MAC Select Cover-Up

3.7

Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tea-Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Esters, Lecithin, Polybutene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 85, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben Select Cover-Up may contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines

on 12/11/2012 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This concealer doesn't work for me. It doesn't blend well and looks cakey no matter how much i try to blend it and how I apply it. I used my fingers, different brushes and sponges and nothing seems to work.

It has a medium to full coverage but since I have combination skin. So my T-zone gets really oily and the concealer comes off easily and where I have dry areas on my face the concealer it makes my dry patches look more prominent.

I won't purchase this again.

on 12/7/2012 9:07:00 PM

This is a good concealer and it blends okay on my skin. I sometimes use it alone without foundation or powder. However this concealer feels heavy on my the skin. A good thing about this mac product is that it comes off easily with soapy water or makeup remover.

on 10/25/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in an NC23 (I am an NC25 in foundation). I bought this to mainly cover blemishes and spots/acne but I didn't really take a look at the actual packaging until after I bought it - I really don't like the tube - I would much prefer a wand to apply it but oh well. The actual concealer has great coverage and applies nicely and smoothly, even on my horrible dry skin. It is quite thick though. Personally I wouldn't buy again but I would recommend to someone else.

on 10/25/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This MAC concealer is amazing. It is the first concealer I've ever had by MAC. I own two NC20s and one NW20.
I love the texture and how easy it is to blend this into the skin. It is also very moisturizing- and the best part, it does NOT crease throughout the day. I would reccommend this concealer because you get a good amount of product for $18. The other concealers by MAC, you get less product but still pay the same price. So, this concealer will last you a bit longer. The coverage, personally I find it medium to full. The finish looks like skin, not too matte, nor too glowy- I love it.
I actually don't really mind the squeeze-tube, it's quite convienent if you're a makeup artist- you're not gonna contaminate the product with bacteria or whatnot.
Overall, I would definitely buy this product again, and I would reccomend it to any skintype. The only thing that I think most people complain about this product is the fact that it is not FULL coverage like other concealer by MAC such as Studio Finish concealer or Studio Sculpt concealer.
Anywho. You'll probably love this stuff.

on 10/23/2012 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I went to MAC to get pro-longwear concealer for my under eye circles but the MAC lady convinced me this was the better choice. I am not happy with it. Yes it does look natural, and I was correctly colour-matched, but it doesn't cover ANYTHING It has no pigment this thing! Disappointed.

on 10/4/2012 2:25:00 PM

I have this in NW20 and it's the best concealer out there. I only use it to cover the occasional pimple and it works really well for that. I don't have dark circles, I actually have the opposite problem--white ones! Weird, I know!!! So I don't need it for that but it covers zits very well. I just had to throw mine out (had it for years) because it was separating in the tube so time for a new one! MAC really does have the best color matching too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This might sound cliche from someone reviewing concealers but here goes: I suffer from dark circles and this is one that helps reduce that problem if I'm in a rush to do my makeup. I don't wear foundation anymore but concealer is definitely a staple considering my situation. It stays the whole day but it creases on me. I'd say the coverage is medium to buildable full coverage which is mediocre considering this ought to be a concealer thus it also ought to be full coverage. I also like that it's small enough to carry with you in your clutch. I keep two of these in my bag (I have one that stays permanently in my purse the other I tend to grab from my desk and bring with me when I'm rushing. Don't think you're being skimped on product. A little goes a long way. Coming from someone who uses only concealer, half a pea size amount is enough to cover my eyes and lids, around my nose and mouth and in between my brows to add brightness. A decent concealer but I'm still on the lookout for the best one for me.

UPDATE:
I added another lippie because I tried different methods of applying this and found one that doesn't lose its coverage and at the same time prevents creasing. I pat this on my dark circles and blemishes with my finger to distribute and warm up the product and use the shiseido perfect foundation brush to pat and blend it in place. It looks absolutely amazing on when I use this method, undetectable and flawless. This has easily become my HG concealer/foundation. Will repurchase and buy more backups soon.
PS. A dot of this mixed in with your moisturizer makes an excellent tinted moisturizer!

on 10/3/2012 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't even know how many tubes of this I have purchased...too many. I used to use this in NW15 as a foundation--it was the only thing i could find that covered well and was light enough. It definitely worked nicely as a foundation, but I have found concealers that cover much more using less product, and that are significantly less expensive. Not the worst product in the world, but I don't think it is worth the money. I suggest looking into some drugstore concealers, such as Hard Candy's "Glam-oflage", Revlon's concealer stick, or Mabelline's "fit me" concealer.

on 9/9/2012 5:33:00 PM

This concealer is.......good and bad at the same time.

it works pretty well covering acne scars ! as long as you find the right shade for you this can cover every blemish ! you just need a tiny amount, this will last a very long time

but for the under eye area doesn't work that great, it looks cakey and DRY, which is weird because I have super oily skin

also, it doesn't stay more than 4-5 hours WITH primer

wow i seriously think this is one of the worst concealers Ive ever come across. for under the eyes, it is far too cakey and settles into fine lines even over a primer and even when set with a powder. i thought maybe it would be good for blemishes but it oxidizes within a half hour and leaves an obvious mark of where the concealer was placed. really just horrible and useless. I have yet to be impressed by any mac concealers, and this one was no different.