August 1, 2014 | 1191 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Yzyz

I've been using yogurt mask on and off for about two years. I started to religiously use it (3 times a week) for about half a year now after it saved me from a skin crisis during my trip to Thailand.

Yogurt mask is the HG mask! really! I use full fat greek yogurt cuz i like its thick and creamy consistency. It doesn't run on your face and it dries slower. Doing yogurt mask has two best parts, one is when you just took it out from the fridge and smear it on your face; the other is when you wash it off and feel completely different from 30 minutes ago. It's so soothing, cooling, tightening when you smear it on. I often apply it when my face feels bumpy, allergic, hot, red or after I popped my pimples. It instantly calms my skin.

Scar reducing wise, it works but will take time. I have quite fair skin and hyperpigmentation on fair skin is the worst thing. Ever little light you get can reflect and exaggerate the redness to its worse state. It's just soo annoying! Even when my skin is clear, I still have to apply foundation since TM won't even cover the redness from anything and everything on my skin. After 6 months of using yogurt mask, my acne scars are definitely less visible. They turned pink-ish instead of brown-ish, if that makes sense. The size of each scar has shrinked too. They are also easier to be covered by concealer. On areas where I got acne and I don't usual get, scars are totally cleared. I don't need any concealing on these areas, only need to dust some powder on and voila!

Yogurt is great, cheap, and pwns all 'em high-end-non-effective masks on the market! Take that :)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by tchristy777

Best mask ever. So simple and works as well as other masks I've bought. It whitens and brightens my skin making it look radiant and it shrinks my pores on my nose as well. I've used this for a few months and my skin is flawless even without makeup. I've never had any skin problems to begin with, but once in a while I will get a pimple when it is the time of the month. This mask has pretty much prevented me from having any breakouts. I feel confident going out without make-up now.

I know other people have already suggested it, but mixing this mask with oatmeal will do miracles for your skin as well. My sister has eczema and the oatmeal and yogurt mask helped make the eczema calm and go away. Try this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by ckgurl714

I don't notice this helping so much with active acne, but for clarity in my skin, this gets a 5. Yogurt is incredibly easy and accessible to use as a mask and it works better than many store bought products. I have been using it the past 3 days (and have used it on occasion in the past) to try and sooth a big flare up I had. It hasn't necessarily helped with the acne as much as other products, but it makes a HUGE difference in the clarity of my skin in areas that I don't have really big problems. I sweap blackheads on my nose and forehead have SO significantly dimished from this mask. Yesterday my friends told me I always have beautiful glowing skin and I think this sets up a great base for m/u application, etc. Will definitely continue to use!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by papillonfr

This works!! Having spent unbelievable amounts of money on masks, peels, serums etc to deal with my age spots/hyperpigmentation issues over the years, I decided to try this since I didnt want to waste any more $$$ and I happened to have some in my fridge. I use zero fat greek yoghurt from fage, leaving it on my face for 30 minutes then washing it off with mild water. Afterwards, my face looks instantly brighter, fresh, and pores tightened, yey! I wished I had discovered this sooner, as this provides much better results than the expensive products on the market I have used. By the way, I have tried the full fat variety, as I read this was supposed to be better, I have also tried adding honey as well as lemon, but for my skin (combination), zero fat seems to work best. Its worth experimenting to find what works best for your skin. HG!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by julianrei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Saw the raves on MUA and decided to try this mask.Bought a tub of plain Greek style yoghurt (no sugar or any other additives).

First few times: Used two tablespoons of yoghurt straight on face, for 20 mins and rinsed off. Turns out one tablespoon of yoghurt each time is sufficient. Smell of yoghurt was rather strong and yoghurt tended to be drippy. But I love the results! Face has a "glow" and pores look tighter. No redness. I look like I have primer on. Sister asks me why I look radiant ;)

Next few times: Mixed 1 tbsp of finely ground oat bran with 1 tbsp of yoghurt, and as per directions below left in fridge for a few hours. When I applied, mask was easy to spread and non-drippy at all. Left it on for 20 mins.
Ok - this oat mask is much harder to clean off. Had to use a mixture of wet tissue and warm water before rinsing with warm water. Skin was flushed for a couple of minutes, but ok after I gave a quick swipe with Sophyto toner and applied Naruko Apple Seed serum. Finished off with a light touch of Blissoma facial oil.

I'm detecting some little bumps but suspect they may be my skin purging in response to the my new low-pH skin care regime, rather than the yoghurt specifically. Will update.

Highly recommended mask!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by yvonnebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only been doing this for 4 days now but this is the best thing ever!! I have an issue with acne on my jawline on each side of my face that has been an issue for years. In just the past few days, I've noticed the dark marks from past breakouts disappearing and the bad breakouts coming up and healing a lot faster. I've been to a dermatologist and have tried taking pills and using topical creams and nothing has worked as fast as this and the best thing is that there are no side effects and no drying out of my skin. I read that it brings up all of the breakouts that were already forming under the skin, and that it can get worse before it gets better, so I'm going to keep going and see what happens in a couple of weeks but so far I am very happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by GlowingCandlelight

I have weird skin. It's not quite combo, but my skin easily varies between dry, normal, and oily. It tends to first get dry and flaky, then oily, and this results in pimples. I tried the oil cleansing method to get rid of this, but the next morning I had two red pimples on my inner cheek area and it was just ugly. It didn't heal easily, either. It did eventually go down, but every since then, I've had more facial redness and red pimples. It used to be just skin colored bumps, but now they are pinkish red. -__- It's been 4 weeks, and things have not been getting better. I didn't like my reflection in the mirror, and I felt dirty and less confident. Until I used yogurt.
I've tried fat free, 2%, and full fat. I prefer greek over normal yogurt, since it's creamier, like a mask and looks like a spa mask on your face. Fat free is more "plumping" and makes my skin feel the softest. It's super easy to remove, too. Fat free doesn't give me as much plump softness, and it's really hard to remove. My face doesn't react well to scrubbing, so I try to be gentle when removing, but it takes forever. 2% is somewhere right in the middle. It's not too hard to take off, and it still makes my face feel moisturized and soft. However, I still follow up with a tiny coat of Vaseline on the parts where my face feel tight.
This mask left on for 20-30 minutes has helped my skin like nothing else. I've tried benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. It didn't help much. This mask helped reduce redness the next morning (when you wash it off, your skin doesn't look better at all), flattens bumps, and sort of "sucks" out the pus in your pimples. I hate this purging thing, but with this yogurt, it comes to the stage of being poppable very fast, and it's not like all your little pimples become huge gross whiteheads. Just one or two at a time. It also pops some of the pimples that already have a head. Sometimes when I wash the mask off, the pimple is literally gone. I don't know where it went. O_o
This mask also works well mixed with squeezed strawberry juice, which has natural salicylic acid. Just make sure to use greek when adding strawberry juice, or else the mask will be too runny. I just choose a small strawberry and squeeze it into the yogurt. I only squeeze out the juice and I eat the rest. :)
*An extra note: After I moisturize with Vaseline on my dry areas after the mask, I use the remaining residue on my fingers and lightly brush the pimple areas. Then I put 2% salicylic acid and 2% benzoyl peroxide together on ithe pimples. My skin is really sensitive, and this never has irritated/agitated my skin. It really works. I think the yogurt helps cleanse the pores, which makes it absorb the rest easier. The benefits of the yogurt itself help a lot, too. I could ditch the products, but not the yogurt. After 2 days, my skin, which has been relatively red and bumpy for a few weeks, is much smoother and better. I really hopes this helps all of you.

Oh! I forgot. If you have any shallow indents on your face from pimples, this will make them less pigmented and more shallow. I don't have any deep craters, but any light indents do improve after a few uses of this mask. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd been severely clogged for the past week during holiday. I blame it on myself for not bringing my exfoliator and just being lazy. I decided to take some fat free Greek yogurt and mix in some lemon and honey. It felt so cool on. I left it for 30 minutes and washed it off. I placed some genifique on and this morning my face felt. SMOOTH AS A BABY'S BUM. Ahhh! I will definitely do this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by bigbu

I love this mask. I use only plain greek yogurt and put it directly on my face. I usualy use 2 sppons. The first one i spread it all over my face and massage it for about 5 minutes. Then i put the rest on my face and let it dry. My skin is pretty good so far but this mask makes my skin feel brighter and inccredibly soft and smooth. I have acne scars but i havent seen it help with fading but this is the only one strengthen my skin and not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

Honestly I live and swear by this!! I make my own... what I use:
All natural bio yogurt
A tablespoon of porridge oats
3 crushed strawberries
1/2 tablespoon of honey

mix them together pop it in the fridge for a bit and then put it on my face.. wait for the yogurt to dry.. which will leave a pink residue on your face.. the whole yogurt is seeped into the skin and it will sting only slightly.. very very lightly.. like you can feel the yogurt working that's all.. nothing to worry about, then wash it off and all my spots are reduced and my face looks so much brighter because of the strawberries.. the oats help take out the oils in your face and the yogurt kills bacterias.. try this!! I recommend to anyone.. especially acne prone or oily skin. this will brighten your face!! and the mask is so cheap and lasts! keep it in the fridge though!! x

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No