with my squirts) all it takes is one with this one!! It is woodsy and floral and heavy and just magical. If you like Dior Addict you will love this it is like Dior addict times 10!! I love how it drys down to a sexy soft warm rich spicy oriental wood on me. Now I know that perfume is a very personal thing so to each her own...but this is it to me. This is everything MY perfume should be...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'll admit, I was pretty sure I would be in love with this long before I ever smelled it. I love Tom Ford's exquisite fashion vision, and when I saw the ad campaign upon Black Orchid's debut, I swooned. The art deco bottle itself is to die- jet black with an engraved gold label- the dressing table of a breathy film noir fatale comes to mind. This fragrance is not for the wallflower. Heady, dark, and exotic- this perfume makes quite a statement. Black Orchid takes sweet and spicy to a whole new level of sophistication- very sultry. Perhaps a bit overwhelming at first spray, the drydown is divine and the scent lingers long into the night. Some may choke at the price (about $140 for a 3.4oz bottle) but a little goes a long way, and this is not a scent one chooses for everyday wear. For me, this luxurious perfume has earned its place as one of my all-time favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by cosmogirl64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favorite fragrance and can't live without it. Again the packaging could have been better for sure. I have a huge mount of perfume but this is my staple. Also check out BBW black amethyst the wallflower smells very close to it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by sisterscarlette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW. I cannot honestly say I have experienced a fragrance so complex. The orchid is there but swathed in some sort of smokey, dingy something. It's classy, but in a very noir femme-fatale sort of way. Like dead flowers in a crystal vase preserved by incense and cigarettes in a root cellar. Complements me very well, I LOVE this scent! My only complaint is the packaging is just ugly, even if it is black glass supposedly hand made and numbered. The bottle is more like a men's cologne design - in my opinion it should be a more voluptuous design for such a sensuous fragrance. I gave it a 4 ONLY because I am not sure if it is my "signature" yet - Definitely more for a night out than for daily wear.

*UPDATE!*

I just jumped on an insane deal for a 50mL bottle of the eau de toilette "voile de fleur." This smells WAY different than the parfum ( apparently referred to as the "gold label"). The depth of the parfum is lost in this toilette to me. it's close, but no cigar, even though it's tolerable after drydown. just a warning, the bottle looks almost the same but IT IS NOT THE SAME.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 11:24:00 AM More reviews by zindylou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this. The people I know that smell it seem to love it but several of them wouldn't wear it but say it's good for me, which I think is interesting. This is something I wear everywhere I go, next to my skin, LIGHTLY sprayed. I could see how it would be overwhelming if you double-spritzed this or wore it on your clothes, like some people do. It is really long lasting and I would guess that the bottle will last quite a long time. This is so bewitching, but use a light hand or it will be overpowering. I am glad this came out because I am so tired of people smelling like desserts and fruit trees. Also, I am very prone to horrible 3 day migraines brought on by flowery perfume (Laura Ashley, ewwww)
worn by other people. This does not give me any kind of headache at all. Thank God!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by ElvisDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a perfume addict...and this is definitely one of my top fragrances. I first smelled the men's version and instantly fell in love w/ the exotic notes. I had to have it. And thus far, have not been disappointed. Smells divine!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by clvwake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first review ever here, which should already speak for the fragrance itself! This, in addition to Angel, are my go-to fragrances for a night out, be with it my girlfriends or my husband. Every single time I wear this fragrance, women ask me what it is and men tell me how good I smell. It really is an intoxicating, sexy, provocative, grown-up scent. I instantly feel put together and ready to go when I spritz it on. Definitely not a daytime or work fragrance in my opinion, but who knows, maybe just a little spritz would work fine! I'm definitely not a fragrance expert, but just to help, my other favorite fragrances (which I will always repurchase) are Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, Stella by Stella McCartney, and Lolita Lempicka.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG, i don't need to decribe it.. earlier they did amazingly... i just wanted to say about it how much i am love with it..
my absolute grown up signature scent... :)))))
earlier i used to love gucci rush.... but now it is over...
or maybe i am just a tom ford addict.. when GR debuted he was the creative director of gucci.. :))))

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by RichGirlofGA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first experience with TFBO was when my gf bought it, she of exquisite vintage fashion sense, a native of San Francisco's Boho-est, hippest area. I waited, Goddess help me, until she moved back to California to make this MY signature scent (I couldn't bear to offend her) and WOW this lives up to everything I hoped on my skin (and my hair and my clothes). EVERYWHERE I GO, I get compliments on this, especially from men. It is the richest, coolest, hottest thing I've ever worn, edging out YSL's Opium, which is saying something. I want the finishing oil, too, but it's always out of stock. If I had this, Coty Chypre or Guerlain Mitsouko, Opium, and Chanel No. 22, they would be all the fragrances I needed for LIFE!