December 17, 2014 | 1709 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2004 1:26:00 PM More reviews by bellafaccia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Initial spritz smells sweet, vanilla-fruity-floral. But that sweetness doesn't last long - maybe 5 minutes at the most. It quickly becomes deeper, warmer, smokey-vanilla. Definitely not a foody, vanilla candy fragrance. Nice for fall and winter, I think. It's soft, no sharp edges. And it's sexy. Not young, innocent, clean, light. I'm not sure if I will buy this again because I'm not really a smoky-fragrance lover, and there's so many other fragrances I like more...although I must say that this really isn't bad! The longer I'm wearing it, the more I like it!! Definitely something very sexy about this fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2004 5:41:00 PM More reviews by buleria

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As so many of the preceding reviewers have already pointed out, the dominant descriptive term for L’Artisan Vanilia is indeed: Smoky. In fact, the very first time I wore this fragrance, I leaned in to kiss my husband who had no idea what scent I was wearing and he said, “Mmm, smoky!” So there you have it, straight out of the mouths of innocents. Vanilia is a smoky, rich, warm, only slightly sweet vanilla with a floral underpinning. I have a hard time with the vanilla fragrances in general and have tried and rejected many as far too sweet. For me, Vanilia is the great exception to the vanilla rule. I find it absolutely sophisticated, grown up and sexy. I invariably receive compliments from both men and women when I wear this fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2004 2:50:00 PM More reviews by msp12

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Given my strong dislike for CSP Vanille Abricot-type vanilla fragrances, I was attracted almost instantly to L'Artisan's smoky, yet floral rendition. For a brief moment only Nicolai's Vanille Tonka vied with L'Artisan's, and after a year of toying with decants, I decided that Vanille Tonka was not for me, either. So can you sense the 'But' developing in this review? Well, recently I tried i Profumi di Firenze's Vaniglia del Madagascar, and I thought that it was very nice, very smooth, not a *wow* vanilla fragrance, but definitely wearable. And I realized that I had been swearing by L'Artisan's Vanilia for a year or so having worn it only a few times over the winter holiday. Upon retesting Vanilia, it struck me as quite abrasive before softening into the smoky, floral thing that I like so much about it. It is a vanilla rendition, however, that I think only works for me in the winter holiday moment, sitting by a fire, sipping warm, spiced drinks with family and friends. Now that it is spring, I feel that wearing Vanilia is akin to not taking down the outdoor Christmas lights after January.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2004 10:02:00 PM More reviews by PollyTrolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best vanillas ever. It doesn't last all that long but I don't mind applying it a little more often. It's very light, sort of a spicy vanilla. I can see being able to wear this anytime. It is never offensive, really understated and soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2004 1:18:00 AM More reviews by tjk2270

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not to start anything, but I am so tired of reading "This smells like old ladies" lol. Why does certain perfume have to represent a certain age?
Anyway...I love this scent. I'm 33, btw. lol. Sort of a spicy, smoky, ambery vanilla. Womanly and unusual. Michelle Pfeiffer's favorite scent, btw.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2004 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Araindrop5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Vanilia is a lovely vanilla floral scent that is perfect on its own but works wonderfully well layered with other L'Artisan fragrances. I could've adopted this as one of my top scents except that it barely lasted more than an hour on my skin. I didn't mind reapplying though but I just wished it lasted longer. Otherwise this is a very nice not too sweet, elegant and simple vanilla floral fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 4:23:00 AM More reviews by dreamstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A puzzling fragrance for me. For a long while, I feel like I am sticking my nose in an ashtray, and then slowly, after about 45 minutes, a deep vanilla starts sneaking in, but it is overpowered by the ash. While intriguing, sexy and attractive it is not. I imagine others would think I was a chain-smoker if I wore it. And yet...I don't know. I feel as if I want to play with this a bit more before I lay down a judgement. It certainly is intriguing. Maybe a fragrance I wear only for myself, when I'm feeling a bit headstrong and impetuous, or a little wild and reckless. It's that kind of fragrance -- makes you feel very dangerous.

I still have to say though, if you are looking for a smoky/incensey vanilla, SMN's Vaniglia is far superior. This is very similar to MPG's Fleur de Commores btw.

EDIT: After some time, I've come to realize that this is a five-lipstick addictive sort of fragrance...just takes some getting used to
And EDIT again: I appreciate this and its composition, but I simply can *not* wear this in public...I get the uncomfortable feeling that people must think I'm a chain-smoking junkie. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2004 2:12:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I am picky when it comes to vanilla fragrances, but this one is very high on my list! Not TOO sweet, like Casmir (which just grew sweeter and sweeter on my skin), but still definitely vanilla. This, and Crabtree & Evelyn's Vanilla are my two favorite vanilla fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2004 12:53:00 AM More reviews by desiree_e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. Not sweet at all, and doesn't it smell three-dimensional? You can feel yourself inhaling it. It's thick, reminds me of lipgloss. Not vanilla-scented lipgloss. Forget about the scent, but the scent has a texture you can feel. That's why I refer to lipgloss. It's thick and smooth. I want to lick it, but it's not sweet or edible-smelling. Something so special and interesting about it. Very versatile, also

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2004 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

L'Artisan Vanilia is a very unique vanilla scent. It is not your typical sweet vanilla fragrance. I find it to be more spicy than sweet and it works better in the colder months as it can be a bit over bearing during the warmer season.