Aura Cacia Grapeseed Oil

4.3

Grape Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

NOTE! I'm not reviewing this brand - only grapeseed oil itself. I use Azalea brand (made in Italy). I use this as a pre-cleanser every night , and I follow with a gentle hand-made soap and a washcloth. My skin has never looked better. For reference, my skin has the following issues: a) oily t-zone b) acne-prone c) nose blackheads d) flaking/dehydration in oily t-zone e) very mild rosacea. It has assisted with the flakiness, reduced the appearance of blackheads, not interfered with or caused acne, and finally, has contributed to improved skin tone and appearance. If such a simple product can do this for my fickle skin, what will it do for yours?! I store my oil in a small air-pump that I picked up in the travel section of my local Priceline (Australian drugstore). I squirt about 4 or 5 drops out and massage really thoroughly into my dry face. It MELTS makeup away and if you're lucky, will also lift any flakies off. I then lather up my soap and apply to take away the oil and my skin is left soft, smooth and comfortable. I highly recommend you try this if your skin is anything like mine.

on 10/12/2007 12:07:00 PM

I'm reviewing this as a moisturizer, not a cleanser.

Well, I may have found my HG moisturizer. I read about using grapeseed oil as a facial moisturizer on a health forum. I got some 2 weeks ago, have been using it every day, and I just LOVE it. It's very light, it has no scent, I only need to use a little, it absorbs quickly and makes my skin glow in a pretty way. I use about 4 drops on my face. My little bottle will last a very long time, at this rate--I paid 4 bucks for it!

I don't have super-dry or super-oily skin, so the weight and texture of the oil is fine for me. I have mild rosacea and the oil doesn't hurt my skin at all. The person who wrote about grapeseed oil on the health forum says that it is chockfull of anti-oxidants--another benefit.

Highly recommended product!

on 9/17/2007 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

this reveiw isn't specifically for Aura Cacia's grapeseed oil (though I have seen it in stores); I bought my grapeseed oil online from quinessence.com. I got the 50 mL size for 3.30 GBP, which works out to about $7 Canadian, INCLUDING shipping! It arrvied at my house in about a week, which is awesome.

Packaging: mine arrived in an amber plastic bottle; no, not glass. The bottle has a white plastic screw in cap, with no dropper top, I had an empty 10 mL green glass bottle with a dropper top and child-safety cap from Tea Tree Oil I bought from The Body Shop a few years ago; I carefully poured some of the grapeseed oil in there, and so now I've got a proper dispenser for it.

Performance: I have combo/oily skin most days of the year, and I was looking for a simple moisturizer that would moisturize my skin lightly without feeling heavy, or the need for large bulky bottles. I use 3-4 drops of this on my face and it absorbs SO quickly without leaving a trace of oiliness or stickiness on the face. I love that! Grapeseed oil is known to have a slightly astringent effect on skins, and it is a lighter oil (carrier oil) so it's best suited for oilier skins. Drier skins would probably benefit from jojoba oil more. For me, it's perfect to use all over my face, even around my sensitive eyes, without any irritation. It doesn't have a smell either, which is nice.

I can't testify to its non-comedogenicity yet, since I've only received this today, but I will update! continued >>

on 5/27/2007 5:52:00 PM

I am on the fence about this product. About three months ago I became absolutely desperate about the state of my skin (acne, dry) and I rushed to my local health food store and picked up this and the jojoba oil. I used them both after cleansing for about a month and a half, and at first I was very excited about the state of my skin. It was becoming clear, even, and healthy. But eventually, I broke out more badly then I ever have. And in new places on my face, too. But, desperate for these two products to work, I convinced myself it was just my skin purging. Eventually I consented the oils were the culprit, and I quit using them on my face. I am now on a regemin (sp?) from Kiehls and my skin is improving slowly but surely. However, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, and vitamin e make a wonderful hot oil treatment for your hair, and are equally nice body moisturizers. So, I will repurchase for those purposes, but acne-prones, be wary of oils on your face!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This caused me to break out with whiteheads. I do not recommend this if you have oily or combination skin.

on 2/11/2007 3:40:00 AM

After trying the Aura Cacia Jojoba oil to precleanse, I was hooked. But the jojoba oil was a little expensive and the 4oz bottle didn't seem to last that long. I decided to purchase the 16oz bottle for $20.00 and it is very worth the money. The grapeseed oil works just as well as the jojoba oil but isn't as greasy. My skin is well moisturized and doesn't flake from the cold weather.

on 2/1/2007 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I didn't buy the Aura Cacia grapeseed oil specifically, I bought Wegmans Grapeseed Oil. I was so surprised at how well it took off makeup, a lot better than jojoba oil and almost as good as safflower oil, which is very good. I also like the consistency of this oil, which is not as thick and greasy as safflower or mineral oil, but not as runny as jojoba. I haven't tried it as a moisturizer yet.

on 1/14/2007 4:37:00 PM

I use this as a precleanser when I wear makeup and/or sunscreen. My skin feels so soft afterwards and no breakouts. Sometimes I mix it with my moisturizer too. I hate the top though, it squirts out way too much. A pump or something would be better. But that's okay, it's still a good product.

on 11/6/2006 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this about a month ago, and was so pleased I went out and bought the pure grapeseed oil. I mix and match them--this is mixed with vitamin e, and doesn't have the slight odor that the food-grade grapeseed oil has. I use this under makeup, and the other at night. I use Retin A and have problems with peeling skin and some fine dry lines under my eyes, the grapeseed moisturizes better than anything I've ever used, and it does not break me out at all. It is well worth trying, even just for use as an under-eye serum.

I have been removing my make up with Pond's Cold Cream but decided to try a cleansing oil after reading about them in the skincare board. I looked into various oils and decided to try grapeseed oil because it is meant for combination and oily skin (I have combo skin).

I like it so far (have been using it for more than one month) to remove make up and sunscreen. I still use Pond's to remove my first layer of make up. After I wipe off the Ponds, I then apply the grapeseed oil on my face and neck. I let the oil soak in for several minutes and then towel off the remaining make up. I do have to say that I prefer Ponds when removing eye make up. There is something about that cream's formula that really adheres to the make up.

I like how you have to squeeze the Aura Cacia bottle in order to get the oil to pour out. Thus, if you tip over the bottle, you don't have to worry about the oil gushing out. However, it's hard to control the amount of oil that comes out when you squeeze the bottle.