November 23, 2014 | 1565 users online

Powder - La Prairie - Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kaloee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the spring of 2006 after reading the wonderful reviews here. This is my first powder foundation so I can't really say if this is the best powder fdn out there. I bought it becoz I needed a foundation to go on top of my Sofina Lucent sunscreen without interfering with the effectiveness of the sunscreen.. and I felt that liquid foundation may dilute the s/s so I decided to get a powder fdn. This powder covers very well, and you can build the coverage. 1 layer will give a sheer-light coverage and 2 layers will give a medium coverage. It goes on matte and stays matte all day!! Controls oil very well, I don't need to blot at all. THe only negative thing I have to say is that it looks very dull on me, it makes my face 'flat'.. maybe because the powder doesn't have any light-reflecting properties in it.. even when I put on a layer of Guerlain meteorites it still looks very flat on me.. It is also very very expensive, but it has tons of product. I used it everyday from April to early September and I still have 30-40% left. I don't think I'll repurchase though, I'm going to look for a powder fdn with light relfective properties that won't make me look flat.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2007 4:40:00 PM More reviews by makawao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not so good to use as foundation unless you enjoy looking like a corpse.The finish is way to matte for my taste.However it works wonderfully as powder over liquid foundation.I use a big powder brush to apply it,the included pat is not so good.So a 3,Its horrid alone,but wonderful in tandem as a finishing powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by nursecarla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this powder alot and i usually wear it whenever i need more coverage. i wear the cameo and it blends with my skin tone.it makes my skin look fresh and poreless. the price is okay because the compact holds alot of powder, not like the shu uemura powder foundation which doesn't have that much.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2006 1:40:00 AM More reviews by vanucci

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dont like it! The sales girl put some on me at Saks & I thought it looked good so I bought it. Used it once & caused major breakouts & it settled into my lines which is gross. Wont by it again...should probably take it back especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 5:58:00 AM More reviews by kelly_delicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best powder foundation in the market.the coverage is go good from medium to full,not cakey at all,it's matte forever,you won't shine for hours and the colours are great.a very good buy,worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mypsalms

I think this is the closest hold to my Kanebo powder foundation. I've been using that brand for years and because can't find the replacement in Australia I try the La Prairie instead. Cameo fit my skin like second skin, the colour is just perfect for me. Texture is light not so light that you can't feel but as powdery foundation should be so that it has that holding power. I give it 4 star because it lacks the UV protection and somehow it's not as picture perfect glowy skin like when I use my Kanebo but very close to that than any I've ever tried. Now, the packaging is very eye catching (very similiar to Chanteceille)and it's huge amount of powder in it. I will say that the compact is pricey but well worth the money because of the amount of powder it holds alone;afterall this is La Prairie-one of the best cosmetic company to date.
=For those who want to compare the LP with Chanteceille's compact foundation, DON"T!! The coverage for Chanteceille might as well be just normal powder to the skin,no coverage what so ever. Chanteceille is very fine milled but I complained the price because if I wanted powder I'd just go for my T.leclerc and any other brand to that effect=

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2006 11:25:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really wanted to like this, based on reviews, but alas, I couldn't match up with one of their shades. I used a powder brush to try this at Bloomies & found that the coverage was nice (buildable) and the matte finish was natural looking. My skin is light (btwn Fair & Medium) w/yellow undertones, so I tried Beige Dore. It looked like a good match until I stepped back & saw how dark my face was compared to my neck - YIPES! The only place to go from there was to Ivoire & there is no yellow in that at all (IMHO). It's just what it says it is - Ivory powder - as in off-white. So that was a bust because having alabaster powder just doesn't work on anyone unless your skin is already dead white. Of course it all makes sense when you think about it . . . why would a cosmetic company that's based in Switzerland make a foundation for a yellow-toned skin? Ever see a Swiss woman with anything but white-white skin?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by luvmakeup2004

I have been an mua'er for a couple of years and I am embarrassed to say this is my first review. Maybe when you know why I had to review this product you will understand. I am 3 months pregnant and my skin has been going haywire. I can't wear a liquid foundation right now bc my skin is more oily and I live in South Florida. My DH and I went to the mall in search of some "expandable clothes." I also told him I needed to find a powder for my face that looks natural and won't make my skin worse. I told him I wanted try LP bc of the mua reviews. A nice SA at Saks put this on me in natural beige and I immediately thought I looked better, but I wanted to see it in different lights and give it time to see if I would react, and how it would look when I got home. That to me would be the test. Over the next several hours I forgot I was wearing it, and became really self-conscious about my skin again, even though it didn't look bad. (I should have known it looked better bc DH would have told me "I don't like your make-up," especially at this price). By the time we got home I was really upset about my skin, practically on the verge of tears until I looked in the mirror.... I looked good! I couldn't believe it so I looked in every mirror and even in bathroom light it looked good!
I went back to Saks and picked up the compact and have worn it a couple times since. This is a great powder which settles into my skin quickly but didn't accentuate any fine lines, even they are less noticeable. I do need to moisturize before putting this on but that goes with any powder I think.
It is expensive at $65 plus tax, but I really don't think you can put a price tag on being able to look in the mirror and like how you look when you are under the influence of hormones! I also believe that every pregnant woman is entitled to have that "glow."
No question, if this continues to work for me I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2006 7:07:00 AM More reviews by poprocks86

Awesome foundation. I thought Beige Dore would be too light for my skin, but it blended perfectly. It is perfect for my combo skin and does not cause any breakouts. It is very light and very fine. You don't need much to have full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Berty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first La Prairie product I've tried, and it's so good that I have to write a review. After trying several powder foundations (Clinique, Chanel, Guerlain, among others), I've finally found a powder one that I can use on my oily/combo skin. I must admit that I did prefer the texture of the Guerlain (Divinora Teint Expert Confort) slightly. BUT that made my oily bits too oily, too quickly. La Prairie can be used on oily skin - yay! How happy am I find to find it! It's a lovely, very finely milled powder foundation, that glides on, and provides sheer to medium coverage (depending how much you use). It doesn't make me oilier and looks quite natural. No cakey look, no flakes, although it does oxidise a bit (but I find that with all foundations). The colours are fine for me. I'm using the lightest, Ivorie. It's a little bit light, even though I'm pale, so I want to try it in Beige Dore. OK, it's pricey, but it'll last for ages as it's big as far as compacts go. The compact is lovely, and handy. As someone else said, if you only ever buy one La Prairie product, get this one. You won't regret it.

UPDATE: I've switched to liquid foundation now that I'm a bit older and my skin is drier, but I still recommend this for those who want a powder foundation and don't need too much coverage.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No