April 20, 2014 | 1740 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by CurlyGurly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it - smells gorgeous ( as all Bobbi Brown products do) and it's great for dry skin like mine. I have it in Warm Ivory which seems to work with my pale skin tone which has slightly yellow undertones. Do not put powder over it though and you must prepare your skin before applying otherwise it does not stay.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by missalfie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not happy with this because the shade was all wrong (Warm Sand), the finish is below average and the coverage is nonexistent. I exchanged the shade for the next lighter one and still couldn't make it work. BIG disappointment. I returned it and glad I did.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by pocky

You would think that in this day and age (2010), Bobbi Brown cosmetics would've been able to come up with something better than the traditional glass foundation bottle with no pump, especially given the prices. I suppose a plastic squeeze bottle or tube would've been too cheap-looking for Bobbi Brown but come on, at least give us a pump.

I used this foundation over the winter when my skin was at its driest and nothing else seemed to work. On my skin, Moisture Rich Foundation was like a tinted moisturizer with a tad more coverage. It left my skin very moisturized and dewy and provided enough coverage to even out my skintone. I would not call this a heavy foundation but it's also not exactly light so it might feel heavy on the skin if you're not used to or don't like feeling like you're wearing foundation.

The dewy look of this foundation was very nice and made my skin look not as dry, however, I did not like the finish. The foundation seemed to sit on top of my skin and never "sets up." When worn alone, the foundation will always feel a little wet, just like how a creamy moisturizer feels on the skin. I suppose that's to be expected from a moisturizing foundation. The foundation settled a little into the furrows in my brow and the sides of my nose by the end of the day. Setting with powder didn't really help that much since I had to go easy on the powder or else I'd end up looking to powdered. This was not a major problem for me but it also prevents this from being an HG moisturizing foundation.

As for the shade selection, everyone knows that Bobbi Brown foundations are quite yellow. My perfect shade in the Moisture Rich foundation is in between Warm Ivory and Sand but I had better results with Warm Ivory. For me, a lighter foundation shade is better than a darker foundation shade since the rest of me (ears, neck, chest, arms) that is visible is paler than my face. As long as the foundation has enough yellow to blend into my undertones, I can add a little color with bronzer and blush.

So far this is the best moisturizing foundation that comes in a decent shade for me so I will be wearing it again next winter on super cold days unless I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

This is nice foundation but totally overpriced. As for coverage I would say medium at best (I like a little more) and it wears well for about 4-5 hours...then I feel I need a touch up or powder or something. I think the texture is nice in the beginning but as the day goes on I look a bit oily. I have combo skin for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by willowpost

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Skin foundation along with the BB Hydrating Cream but was finding that my pore were showing up with the winter dryness. So I got a sample of this foundation (same shade as my skin fntdn) and LOVE!!! no more pores. I am still layering it on top of a good amount of my BB BB Hydrating Cream.

The look is not heavy at all and looks dewy for the first hour only, then it blends with my skin and it's unoticeable. Good coverage too without looking like mu on. I don't use setting powder at all. The texture is very creamy and thicker feeling that the Skin. And I love that it's un-scented - feels nice and clean on.

My only gripe is that the bottle (glass which I love too) does not have a pump like the Skin fntdn. This makes it a PITA to use since my hands are usually slipery from the face cream as I try to unsrew the cap. Frustrating. If BB made a pump I'd be in heaven.

Still wondering if I'll use this in the summer or go back to Skin. We'll see.

oh and I love the small tester formats - wish we could buy this size. Because it's smaller I doesn't bother me as much that I have to stick my finger or palm on the opening (and you do since it doesn't quite pour out due to the thickness) since it's not like I would have it foerever like the FB.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by japringle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new foundation since my shade in Mac select spf 15 has been discountiued. I received a sample of this foundation and I am in love with it. It last all day and it photographs really really good. It matches my skin to a T. For any woman with dry/normal skin looking for a liquid foundation I would recommend this foundation. A little goes a long way. I love the texture of the foundation. I also apply with a foundation brush. My shade is almond and I am a NC55 in Mac. The one thing that I don't like is that there is no pump but I can live with that. I really wish they never discontinue this product and that they make this foundation available with a pump. I would definetely repurchase. This is my HG liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Jennifer1971

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Bobbi Brown at Dillard's. It matches my skin tone perfectly and blends well. It goes on so nicely and has some very good coverage. (It covers my rosacea redness with no problems.) I take a small amount and spread it around a bit with my finger, then I use a dense flat soft powder brush--such as the E.L.F. Studio Powder brush for $1.50 (with the "STUDIOSAVE" coupon code)--and STIPPLE.

I just learned about STIPPLING recently and I've NEVER EVER looked younger. It looks so natural; you can't even really tell makeup is one with this technique (with a good brush).

The foundation is buildable. I went over my rosacea cheeks twice to make sure they didn't look red (taking away from the blush effect on the apple of the cheeks. Again I used a very small amt and stippled.

After I was done with the liquid foundation I then stippled on some white rice powder (purely translucent) that I bought my my local asian ethnic market. The Paladillo "rice powder" sold at Sally's is actually mostly calcium carbonate if you look at the ingredients; rice powder is listed second to calcium carbonate. Also the Paladillo rice powder has parabens and fragrance in it, which can be irritants with people with sensitive skin like myself.

My skin type is Dry, Sensitive, Pigmented and Tight. This Bobbi Brown foundation was recommended for my skin type by author of Skin Type Solution book; she's a doctor.

So far so good.. it feels very moist (I did moisturize with cetaphil moisturizing cream beforehand though.) The makeup has been on for about 6 hours now, no creases, no settling; still looks great! My skin is not irritated at all.

Looks like I am going to purchase this foundation.

STIPPLE FTW!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by vickyj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I always have problems with foundation, the main problem being is they all are too yellow/ orange on my skin. So after trying out the tester of the foundation and finding the colour matched perfectley with some blending (alabaster) I decided to buy it. No there is no pump but I just tip a small amount on to my brush and if I need more I can always add more. It gives a nice even finish and does not make my skin look greasy nor does it feel heavily caked in make up. It also does not break me out like so many foundations and primers do, It also lasts on me a good 8hrs without touch ups

I set this with the white loose powder and I look the way my skin looks flawless without much effort on my part. I would definatly but this again as its one of the only brands that match my colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by keim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation granted I haven't tried very many liquid foundations (colorstay and maybelline). I dabbled into a ton of mineral make up but found that most of them made my very dry skin look even flakier.

Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich gives me a nice subtle glow and does not enhance my dry patches. I use a sephora 55 brush with it and a Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge on my dry patches. Definitely HG status! Use this if you have dry skin and if you like light coverage.

My only complaint is that it doesn't have a pump but I can live with that.

ETA: I was color matched with the wrong shade biege and after a few months I decided to try a different shad Warm Natural. So pretty! So if any of you wanna buy Biege 3 let me know. I'll give you a good deal :) or we could swap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by RHanson

Yet another great product from Bobbi, This foundation is very powerful. First of all, the coverage is beautiful. It covers redness and evens out skin tone very well. It is very moisturizing, so skin-like texture accompanies the great coverage. This foundation is very warm-toned, and tends to run darker than the color which it states. For instance...I am beige in Bobbi's skin foundation and her stick foundation, however I am sand in this foundation. The cool thing about this being warm-toned is how the warmness looks very natural. I am neutral-warm, but this foundation, rather than looking like warm foundation on top of neutral-toned skin, it looks like my skin is golden underneath. The bottle is not really an issue for me, but I would prefer it if it had a pump. The only thing that gets messy is the inside of the cap. This foundation can be applied any way you want. I have used my fingers, a foundation brush, a triangle sponge, and my Beauty Blender.

How I apply it: I really like dewy, natural looking foundation so I do it like this. I do equal amounts of the foundation and Bobbi's oil control lotion (which is the best add in ingredient to make foundation more natural). I then use a rather damp Beauty Blender. With the Beauty Blender, I drag it across my skin (instead of stippling) as this gives a more natural finish. I never use powder, because this doesn't make me very shiny. When I have this on, blush blends much better.

No breakouts at all!!! Totally my HG, especially for winter.

MUA tips: this foundation works best if you put it in your palm (granted it is clean before) and leave it there for 2 minutes. It gets the foundation to your skin's temperature and makes it blend perfectly. Also, for people with oily skin, add a few drops of toner and mix. It will really help.

EDIT (April 06, 2010): It is now spring and warm where I live, so I ran into an issue with shine. I am still using this, because I love the finish and coverage it gives me. I add the Jojoba toner from Savon to cut shine, and it works! Yay! After working with this foundation for many months, I realized that nothing works better than a foundation brush.