December 21, 2014 | 1768 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Ha_oi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate to say that I will buy this product again, since it's too expensive, but I have to. My skin is very difficult, acne-prone, oily underneath and dry on the surface due to all the acne treatments I used. Most foundations break me out, except for those by Cle de Peau and now SkII Air Touch. But Sk II is easier to apply over my skincare/acne care products than Cle De Peau Cream foundations. I just figured out that nothing will completely cure my acne and I will have to apply Benzoyl Peroxide and Retinol for the rest of my life to keep acne in control. Considering my rigorous skin care regimen, only Sk II Airtouch is light enough, natural enough, and easy enough to apply that will not interfere with my skincare.
My color for BE2 for my NC30-35 medium light Southeast Asian skin and it looks perfect. Even if I stray with another color, let's say OP3 or OB 2, it will be still OK because the coverage is very natural and will not be obvious that you wear make up.
I absolutely adore this foundation. Hope it gets more positive reviews. And hopefully they will make this mainstream and lower the price. But I will only have to buy the refills for next time though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by perfmem54

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this product last week after reading all the raves on MUA and it is absolutely wonderful!!! I couldn't believe how beautiful it made my skin look. It was so easy to use and the results are perfect, flawless skin. The only trouble I had was choosing a colour. Fortunately, I purchased from nihonetcetera on ebay and he has taken the time to step me through everything about this product, including choosing the right colour. I simply used a concealer on a few areas after I moisturized and put on my eye make-up and blush. It took less than 30 seconds to use the Air Touch Foundation. I then applied my mascara and lipstick and I was through. The look is soft and beautiful and it lasts all day. I will purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Firstly, I wildly go from HE product to cheapy DS products as budget allows. I am a single mom with one in college, and I sometimes have to scrimp. I probably never should have bought this device, but figured I could always sell it on ebay if it didn't meet my expectations. I am both sorry(cost-wise) and delighted(looks-wise) to report that I LOVE this. I walked into work today and my 21 year old coworker said, "What did you do today, you just look great!" I have never been a big foundation wearer, so I usually just use eye cream and a bit of concealer, with sunscreen. Now I do that same routine, then a light coating, maybe only 20-30 seconds side to side the up the side of the nose, and I'm telling you it looks lovely. I don't know about 'newborn baby skin' as the very good you tube video claims, but still the best I've ever used. This is claimed to have some special ingredient for moisture, and my face doesn't dry out in the dry areas, nor does it make the oilier ones worse. I got mine from an ebayer who bought it in japan, it is the OB4 color. It looks fine, but I want to try the slightly darker tone. B6, I think it is. So, to wrap up, I will now have to take my daughter out of school to pay for my new, nearly flawless skin. (lol) Will absolutely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

****Please click on "continued" to view pics***

After reading the glowing reviews on SK-II Air Touch Foundation I had to purchase one on ebay right away. I couldn't wait for the foundation to arrive here, I was so eager to try this miracle in a red round compact that I even dreamed about it the night before I received it (LOL!)
Anyway, as soon as this arrived I ripped the box open to see this beautiful heavy disc-shaped red container... imagining the miracles it would perform I went to wash my face, moisturized it and applied blush and eyeshadow just as the video on youtube suggested (there is a link a few reviews below). I inerted the foundation refill in the compact, inserted the battery and started to push to button. All I felt was a light breeze, like air. I thought that can't be right because I didn't believe any foundation could be deposited on my skin this way. I also got a whiff of a smell probably all of us know...like electrostatic clothes or a swiffer cloth (the foundation has -ve ions so it's supposed to only cling to skin, not to hair and clothes..I highly suggest watching that infomercial on youtube!)
When I opened my eyes I could not believe the glowing perfect flawless skin I saw in the mirror. I have good skin, but I have a lot of redness in my cheeks and get red bumps and small rough dry patches from time to time that are a bit difficult to cover. (my MQ Moisture Climax foundation does a good job though). With my SK-II Air Touch Foundation all red bumps and dry patches just vanished. It's magic!
The not so magic part is that this foundation takes an eon to dry properly. I had to redo my makeup at least 2x because I touched my face before the foundation was completely dry so it got ugly fingerprints so I had to wash it off and start all over again.
The other minor rant is that the foundation dullens my eye makeup quite a bit. I now just avoid the lids when spraying so I solved the problem though. When the foundation is dry properly you can apply your eye makeup after the air touch foundation but I always do my eye makeup before base makeup (for several years now) as I find glitter-fallout or eyeshadow crumbles ruin the perfect look of foundation, even when I clean it up.

I use now a bit of my MQ foundation and concealer and then spray about 15-20 seconds with the Air Touch Foundation and love the flawless finish. It takes just a few minutes to dry now so that's fine.

The coverage of the foundation is medium I'd say. I don't find it sheer at all. You can also decide yourself how much coverage you want, it just depends how long you spray. SK-II suggests 30 seconds for a natural coverage and 60 secs if more coverage is desired.

When you use this spray just be sure to keep a distance of about 10cm and move your hand from left to right and back slowly till your whole face is covered and your desired coverage is reached.
This does not contain SPF and is fragrance-free (from what I can say). I have not encountered any irritations from this product but will update if that should happen. My skin is normal-dry and the foundation is *very* slightly drying so I am using a moisturizing makeup base underneath. I can not say how this would perform on very oily or dry skin-types.
There are several colors available. For my cool-toned PPP skin I chose OP-1, the lightest shade available.
For reference I am NW15 in MAC/Maquillage OC-00/Kate OC-A with normal-dry and very sensitive skin.

Air Touch foundation retails for 9500 Yen (about US$95) incl. 1 5ml refill (which lasts you about 1-2 months). You can buy 2 refills for 9500 Yen later on. A friend told me that you find these items in certain Japanese stores at about 25-30% cheaper so grab some refills if you're there.

SK-II foundation and pouch:

continued >>

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by milktoast24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Quite possibly, the most natural-looking foundation i've ever applied, due to the airbrushing effect. It gives you the moist, radiant, dewy look of healthy young skin. the small microfine particles of color deposited via a spray will always be more natural-looking than applying with sponge or fingers.

However, some tidbits worth mentioning:

-It doesn't provide heavier coverage, so apply your concealer FIRST.

-it's silicone-based like a skin cream, so it never dries to a powdery finish. it stays "moist" which gives that youthful dew of healthy skin, but if you rub your face accidentally ---whoops, there goes your face.

-you should not blend and cannot blend, otherwise it destroys the natural effect and then looks like "foundation".

--if you apply powder or powdered blush over it ---forget it. it will streak--again due to the moistness of this foundation.
wait a while and then PRESS your powder puff gently, lifting it up off the skin and placing it down again---not rubbing or stroking. but this really destroys the whole effect of what you're trying to achieve--dewy, young-looking skin.
if you want blush, use a creme formula underneath and just spray around it.

--in the summer, and in polluted cities like NYC/LA, this foundation actually collects small particulate b/c it's moist.

--apply your pore-filler/smoother/velvet stuff BEFORE the air touch.

**Negatives aside, the visual effect of this foundation is just superb. it's got more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, great shade selection. The only drawbacks are that it's a bit cumbersome in size, and time-consuming in its use. You need to allot a good 3-5 minutes for proper use. (for me, i'm really impatient!!)

I don't recommend this for young/oily skins. it's best for dry skins, mature skins, skins that have lost their radiance.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jbcha

I've gone through my fair share of foundations and have found this to be the best. The foundations feels light as air but the coverage is pretty substantial. Even when I overdose on the spraying you can't actually tell that I'm wearing loads of makeup. I went to the Shu Uemura counter to buy blush and the woman asked if I was wearing any make up, I answered "loads", and she responded "good work!". So there you have it, the miracle foundation. Buy again? I already have 3 times over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by milkypop

Ladies & Gentlemen, we are floating in space. This is the age of new-wave makeup. In order to help you change your life i have compiled an easy-to-read FAQ guide about this revolutionary product.

1. What the hell is Air Touch Foundation?

Air Touch Foundation is a red spaceship-like object that dispenses a fine mist of ionized foundation upon click of a button. With this cutting-edge makeup object, you can now bid farewell to all sponges and foundation brushes. Gone will be the days where you stand at the wash basin rinsing your brushes endlessly. Gone will be the possibilities of contamination and bacteria. Gone will be the phenomenon of messy foundation-stained fingers. Gone will be the look of ruddily blended makeup.

2. How is that possible?!

It's all possible, thanks to 11 years of tough research by several scientists and astronauts at the SK II laboratories. They had understood the abovementioned problems women have been facing since foundation was invented, and put in hard work to realise this dream of airbrushed perfection.

3. If it's so perfect, why aren't all women using it yet?

Because people are afraid of technology. They are afraid to deal with suspicious looking disc-like objects. They are doubtful that it can really work. Just like in the days where our nights were lit by candles, until the light bulb was invented. Many years down the road, we will be looking back and laughing with our daughters and granddaughters how troublesome makeup was back then.

4. Does this mean that traditional foundation will be history?

Of course not. We still use candles for candlelit dinners. All things have a different purpose. Light bulbs are just more convenient.

5. Dior and MAC have airbrush products too. Why should i pay more for this compact spaceship?

Dior will get into your hair and clothes. This won't. Its ionized particles are only attracted to moisture-rich skin. They have no interest in your hair and clothing. MAC's spray foundation needs to be sprayed onto the bank of your hand and then applied with a foundation brush. How innovative.

6. Is it true that this foundation offers little coverage, and is meant for those with
perfect skin?

Those with perfect skin do not need this foundation. Because after it goes on, they wont be able to notice any difference since their skin is already perfect. Those with gargantuan pores and ruddy skin surface need this badly. No matter how excellent your powder/creme/liquid foundation is, it will highlight your problems. This one on the other hand is guaranteed to provide a uniform finish. See here:

In order to utilise this foundation to the best of its abilities, we first need to understand what its meant to do and not meant to do. Its NOT meant to mask your entire face and turn it opaque. If you want to look opaque, i recommend you finish your whole face with concealer. That would work better than any foundation in the world *snort* So be smart - use a concealer underneath this spray, only on areas that need help.

7. So how do i apply foundation with this gizmo, and how long does it take?

(Click continued to see picture) It takes all but 30 seconds for a natural finish. 60 seconds for a full finish. How long it takes to dry depends on what you use underneath.

----It has come to my attention that many ladies here are using this wrongly----

****Important: It is NOT TRUE that this foundation does not set. You CAN AVOID FINGERPRINTS or anything funky like that. Just remember - do not use anything overly wet/dewy/sticky underneath e.g moisturiser or sunscreen. Choose something that can absorb quickly instead. Make sure your skin is matte first. The foundation cannot set on a surface that is wet, and will take forever to dry.

****Important: It is NOT TRUE that it ruins your eye MU, or you cant do eye mu. listen - only blusher/concealer goes under the Air Touch, ALL EYE & LIP MU to go AFTER the Air Touch.

*****Important: DO NOT PUT POWDER OVER THE AIR TOUCH. The Air Touch itself IS a FINISHING spray and it gives you super even finish that no other foundation or powder can replicate. Why do you want to go destroy it with another layer of chalk?

*****Important: Be sure to spray at least 10cm away from your face, do not go any nearer. For nose/mouth area, use very very very sparingly.

Remember, practice makes perfect.

8. So what can this foundation do for my unruly skin?

It contains Pitera, SKII's star ingredient, which is wonderful for skin. And after spraying it on, with my tips and instructions in mind, be prepared to have porcelain clear skin for at least the next 12 hours.

9.Isnt this high-tech gizmo going to cost a bomb?

Well yes, but compared to storming the beauty halls every other month in search of the best foundation in the world, spending money on one night stands and short flings, why not throw your moolah into something as revolutionary as this?

10. What color is suitable for me? (click Continued)

According to whether you have pink or yellow undertones, pick the correct shade. NW ladies should go for OP while NC ladies pick OB or BE.

11. Okay so i finally bought it. But i can't get the thing to work! What am i doing wrong?

Check the diagrams here:

Be sure to break the seal of the refill by pushing the nozzle all the way down till there is no gap between the nozzle and the refill packet. Then turn the dial to DROPLET icon and ooze out a drop onto a tissue. After that, set dial to ON, and you're all set!

Two ways of applying:

continued >>

59 out of 68 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by happydaisy

OK, I haven't actually purchased this yet. I've tried it on at Saks and all I can say is -- after the SA finished spraying it on half of my face and gave me a mirror -- I absolutely could not tell I had makeup on my face (and I normally can). In fact, if it wasn't because I felt the spraying, I would have said that she didn't put any foundation on me at all!

More details:
- Color match: I'm close to a NC-35 and the SA tried the BR-6 on me. As far as I could tell, it's a dead-on match.
- Coverage: very sheer. This foundation didn't do much for my dark acne scars, but then, only concealer can deal with them. The coverage is very light, although the yellow in the foundation covers redness pretty well. As for pores -- my pores are quite large, and this foundation looked like it might have covered them up somewhat, but not completely.

In short, when I'm ready to chalk up $150, I'll buy this thing, but for now, I'm spending my money on skin care rather than makeup!

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by simplyaddikted2u

I get very concerned about how my skin looks as any girl should. As a teenager, I always get breakouts. I usually get breakouts when applying makeup so I stopped using make-up for a while. I went to Bloomingdales with my mom and saw a girl getting the foundation applied on her and she was glowing. I tried it myself and I was impressed. I was just wearing NARS orgasm blush and Clinique line smoothing concealer under my eyes, and the SKII on top looked amazing. I am BR 6. My pores looked smaller, and redness and the big acne scar on my forehead was gone. My mom allowed me to get it as long as I use my own money. I had $200 that I wanted to spend on new clothes and I normally don't buy makeup when I get money. I gave up the clothes for the SKII Air Touch Foundation! I just had too. I love it. My friends at school want me to bring it in so they can try it (I don't normally bring in my SKII foundation to school bc touchups are not needed). Get this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mixup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using the SK-II skin line for a mere 5 days now: essence, lifting, renewal, and whitening serum. Plus I picked up this fantastic makeup as part of their free giveaway. When I came into the office this Monday morning, everyone kept saying "you look fantastic! so well rested, you're just glowing!" I think the makeup itself is a major part of that (though I'm looking much clearer and fresher even before I put the makeup on).

AirTouch is expensive, it's true. But it's the single best foundation makeup I've ever used. It evens out my skin tone and creates that "inner" glow without looking thick or heavy or shiny. And it feels feather-light! it's not greasy or oily, it's just clean, even, light-weight coverage that lasts all day long. I had been using Lancome's firming foundation, which is an oil slick in comparison to AirTouch. I'll never go back.