October 31, 2014 | 1188 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Jnsbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product does leave my face super soft but I've been wearing it to sleep and it gives me huge painful cystic acne. Not worth it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by JessieAnneH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is such a dream come true! It is super healthy, and has dramatically helped me with my dry hair and combination skin. I use it once a week as a deep conditioner for my hair. It makes it super silky and soft. So luminous! For my face i use it every night as a night moisturizer. I do not have acne, but i do get a blemish or two every 2-3 months. It really helped with my break out prone skin from breaking out. It is also amazing because you know that there are no ingredients in it that can unbalance your hormones!!! Woot woot

Coconut oil has made my soul so happy, and i will use if for the rest of my life. Thank you America

Love, Jess

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by yellowease

Coconut oil is my HG everything! I have used it overnight as a deep conditioning treatment for my colored hair, a moisturizer (sparingly-- especially when I want to detox from using too many chemicals), shaving gel (although it did cause minor irritation and sensitivity afterwards), in my food (and tea) and last but not least I use it once or twice a week to oil pull!

It's absolutely great and I have no complaints whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Jaytexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love coconut oil! It had many useful purposes. Cooking, oil pulling, body/facial moisturizer, hair mask, diaper rashes, cradle cap, etc. side note: I personally do not use as a facial moisturizer, due to a couple of break outs while using. Supposably, some say it's your skin get rid of the impurities and it would diminish after awhile. Well, I didn't continue using to find out! Lol I'll stick to my usually facial moisturizer :) other than that coconut oil is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

gave coconut oil 5stars in a category of cleansers, because it is a great, natural, wonderful and cheap makeup remover. as a general face cleanser, i would only give it 3 star, as it is not so good for dry, sensitive skin.
overall, coconut oil deserves 10 stars for all the wonderful things you can do with it.
i only buy organic, cold-pressed, unrefined. it comes in huge tubs, very inexpensive from online health stores.i use it for everyday cooking, baking, as well as make-up remover, and always (mixed with other oils i fancy) as face and body moisturizer.
i see that many people use it on their hair, which i great if it works for their hair. personally, dont use it on my hair, as i find avocado oil is much best for dry, curly hair, and gives incredible shine.
but for all its 100's of uses, coconut oil is without equal. can never be without it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by anqa071599

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I use coconut oil on my skin, hair, and face and it's absolutely amazing!

I bought mine at the supermarket nearby, mine's in a bottle instead of a jar. The smell is good, not too overpowering, but it's not the best scent ever. I apply a little bit all over my hair (except the roots and scalp because those parts easily get too greasy and oily when I put product there) by raking it in and then I apply two dollops of gel by scrunching it into my hair and when my hair dries, it's really shiny and frizz-free. I used to use it alone, but my curls didn't get enough hold without the gel so I always combine it with gel. It's also really lightweight compared to olive oil, so I love it! The oil drips easily though, so be sure to quickly apply it.

I also use a bit of it on my face as a night moisturizer, and sometimes I put a little on my arms. My face looks really smooth the next day and it's an amazing lotion alternative. I'm yet to try it as a deep conditioner, though.

I will definitely buy it if it runs out, but because less is more, I've still got a lot. The amount is still around the top of the bottle. :) For around 8 dollars, it's a really good deal, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I buy mine from trader joes, about 5.99 a jar. I've been using it for over a year and just purchased my second jar! I remove about half the jar and put it in a smaller glass container for my bathroom and leave the rest in my kitchen. I use this daily to remove my makeup, I'll never buy makeup remover again! I remove it with a warm wash cloth and dont even wash my face after. I will actually put more on if I'm feeling a bit dry. I used to have these small bumps on my face and was prescribed differin gel, which droed me out so horribly that I started using this to moisturize, and never looked back, and even better, have not had any recurring acne. (although I do still get small break outs around that time of the month) all in all, fantastic! I'll never go back!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by cassies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't live without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by LaurenAtPiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

We've all read those rave reviews for coconut oil, but how great is it, really?
Well, I bought a jar a few months back, and what do you know, the stuff is amazing! First of all, one glass jar will last you for ages! I use coconut oil as a cleanser and a moisturiser, and I still have only just finished half a jar.
There are lots of different uses for coconut oil, but the main reason I bought it was because I heard it would heal my acne. I started using coconut oil as a cleanser after a harsh cleanser left me with perioral dermatitis, which is basically a rash around the mouth. Coconut oil is gentle on the skin, and easy to wash off, no need to worry about it getting in your eyes, it is actually good for the lashes and hair as well! After washing it off your skin feels soft and dewy, with a gentle glow, and if you use coconut oil as a moisturiser too, after leaving it on overnight your skin looks absolutely gorgeous.

But how did it do with my acne? Well, it wasn't exactly an overnight cure, but there have been slow but sure results, and I have received compliments on how my skin is clearing up. Whatever you want to use coconut oil for, every woman should have a jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Justagirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using virgin coconut oil daily for over three years and it's amazing. Not only for eating/cooking (which is so healthy), but on my hair and skin too.

When my hair is feeling dry, I'll dampen my hair, rub coconut oil through to the ends and wrap my hair in scarf and leave it in overnight. The next morning, once washed out, my hair is so soft and silky and manageable.

It's the *BEST* cleanser I have ever used, period. Works amazingly well at removing make up, even those that are designed to last, such as Estee Lauder doublewear, Revlon ColorStay and waterproof eye make up. I massage it into the skin for a minute or two, then soak a face cloth with hot (not boiling but not warm either) water and wipe away - my skin is left clear and make up free.

I also use it as an all over body moisturiser and has done wonders for my feet.

I've also been known to use it for oil pulling on occasion, which is a habit I really need to get back into.

If you're buying, make sure you buy a good quality, Virgin, cold pressed oil that comes in a glass jar. I've seen many cheap supermarket versions that are highly refined and come in plastic. These are not beneficial, either when eaten or put on the body.

I have an open jar in the kitchen, a separate jar in the bathroom and a jar in my desk drawer in work - wouldn't be without it these days! I buy either Artisana or Tiana and highly recommend either.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No