Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber EDT [DISCONTINUED]

Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber EDT [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

on 4/2/2008 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a now ex Bath and Body Works employee, this was one of my least favorite scents when I started working there. When I left, it was quite the opposite. I sprayed it on one day after I quit not really thinking about it and came home. My boyfriend instantly asked me what I was wearing as soon as I walked in the door. Now, this is my favorite scent, while Sweet Pea and Warm Vanilla Sugar move to my HATE list.

Oh, and a little secret about the sales associates, we're TOLD to say that everything is our favorite, and that we HATE nothing.

on 2/24/2008 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this scent, its much more sophisticated than other scents from B&B works. Nice and warm, with just a slight hint of sweetness. It's long lasting, and not too overpowering. The packaging is a step up as well.

on 2/15/2008 11:55:00 AM

I never bothered to sniff this one because I assumed because of the name it would probably be exactly like VS Amber Romance. I went through a period of loving that one only to get sick of it. VS fragrances are to heavy for me I have found out. Anyway, as I was picking up my brown sugar & fig, I sniffed the lotion on this one. So different from Amber Romance. So much better!! I like the caramely scent of this one much better. IMO, it's not as strong as a scent of AR but a sweeter softer scent. I picked up a gift set of the lotion and a full size edt off of ebay for about $8 so it's quite the steal. I'm really anxious to try the others in the Amber line. I hav e to say that when I layer the edt with the lotion it lasts almost all day on me. I have found so far that BBW edt & lotions are quite a steal pricewise.

on 2/5/2008 12:04:00 PM

at first i thought it smelled like dirt...honest! but then i waited for the dry down, and THAT smelled great!! its a very warm,comforting, yet sexy smell. I read somewhere that the bast fragrance to wear to bed with your lover (thats almost a direct quote,lol) is vanilla and amber. I've laways gravitated towards fruity,foody smells that are light. so this was a surprise to me when i found myself liking it! ive received so many compliments on this scent from both males and females. My best friend at work always rus up to me to give me a hug because she loves it on me but doesnt smell good on her.

Bought for $10 with a coupon

on 1/29/2008 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm really glad so many people found a scent they love that costs a reasonable amount: So many perfumes are outrageous. This one didn't really work for me, though. I can only wear certain ambers, and those I love (Ambre Russe, Ambre Sultan), but this one was a bit soapy and plain on me. It didn't do anything but lay there smelling sharp and a bit woody. It had the benefit of not being sour or cloying, however, so it gets points for that. Still, I have to give it a pass. By the number of perfect reviews below, however, I can see it won't shed any tears over my indifference. EDIT: Tried again after a couple of years and I get tons of fruit over soft incense and wood notes. Either my chemistry has changed or I got a better sample this time. There's no appreciable amber in it anywhere, but it's really pretty nevertheless!

on 1/16/2008 11:09:00 PM

I love this stuff!! I finally found something that can compare to my favorite dunhill desire for women.. still not the same but its good!

on 1/11/2008 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Finally a B&BW fragrance that doesn't smell like cotton candy and lollipops!!! "Sensual Amber" is an incredible bargain, and I hope B&BW continues to sell it, and continues to offer more grown-up fragrances. I am obsessed with "good" perfume, but am on a budget. So it's usually a sample here, a very sparingly-used drop of parfum there, and WOW, what a luxury it is to finally pamper myself with an entire set of matching bath products, lotions and EDT! It's heavenly. "Sensual Amber" is sexy, and grown up. And, yes -- you're right ... it *is* like Flowerbomb.

on 12/25/2007 7:56:00 PM

I just received this as a holiday gift and I must say I am in love. It reminds me of my beloved Flower Bomb. Does anyone else get that from it? I will keep this as a staple...it's devine!

on 11/26/2007 6:35:00 PM

This is my favorite BBW scent! I absolutely love the lotion, cream and body spray, which lasts forever, i also have the diffuser oil, which scents my whole house for days with just 20 drops or so. Sensual Amber is a warm, rich, luxurious scent, very complex. I highly prefer the spray and EDT to the last year's LE EDP version - that had too much anise and licorice notes. I think that may be the reason why its no longer available. This year's edition with the blackberry is a downgrade as well. Thumbs up for Sensual Amber!

on 11/26/2007 11:44:00 AM

I received this as a free sample originally but when it runs out I will definitely be purchasing a full size bottle. The scent is GORGEOUS and also has very impressive staying power. It lasts until bedtime. Definitely a new favorite scent.

Popular Fragrances