BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

on 5/21/2012 5:20:00 PM

This gives a sheer to medium coverage. It really depends on how much you use. Gives a sheer, velvety finish. Do not use if you have already applied foundation. Putting this over any other foundation makes your skin look cake a licious. For my combination skin, I get oily on my T zone and can get dry patches in other places around my mouth and nose. I would recommend cleansing your face and using an oil free moisturizer before application. I use a primer, it lasts longer. After primer try using a setting spray. It really helps. I've read reviews of this product saying it made skin either oily or dry. Possibly, depends on what skin type you have. I haven't really had a problem with this, because I've found ways to enhance it, and made it work. It looks natural and feels weightless. Maybe its not mind blowing but I find this product to be very good.

on 5/3/2012 9:36:00 PM

when i first tried this product it just felt very stange to me, its a cream but once you blend its a powder formula. i bought this because i had a sephora employee apply this and i fell in love and bought it right away it gave me a nice glow, and looked flawless. once i got home and i applied it the same way the associate did (with a sponge) it looked very dry and cakey, wasnt for me at all. i was quite sad because in the store i loved it. i returned it but i suggest trying it out first. it does have cute packaging though

on 4/25/2012 3:13:00 PM

This was recommended to be by a Sephora employee. I have very pale combination skin that gets oily around my nose. I was expecting a nice match and good coverage from this foundation:

PROS:

- Adorable packaging
- Reasonably good match

CONS:

- Hard to apply
- Small amount of product for a lot of money
- Wears off quickly
- Not very good finish

Bottom line: Would not recommend or repurchase.

on 4/21/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I never used a cream foundation before and I did like it more then I thought I would. I got a kit that contained a miniature version in medium, it could be a bit more yellow toned to match my skintone but that's fine. I have dry skin and I like dewy foundation, this will give you a powdery finish once applied. I have to use a highlighter and fix+ to make it more dewy. It has light to medium coverage and does make the skin look good but I find it messy to apply (did it with fingers) and you have to use a lot off product. This is not bad but I prefer a liquid foundation that gives my skin a healthy glow.

on 4/13/2012 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

I was so super excited to try this. It had great reviews on the benefit website (but then it would!) But I've stopped using it and am giving it away if anyone is interested!
Pros:
-it made my skin loom pore-less; even close up in bright daylight with a hand mirror. . . .no pores!
-The packaging is really cute
Cons
-the colour was awful, just awful on me. I bought the lightest shade (they only have a few colour selections) as I'm quite pale, but it made me look yellow. . . . seriously, I looked jaundiced! Not to be put off (cos I was really digging the pore-less thing!) I tried so hard to make it work.. . . no deal, one of my work colleagues actually asked me one day if I was ill! :-(
-it's no good for oily skin. . . . I looked greasy after less than an hour! Again, I tired to make it work with matte makeup base, milk of magnesia. . . . . no joy.
-It broke me out. . . . pimples! I don't often get pimples; I've had issues with blackheads since my teens, but never crops of pimples. . . . this stuff changed all that. Nasty, ugly pimples!
-It's expensive. . . the amount in the compact is ridiculous for the price you pay

Like I said, I really wanted to like this. Alas, it's just one more product that I've been lured to by the 'hype'/ 'wow' factor that the company have somehow managed to create. Very disappointing! ;-(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cream foundation is okay..
The packaging is cute!
I hate the smell of it though, smells like burning rubber kinda...
it has okay coverage, i would say medium.
this is really smooth and velvety, but it doesnt transform into a powder, it has a greasy residue, even when set with powder.

on 4/7/2012 1:47:00 PM

This is a neat little product that can work beautifully but only for certain types of skin and only if you're looking for a velvet matte finish. When I purchased it I assumed it would work decently for dry skin since it is a cream but it's like a few seconds after you apply it a wizard magically transforms it into a powder, and I mean really powdery...it's weird. You go to touch your face and become confused because you know you haven't even applied powder yet...or did you? No, you didn't! Now you're worried that if you do powder it you might look over powdery but if you don't your makeup might not last! So what do you do? The instructions don't tell you! Well for me, it does not last very long on its own so it needs powder but the powder makes it look cakey and very dry so I have to use fix spray over top and after all of that it only looks marginally decent; but my skin is dry so I probably shouldn't be using it in the first place. It does cover flaws and pores quite nicely and goes on evenly. It doesn't last very long without powder, oxidizes and darkens which I hate. It also only comes in few shades, the palest is still too dark and yellow for me unfortunately...when will makeup companies cater to the achromatic women of the world!

Wonderful when applied with a kabuki brush.. goes on super easy, doesn't offer great coverage, but for those lucky enough to have few blemishes (or none at all) this cute compact would be great for you ladies! I found it only lasted me a few weeks to a month.. which is why i found it so expensive, not worth the money for the usage! I would highly recommend it to 'on the go girls' who want to keep a handy make up in their handbags! I would repurchase the product but only for it to become an item of on the go make up

on 4/5/2012 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought a mini version of it and oh my i am in love!! it's definitely not your typical foundation because the product goes on clear so you may attempt to pile more on but stop right there! because once it dries the foundation colour pops through and it'll give your face a nice even finish. put too much on and your face will end up looking very powdery. this stuff is great since i hate wearing anything heavy on my face.. however i do agree with others the colour range is not that great. it does dry darker later on in the day.

on 4/3/2012 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product has come as a great surprise to me. I bought it because of the good reviews I read but I must admit I wasn't completely convinced I would liked it. However, I was very nicely surprised when I put it on. The coverage is buildable to the point that you can choose between a hint of foundation and full coverage. It is completely invisible and it achieves the perfect balance between satin and mat. I have oily skin and I'm used to foundations changing colour and texture after a while, but this one didn't fade or change at all after quite a few hours of wear in warm weather. I bought the Medium shade and it's just perfect for my natural complexion. I am really impressed. The only con? The price, as I think it is quite expensive considering it is not going to last me several months but far less.

Popular Crème Foundations