La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

4.4

New Ingredients (Rectangular Compact): Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate?Polymethyl Methacrylate?Squalane?Methicone?Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Beta-Glucan, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Kaolin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silk (Serica) Powder, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben?Propylparaben?Fragrance (Parfum)?Benzyl Alcohol???, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 6/26/2007 8:44:00 PM

After reading the reviews I have decided to try this powder, and did not like at all. The only thing that I did like about it is the fact that it controls oil pretty well. That was the rason I bought it, but had to return it a couple days later because it is just not worth the money and was not right for my skin. When some of the previous reviews were written (I guess, a year ago or so) this powder was $10 cheaper and there was more of it in the compact. Now they changed both the price and the amount of powder in the compact (now it is standard .35 oz for $75), and the compact looks like it is your grandmother's compact. Anyway, I still decided to give it a try because I needed a powder with good oil controling properties. First of all, when I put it on my face, it set into every little line possible, so I looked ten years older. Secondly, the colour was too pink for me (I tried it in Cameo because Ivory was even more pink, and Beige was too dark for my pale skin). The strangest thing is that I am from Europe (pale skin with pink undertones), and some reviewers mentioned that the colour selection should be perfect for women from Europe. Well, I can say that it is not so. At least, not for me. The powder had to go back to Saks. I will stick with my Make up 4ever Duo powder foundation.

on 5/12/2007 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one very nice powder foundation. I have tried EL, Chanel, Shisheido and Shu Umera. Though I loved the Shu powder foundation my oily skin was very slick within an hour or two, even so I was on my way to buy another one when I decided to just walk by the La Prairie counter and asked about this product (as I had read the reviews on MA but felt it was just too expensive for me). Well I decided to go ahead and buy the powder and I am so glad that I did. This powder is wonderful. The price is high ($70.00) but the compact has alot of powder and you really dont use that much when you apply. I think I found my HG powder foundation.

on 4/10/2007 5:53:00 PM

I bought this in the spring of 2006 after reading the wonderful reviews here. This is my first powder foundation so I can't really say if this is the best powder fdn out there. I bought it becoz I needed a foundation to go on top of my Sofina Lucent sunscreen without interfering with the effectiveness of the sunscreen.. and I felt that liquid foundation may dilute the s/s so I decided to get a powder fdn. This powder covers very well, and you can build the coverage. 1 layer will give a sheer-light coverage and 2 layers will give a medium coverage. It goes on matte and stays matte all day!! Controls oil very well, I don't need to blot at all. THe only negative thing I have to say is that it looks very dull on me, it makes my face 'flat'.. maybe because the powder doesn't have any light-reflecting properties in it.. even when I put on a layer of Guerlain meteorites it still looks very flat on me.. It is also very very expensive, but it has tons of product. I used it everyday from April to early September and I still have 30-40% left. I don't think I'll repurchase though, I'm going to look for a powder fdn with light relfective properties that won't make me look flat.

on 3/27/2007 4:40:00 PM

Not so good to use as foundation unless you enjoy looking like a corpse.The finish is way to matte for my taste.However it works wonderfully as powder over liquid foundation.I use a big powder brush to apply it,the included pat is not so good.So a 3,Its horrid alone,but wonderful in tandem as a finishing powder.

on 2/25/2007 8:47:00 PM

I like this powder alot and i usually wear it whenever i need more coverage. i wear the cameo and it blends with my skin tone.it makes my skin look fresh and poreless. the price is okay because the compact holds alot of powder, not like the shu uemura powder foundation which doesn't have that much.

on 8/26/2006 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Dont like it! The sales girl put some on me at Saks & I thought it looked good so I bought it. Used it once & caused major breakouts & it settled into my lines which is gross. Wont by it again...should probably take it back especially for the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

The best powder foundation in the market.the coverage is go good from medium to full,not cakey at all,it's matte forever,you won't shine for hours and the colours are great.a very good buy,worth the money.

on 8/15/2006 8:43:00 PM

I think this is the closest hold to my Kanebo powder foundation. I've been using that brand for years and because can't find the replacement in Australia I try the La Prairie instead. Cameo fit my skin like second skin, the colour is just perfect for me. Texture is light not so light that you can't feel but as powdery foundation should be so that it has that holding power. I give it 4 star because it lacks the UV protection and somehow it's not as picture perfect glowy skin like when I use my Kanebo but very close to that than any I've ever tried. Now, the packaging is very eye catching (very similiar to Chanteceille)and it's huge amount of powder in it. I will say that the compact is pricey but well worth the money because of the amount of powder it holds alone;afterall this is La Prairie-one of the best cosmetic company to date.
=For those who want to compare the LP with Chanteceille's compact foundation, DON"T!! The coverage for Chanteceille might as well be just normal powder to the skin,no coverage what so ever. Chanteceille is very fine milled but I complained the price because if I wanted powder I'd just go for my T.leclerc and any other brand to that effect=

on 5/18/2006 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Really wanted to like this, based on reviews, but alas, I couldn't match up with one of their shades. I used a powder brush to try this at Bloomies & found that the coverage was nice (buildable) and the matte finish was natural looking. My skin is light (btwn Fair & Medium) w/yellow undertones, so I tried Beige Dore. It looked like a good match until I stepped back & saw how dark my face was compared to my neck - YIPES! The only place to go from there was to Ivoire & there is no yellow in that at all (IMHO). It's just what it says it is - Ivory powder - as in off-white. So that was a bust because having alabaster powder just doesn't work on anyone unless your skin is already dead white. Of course it all makes sense when you think about it . . . why would a cosmetic company that's based in Switzerland make a foundation for a yellow-toned skin? Ever see a Swiss woman with anything but white-white skin?

I have been an mua'er for a couple of years and I am embarrassed to say this is my first review. Maybe when you know why I had to review this product you will understand. I am 3 months pregnant and my skin has been going haywire. I can't wear a liquid foundation right now bc my skin is more oily and I live in South Florida. My DH and I went to the mall in search of some "expandable clothes." I also told him I needed to find a powder for my face that looks natural and won't make my skin worse. I told him I wanted try LP bc of the mua reviews. A nice SA at Saks put this on me in natural beige and I immediately thought I looked better, but I wanted to see it in different lights and give it time to see if I would react, and how it would look when I got home. That to me would be the test. Over the next several hours I forgot I was wearing it, and became really self-conscious about my skin again, even though it didn't look bad. (I should have known it looked better bc DH would have told me "I don't like your make-up," especially at this price). By the time we got home I was really upset about my skin, practically on the verge of tears until I looked in the mirror.... I looked good! I couldn't believe it so I looked in every mirror and even in bathroom light it looked good!
I went back to Saks and picked up the compact and have worn it a couple times since. This is a great powder which settles into my skin quickly but didn't accentuate any fine lines, even they are less noticeable. I do need to moisturize before putting this on but that goes with any powder I think.
It is expensive at $65 plus tax, but I really don't think you can put a price tag on being able to look in the mirror and like how you look when you are under the influence of hormones! I also believe that every pregnant woman is entitled to have that "glow."
No question, if this continues to work for me I will repurchase!