September 18, 2014 | 1662 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I have very dry skin due to a med condition that kills off my moisture glands. I mention this in reviews because I lack any natural moisture barrier and so often have bad reactions to products, and in general, sensitive, reactive skin that is painfully dry. I try so many things in the hope something will improve my skin which is a tall order because the skin on my whole body is effected by this systemic condition.

I have been using this for one week every other day or so. Will update if my opinion changes. I've used plain, Greek yogurt, and apply enough to cover my face sufficiently.

It feels nice and cool going on. Then I smell like a vat of sour cream. Oh the things we do for beauty! Even applied thickly and still wet looking, I find it takes quite a lot of rinsing to remove. I have worn it between 5-20 min. The latter requires more effort to remove.

The result right after is skin with a semi odd feeling. It feels so firm, unually so. But looks clear, smooth too. My skin looks and feels calmer, smoother, after.

The irony is I dislike the taste of yogurt quite a lot but really like the results of using this mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by valenetay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Here's my recipe:

1 tbs quick-cooking oats
1 tsp water
1 tbs plain yogurt

Mash up the oats and soften them with water, then mix in the yogurt, easy peasy! Spread the mixture on the face and massage it gently. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes then rinse off with warm water (this helps to remove the oats more easily). This gives really soft skin that's immediately brighter! Ingredients are so inexpensive and works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Mikakira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use yogurt masks frequently. I like to sometimes mix in a little honey, green tea leaves, or oatmeal and I always use full fat greek style yogurt. It leaves my skin feeling sooo soft and supple. oat meal or green tea acts as an exfoliant and clears away any grime and dead cells. Also green tea is high in caffeine & anti oxidants which does wonders for your skin.
All in all, I love this mask. its cheap, and easy to make/use, works really well. A+++

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by CM76

I have been having HORRIBLE hormonal breakouts since stopping taking the pill, have tried every OTC medication, supplement, you name it! I decided to try a yogurt mask on a whim last night and just after one use, my skin felt softer and is already starting to purge itself. I noticed that my zits have become a bit smaller and some have come to a head (I know, gross!) but that's a good thing! It means that all the crud is starting to purge. Not only that, but when I was using heavy duty benzoyl peroxide spot treatment, I broke out into an itchy red rash on each side of my mouth. After using the yogurt mask it's gone! Sounds crazy, but I will definitely be sticking to this all natural treatment from here on in!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Yzyz

I've been using yogurt mask on and off for about two years. I started to religiously use it (3 times a week) for about half a year now after it saved me from a skin crisis during my trip to Thailand.

Yogurt mask is the HG mask! really! I use full fat greek yogurt cuz i like its thick and creamy consistency. It doesn't run on your face and it dries slower. Doing yogurt mask has two best parts, one is when you just took it out from the fridge and smear it on your face; the other is when you wash it off and feel completely different from 30 minutes ago. It's so soothing, cooling, tightening when you smear it on. I often apply it when my face feels bumpy, allergic, hot, red or after I popped my pimples. It instantly calms my skin.

Scar reducing wise, it works but will take time. I have quite fair skin and hyperpigmentation on fair skin is the worst thing. Ever little light you get can reflect and exaggerate the redness to its worse state. It's just soo annoying! Even when my skin is clear, I still have to apply foundation since TM won't even cover the redness from anything and everything on my skin. After 6 months of using yogurt mask, my acne scars are definitely less visible. They turned pink-ish instead of brown-ish, if that makes sense. The size of each scar has shrinked too. They are also easier to be covered by concealer. On areas where I got acne and I don't usual get, scars are totally cleared. I don't need any concealing on these areas, only need to dust some powder on and voila!

Yogurt is great, cheap, and pwns all 'em high-end-non-effective masks on the market! Take that :)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by tchristy777

Best mask ever. So simple and works as well as other masks I've bought. It whitens and brightens my skin making it look radiant and it shrinks my pores on my nose as well. I've used this for a few months and my skin is flawless even without makeup. I've never had any skin problems to begin with, but once in a while I will get a pimple when it is the time of the month. This mask has pretty much prevented me from having any breakouts. I feel confident going out without make-up now.

I know other people have already suggested it, but mixing this mask with oatmeal will do miracles for your skin as well. My sister has eczema and the oatmeal and yogurt mask helped make the eczema calm and go away. Try this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by ckgurl714

I don't notice this helping so much with active acne, but for clarity in my skin, this gets a 5. Yogurt is incredibly easy and accessible to use as a mask and it works better than many store bought products. I have been using it the past 3 days (and have used it on occasion in the past) to try and sooth a big flare up I had. It hasn't necessarily helped with the acne as much as other products, but it makes a HUGE difference in the clarity of my skin in areas that I don't have really big problems. I sweap blackheads on my nose and forehead have SO significantly dimished from this mask. Yesterday my friends told me I always have beautiful glowing skin and I think this sets up a great base for m/u application, etc. Will definitely continue to use!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by papillonfr

This works!! Having spent unbelievable amounts of money on masks, peels, serums etc to deal with my age spots/hyperpigmentation issues over the years, I decided to try this since I didnt want to waste any more $$$ and I happened to have some in my fridge. I use zero fat greek yoghurt from fage, leaving it on my face for 30 minutes then washing it off with mild water. Afterwards, my face looks instantly brighter, fresh, and pores tightened, yey! I wished I had discovered this sooner, as this provides much better results than the expensive products on the market I have used. By the way, I have tried the full fat variety, as I read this was supposed to be better, I have also tried adding honey as well as lemon, but for my skin (combination), zero fat seems to work best. Its worth experimenting to find what works best for your skin. HG!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by julianrei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Saw the raves on MUA and decided to try this mask.Bought a tub of plain Greek style yoghurt (no sugar or any other additives).

First few times: Used two tablespoons of yoghurt straight on face, for 20 mins and rinsed off. Turns out one tablespoon of yoghurt each time is sufficient. Smell of yoghurt was rather strong and yoghurt tended to be drippy. But I love the results! Face has a "glow" and pores look tighter. No redness. I look like I have primer on. Sister asks me why I look radiant ;)

Next few times: Mixed 1 tbsp of finely ground oat bran with 1 tbsp of yoghurt, and as per directions below left in fridge for a few hours. When I applied, mask was easy to spread and non-drippy at all. Left it on for 20 mins.
Ok - this oat mask is much harder to clean off. Had to use a mixture of wet tissue and warm water before rinsing with warm water. Skin was flushed for a couple of minutes, but ok after I gave a quick swipe with Sophyto toner and applied Naruko Apple Seed serum. Finished off with a light touch of Blissoma facial oil.

I'm detecting some little bumps but suspect they may be my skin purging in response to the my new low-pH skin care regime, rather than the yoghurt specifically. Will update.

Highly recommended mask!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by yvonnebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only been doing this for 4 days now but this is the best thing ever!! I have an issue with acne on my jawline on each side of my face that has been an issue for years. In just the past few days, I've noticed the dark marks from past breakouts disappearing and the bad breakouts coming up and healing a lot faster. I've been to a dermatologist and have tried taking pills and using topical creams and nothing has worked as fast as this and the best thing is that there are no side effects and no drying out of my skin. I read that it brings up all of the breakouts that were already forming under the skin, and that it can get worse before it gets better, so I'm going to keep going and see what happens in a couple of weeks but so far I am very happy.