April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Make Up For Ever - Sens Eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am shocked I haven't reviewed this before - it's my HG eye makeup remover and I'm now on my third bottle (you don't have to use very much, so you can see how long I've been using this product - literally years).

Whenever I read a review about waterproof mascaras, where the person writes "...but I couldn't remove it!", I think, I don't have that problem! I've got my trusty Sens'Eyes. It works like a charm and I do use waterproof mascaras (they hold a curl better and I don't get yucky grey smudges under my eyes) every day.

I smooth it on my eyelashes and wait for about 10 seconds for the product to really get in there, then I rinse, rinse, rinse. If there's still a little stubborn mascara left, I repeat. Gone! I don't have any burning sensation (like the previous reviewer mentioned), although that did happen to me with a different eye makeup remover (Estee Lauder - ouch!).

Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by bjorne_again

Best. Eyemakeup. Remover. Ever.
Amazing because:
1) It removes MAC liquidlast/GOSH style liners with ease and almost no rubbing
2) The texture is fantastic - doesn't oil up my contact lenses or eyes, but doesn't leave my eyes feeling parched like some do.
3) It virtually eliminates rubbing your eyes, better than any other bi-phase remover i've ever tried(Dior, Lancome, Clarins, Biotherm, l'Oreal, Marcelle) because it doesn't leave that nasty white film, but leaves eyes clean and supple.
4) Removes bright eyeshadows by MUFE that tend to stain! Yay!

Yes, it's not super-cheap, but as I'm aging, I am realizing how important it is to not rub the eyes, and I consider this an investment in the youthful appearance of my eyes! I'm sure we all waste a lot more money than this on random beauty finds... this one is worth it.
Tip for use: massage onto lids and lashes and keep eyes closed. Wait 30seconds-1minute before gently tissueing off. Waiting really gives it time to work it's magic(much like the micellar removers that you hold over your lid to dissolve the makeup). Patience is a virtue with this stuff, but you'll be amazed at how easily it removes makeup and leaves your skin happy! I'm just glad because i feel like i'm not pre-maturely aging my eyes anymore by tugging or over-rubbing to remove oily residue any more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 2:16:00 PM More reviews by joodles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Sensí Eyes is a must have if you wear stubborn waterproof eyeliner or mascara. In the past, Iíve had a hard time removing my eyeliner completely without harsh rubbing which made my eyelashes fall off. Oil based removers are usually more effective at taking off long wearing eye makeup but I avoid them since they tend to leave behind a residue, blur my vision and can ruin my contact lenses. I love how Sensí Eyes gently and effortlessly removes everything in its path with minimal pressure. No more tugging, rubbing or losing lashes! At $23 for less than 3.5 ounces, itís not cheap. I need around one squirt per eye to remove my eye shadow, liner and mascara. To make the bottle last longer (when Iím not being lazy) I apply rub a pea sized amount or less on a Q tip, run it over my eyeliner then use the other end of the Q tip to remove anything left behind. Removing my eye shadow is not a challenge and can be accomplished with any cheap eye makeup remover and the mascara Iím currently using, Kiss Me, comes off easily with water and pressure. If you plan on using Sensí Eyes to only remove your eyeliner and mascara one squirt may be sufficient for both eyes.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Isododecane, Methylpropanediol, Acrylates Copolymer, Ageratum Conyzoides (Ageratum Conyzoides Leaf Extract), Butylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton Seed Extract), Isobutylparaben, Mel Extract (Honey Extract), Sodium Methylparaben, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sorbic Acid, Tromethamine, CI 42090 (Blue 1).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Refuge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this in the hopes that I could get through a night of makeup removal without stinging and tears, but not so. This really hurt my eyes, and I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by nycgal

Hands down, the BEST makeup remover I have ever used. Pump dispenser, creamy texture - not greasy and really removes makeup easily. Extremely gentle on the eyes, does not sting at all. Finally, a makeup remover I enjoy using!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2008 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this makeup remover. I needed a moisturizing, non-irritating, gentle remover that was also great at removing tough waterproof makeup. My pet peeve is makeup that doesn't last and smudges all over the place so a good waterproof makeup remover is crutial for me. Since I love some of Makeup Forever's line of waterproof makeup, I figured they should have a good remover that is strong enough to remove their own line. This stuff is great. It's strong enough to remove waterproof makeup without being oily like most waterproof removers. And it's so gentle and moisturizing at the same time. Anyone that has complained about their Makeup Forever waterproof liquid liner not coming off, this stuff should take care of that problem. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by kelxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Can't live without this!!! It's the quickest removing, most gentle eye make-up remover I have ever used for a normal price. I don't think it removed as quickly as dual-phased oil based cleansers. But I can't use those because they make my eyes greesy, wonky, and impossible to apply nice eye make up the next day. But some people like oil-based removers for that very reason. I can litterally pour this stuff into my eyes without it burning, sure my vision fogs up a little but its nearly impossible to make a cream eye make up remover that doesnt do that. Prior to this I was using clinique cream eyemake up remover, and I've tried all the drugstore brands, and those burn like crazy. Also I noticed that my eyeskin wasn't as red, and thin. It soothed the inflammation I always get from wearing make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by may_baby

This is a great product. Its consistency is like a lotion. Don't know what other reviewers mean about the stinging cuz it has never stung my eyes. It made my sight a bit blurry when it seeps into my eyes but even then it never stung. Anyways... I need a dual action/waterproof remover like this cuz I wear WP mascara everyday so I don't wanna be rubbing on my eyelashes. It works well but I have some others that works just as good and is cheaper. So as much as I like this, I wont be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by jam95630

I tried this on my DiorShow waterproof mascara and it melted the mascara like butter!! The reviews on the mascara say that it's hard to remove but with Sens eyes it easily came off, so I'm giving Sens eyes an overall rating of 4. I would give it a 5 but I noticed that it stings my eyes sometimes. I like the consistency of the product too. It's like lotion, it can adhere to my lashes without my having to do a lot of rubbing around the sensitive eye area. I think for $23 you get a fair amount of product and a little goes a long way. Although my all time favorite eye makeup remover is by Talika, Sens eyes is definately my cheaper alternative that I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 1:30:00 AM More reviews by bk67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best eye make up removers I have ever used. This product removes every trace of my eye make up; I use a cleansing milk to remove the remainder of my face make up. In a bind, I have even used this without my usual cotton pads. For me, the product is actually more efficient without the cotton pads. I place a small amount on my finger tips, then I gently place over my eyes. When I have completed that process, I rinse with a little water. Then bada-bing, my eye make up is removed. This product does not sting my eyes nor does it leave that gross cloudy film as oil based eye make up removers normally do; this product is more of a lotion than oil based remover.