November 24, 2014 | 1509 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 7:34:00 AM More reviews by julesanddaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Excellent foundation. Light to medium coverage. My skin is quite clear but sensitive and it adores this foundation. It's moisturising and yet feels light although I don't wear it in the warmer months. When I wear it people complement me on my skin and ask me whether I'm wearing foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by dsweet730

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Very light on the skin. Not cakey at all!

Blends well and has good coverage. Not much product needed for each application, so the 30 ml bottle lasts for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by 6452

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on my second bottle, so I think I can review this with confidence.
My skin is sensitive/intolerant, combo (in the winter very dry), very reactive. I have tried the BB Skin Foundation as well, but it wasn't moisturizing enough.
My shades are Alabaster in the winter (when I look like a green vampire) and Porcelain in the summer. I apply this with either fingers or with wet sponge for almost tinted moisturizer look. In combo with Face Touch Up Stick excellent coverage.
No reactions, no itchines and perfect shade. Applies really nicely even on top of very heavy mineral sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by klyde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read some of the reviews for this and I feel like I'm using a different product. I don't get a dewy look at all, but a nice matte (but not dry) finish. I have medium toned skin and got the Natural #4 which is a very good match and darker than I usually go (I think I was going too light). It feels weightless, has SPF 15 which I normally do not like, but it doesn't bother me except that I can't use it in the eye area. I also tried the Luminous foundation and it was at least one shade lighter (in same color Natural #4) and greasy looking on me.

One of the reviewers wanted this in a tube (BTW Bobbie Brown does have a tinted moisturizer in a tube) - I'm sick of throwing away plastic tube and bottles and I don't think pumps work very well, so I actually prefer its simple glass bottle.

Until I can find a foundation that erases my acne scars (so far this one is the best, but it's not perfect), this will be my HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by CurlyGurly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it - smells gorgeous ( as all Bobbi Brown products do) and it's great for dry skin like mine. I have it in Warm Ivory which seems to work with my pale skin tone which has slightly yellow undertones. Do not put powder over it though and you must prepare your skin before applying otherwise it does not stay.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by missalfie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not happy with this because the shade was all wrong (Warm Sand), the finish is below average and the coverage is nonexistent. I exchanged the shade for the next lighter one and still couldn't make it work. BIG disappointment. I returned it and glad I did.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by pocky

You would think that in this day and age (2010), Bobbi Brown cosmetics would've been able to come up with something better than the traditional glass foundation bottle with no pump, especially given the prices. I suppose a plastic squeeze bottle or tube would've been too cheap-looking for Bobbi Brown but come on, at least give us a pump.

I used this foundation over the winter when my skin was at its driest and nothing else seemed to work. On my skin, Moisture Rich Foundation was like a tinted moisturizer with a tad more coverage. It left my skin very moisturized and dewy and provided enough coverage to even out my skintone. I would not call this a heavy foundation but it's also not exactly light so it might feel heavy on the skin if you're not used to or don't like feeling like you're wearing foundation.

The dewy look of this foundation was very nice and made my skin look not as dry, however, I did not like the finish. The foundation seemed to sit on top of my skin and never "sets up." When worn alone, the foundation will always feel a little wet, just like how a creamy moisturizer feels on the skin. I suppose that's to be expected from a moisturizing foundation. The foundation settled a little into the furrows in my brow and the sides of my nose by the end of the day. Setting with powder didn't really help that much since I had to go easy on the powder or else I'd end up looking to powdered. This was not a major problem for me but it also prevents this from being an HG moisturizing foundation.

As for the shade selection, everyone knows that Bobbi Brown foundations are quite yellow. My perfect shade in the Moisture Rich foundation is in between Warm Ivory and Sand but I had better results with Warm Ivory. For me, a lighter foundation shade is better than a darker foundation shade since the rest of me (ears, neck, chest, arms) that is visible is paler than my face. As long as the foundation has enough yellow to blend into my undertones, I can add a little color with bronzer and blush.

So far this is the best moisturizing foundation that comes in a decent shade for me so I will be wearing it again next winter on super cold days unless I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

This is nice foundation but totally overpriced. As for coverage I would say medium at best (I like a little more) and it wears well for about 4-5 hours...then I feel I need a touch up or powder or something. I think the texture is nice in the beginning but as the day goes on I look a bit oily. I have combo skin for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by willowpost

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Skin foundation along with the BB Hydrating Cream but was finding that my pore were showing up with the winter dryness. So I got a sample of this foundation (same shade as my skin fntdn) and LOVE!!! no more pores. I am still layering it on top of a good amount of my BB BB Hydrating Cream.

The look is not heavy at all and looks dewy for the first hour only, then it blends with my skin and it's unoticeable. Good coverage too without looking like mu on. I don't use setting powder at all. The texture is very creamy and thicker feeling that the Skin. And I love that it's un-scented - feels nice and clean on.

My only gripe is that the bottle (glass which I love too) does not have a pump like the Skin fntdn. This makes it a PITA to use since my hands are usually slipery from the face cream as I try to unsrew the cap. Frustrating. If BB made a pump I'd be in heaven.

Still wondering if I'll use this in the summer or go back to Skin. We'll see.

oh and I love the small tester formats - wish we could buy this size. Because it's smaller I doesn't bother me as much that I have to stick my finger or palm on the opening (and you do since it doesn't quite pour out due to the thickness) since it's not like I would have it foerever like the FB.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by japringle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new foundation since my shade in Mac select spf 15 has been discountiued. I received a sample of this foundation and I am in love with it. It last all day and it photographs really really good. It matches my skin to a T. For any woman with dry/normal skin looking for a liquid foundation I would recommend this foundation. A little goes a long way. I love the texture of the foundation. I also apply with a foundation brush. My shade is almond and I am a NC55 in Mac. The one thing that I don't like is that there is no pump but I can live with that. I really wish they never discontinue this product and that they make this foundation available with a pump. I would definetely repurchase. This is my HG liquid foundation.