MAC Select Cover-Up

3.7

Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tea-Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Esters, Lecithin, Polybutene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 85, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben Select Cover-Up may contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines

on 2/5/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have really bad cystic acne as a result of a medication I'm taking. I can't leave the house without at least concealer. I had been using Smashbox Camera ready concealer, but as my acne got worse, I realized I needed a thicker formula. Compared to MAC studio finish concealer (which I also own..and despise), Select cover up is much sheerer coverage, but that is what I love about it. Despite the fact that I have acne, I still want my skin to look like skin. I want to see my freckles and I don't want it to look caked on. Basically, I don't want full-coverage anything. Select cover up is a great light-medium coverage concealer. I wear NC20 and it's a perfect match. I first apply MUFE F&B all over with my hands, then dot select cover up on any blemishes and under eyes, then stipple/buff with an RT brush and set with MUFE HD finishing powder. My face ends up looking pretty flawless but still natural! I don't want to look like a mannequin. I use NC20 under my eyes even though I should be using NW20 for undereyes. I'm on a no-buy so NC20 under eyes does work for me, but I do not have dark undereye circles. All in all, I have found my favorite concealer. Lasts all day..even through an intense workout! Looks natural, which I love. If you're looking for full coverage, select cover up is not it. If you're looking for a natural looking concealer that you can build up to medium coverage, you might love this like I do

EDIT: as my cystic acne got worse, select cover up quit working. Too thin to cover an large cysts up. I also think its too thin for under eyes. I switched back to Mac studio finish and find the thicker consistency much better suited for my cystic acne and under eyes

on 1/31/2013 7:25:00 AM

good concealer for canceling dark circles. my shade is nw20 which works well against the undereye darkness. good consistency, not too thick of thin. good staying power

Cons: may fall into fine lines.

on 1/30/2013 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This covered my acne/acne marks really well but was very drying around my eye area. Had to quite using it entirely when my under eyes and lids started flaking and became sensitive. Never had this problem before with products. I'd use it for blemishes only and stick to Touche Eclat for the under eyes.

on 1/25/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had really high hopes for this concealer after seeing so many good reviews about it. After using it i was left feeling slightly disappointed. I have very dark circles an need a lot of concealer to cover them up. But after using a small amount it looked cakey and made any fine lines under my eyes stand out. The coverage is okay. I was still left with quite noticeable circles under my eyes and, it only lasted a few hours. However, i found this covered up my blemishes perfectly and looked very natural. But again it only lasted a few hours. So i wouldn't recommend this for under eye circles, only for blemishes.

on 1/14/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is by far my favorite spot concealer. Amazing texture blends seamlessly with your skin, so it doesn't appear cakey. You can layer this as much as you like to achieve the perfect amount of coverage. The packaging is my favorite part, because once you think you've squeezed all you can out, you can just snip off the plastic end and dig whatever else you need out. Packaging is my largest pet peeve when I feel I am being ripped off - because I can't even reach the last 1/3 of the product left over. With this packaging you get every last ounce! It's $18.50, which is reasonable considering the quality and longevity of the product.

on 12/11/2012 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This concealer doesn't work for me. It doesn't blend well and looks cakey no matter how much i try to blend it and how I apply it. I used my fingers, different brushes and sponges and nothing seems to work.

It has a medium to full coverage but since I have combination skin. So my T-zone gets really oily and the concealer comes off easily and where I have dry areas on my face the concealer it makes my dry patches look more prominent.

I won't purchase this again.

on 12/7/2012 9:07:00 PM

This is a good concealer and it blends okay on my skin. I sometimes use it alone without foundation or powder. However this concealer feels heavy on my the skin. A good thing about this mac product is that it comes off easily with soapy water or makeup remover.

on 10/25/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in an NC23 (I am an NC25 in foundation). I bought this to mainly cover blemishes and spots/acne but I didn't really take a look at the actual packaging until after I bought it - I really don't like the tube - I would much prefer a wand to apply it but oh well. The actual concealer has great coverage and applies nicely and smoothly, even on my horrible dry skin. It is quite thick though. Personally I wouldn't buy again but I would recommend to someone else.

on 10/25/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This MAC concealer is amazing. It is the first concealer I've ever had by MAC. I own two NC20s and one NW20.
I love the texture and how easy it is to blend this into the skin. It is also very moisturizing- and the best part, it does NOT crease throughout the day. I would reccommend this concealer because you get a good amount of product for $18. The other concealers by MAC, you get less product but still pay the same price. So, this concealer will last you a bit longer. The coverage, personally I find it medium to full. The finish looks like skin, not too matte, nor too glowy- I love it.
I actually don't really mind the squeeze-tube, it's quite convienent if you're a makeup artist- you're not gonna contaminate the product with bacteria or whatnot.
Overall, I would definitely buy this product again, and I would reccomend it to any skintype. The only thing that I think most people complain about this product is the fact that it is not FULL coverage like other concealer by MAC such as Studio Finish concealer or Studio Sculpt concealer.
Anywho. You'll probably love this stuff.

on 10/23/2012 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I went to MAC to get pro-longwear concealer for my under eye circles but the MAC lady convinced me this was the better choice. I am not happy with it. Yes it does look natural, and I was correctly colour-matched, but it doesn't cover ANYTHING It has no pigment this thing! Disappointed.

Top Rated MAC Products