October 31, 2014 | 1583 users online

Cleansers - Aura Cacia - Grapeseed Oil

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This caused me to break out with whiteheads. I do not recommend this if you have oily or combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2007 3:40:00 AM More reviews by maritesRN

After trying the Aura Cacia Jojoba oil to precleanse, I was hooked. But the jojoba oil was a little expensive and the 4oz bottle didn't seem to last that long. I decided to purchase the 16oz bottle for $20.00 and it is very worth the money. The grapeseed oil works just as well as the jojoba oil but isn't as greasy. My skin is well moisturized and doesn't flake from the cold weather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I didn't buy the Aura Cacia grapeseed oil specifically, I bought Wegmans Grapeseed Oil. I was so surprised at how well it took off makeup, a lot better than jojoba oil and almost as good as safflower oil, which is very good. I also like the consistency of this oil, which is not as thick and greasy as safflower or mineral oil, but not as runny as jojoba. I haven't tried it as a moisturizer yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

I use this as a precleanser when I wear makeup and/or sunscreen. My skin feels so soft afterwards and no breakouts. Sometimes I mix it with my moisturizer too. I hate the top though, it squirts out way too much. A pump or something would be better. But that's okay, it's still a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 10:49:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this about a month ago, and was so pleased I went out and bought the pure grapeseed oil. I mix and match them--this is mixed with vitamin e, and doesn't have the slight odor that the food-grade grapeseed oil has. I use this under makeup, and the other at night. I use Retin A and have problems with peeling skin and some fine dry lines under my eyes, the grapeseed moisturizes better than anything I've ever used, and it does not break me out at all. It is well worth trying, even just for use as an under-eye serum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 3:13:00 AM More reviews by flamencovixen

I have been removing my make up with Pond's Cold Cream but decided to try a cleansing oil after reading about them in the skincare board. I looked into various oils and decided to try grapeseed oil because it is meant for combination and oily skin (I have combo skin).

I like it so far (have been using it for more than one month) to remove make up and sunscreen. I still use Pond's to remove my first layer of make up. After I wipe off the Ponds, I then apply the grapeseed oil on my face and neck. I let the oil soak in for several minutes and then towel off the remaining make up. I do have to say that I prefer Ponds when removing eye make up. There is something about that cream's formula that really adheres to the make up.

I like how you have to squeeze the Aura Cacia bottle in order to get the oil to pour out. Thus, if you tip over the bottle, you don't have to worry about the oil gushing out. However, it's hard to control the amount of oil that comes out when you squeeze the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2006 4:04:00 PM More reviews by librarian_wannabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this to remove sunscreen and waterproof makeup. I love it. I have used other oils, but grapseed is my favorite.

I follow with Avene cold cream cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2006 5:51:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am adding my review here because there isn't a separate catagory for generic, pure, grapeseed oil. The brand I have been using is common in the UK = Natural by Nature Oils and comes in a brown glass bottle (that looks very pretty but isn't ideal, being glass). But still, I can decant for travel. So. Grapeseed oil, or Vitis Vinifera, has a regenerative function, being good for repairing damaged or stressed skin. It is anti-oxidant, thin, and easily absorbed when used correctly or intelligently. As with all oils, you don't need a lot. Now then, on to its uses and effects. I use Mir skincare because I have extremely reactive skin, which means some chemicals and many active ingredients make it itchy, blotchy, and blemished. It is combination skin. Although I love Mir, I have been adding Grapeseed oil to my regime to great effect. I perhaps use Mir once every 2 days at the moment, and grapeseed oil morning and night. Here's what I do. In the morning I take a cotton pad and pour some cool filtered water on it. I dab a small amount of grapeseed oil on the damp cotton pad - about ( ) < that amount. And I sweep it across my skin, and repeat if needed. I do the same in the evening. No extra moisturiser is necessary. Because I use so small amount there is no risk of being oily or shiny. If I need to exfoliate I add a thin layer all over my face, and remove with a warm muslin as you would use Eve Lom. I also dab it under eyes as an evening eye treatment. A real HG discovery (I am not keen on other oils - this is the one and only so far. Jojoba and I haven't got on so well, and Argan irritates me).

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Bekkababy

Not bad basic grapeseed oil but the packaging is clumsy to dispense and there are cheaper ones out there. Good if you want a small amount of base oil to mix EOs with or for a single hair treatment.

The larger size is $$$

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2006 10:04:00 PM More reviews by lillodawg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I mix this with castor and jojobo. I shower at night, so I put it on before I get in the shower and then wipe off after a few minutes in the shower. My skin is so soft, and not greasy at all. I'm acne prone with rosacea, and I'm not sure if it's this or the MoM, but I've noticed an improvement is redness as well.